"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Im having trouble with my overlay layering. I want both of the characters to be in front of the overlay at the end when they’re walking , but they’re still behind it. this is what i have so far (I had Francisco at layer 2 so he could look like he’s actually sitting in the sofa) also I took out all the dialogue and stuff so it could be less confusing

INT. SIMPLE LIVING ROOM - DAY with SIMPLE LIVING ROOM SIDE SOFA to 1.000 -30 -67 in zone 1 at layer 3
@FRANCISCO spot 0.947 102 147 in zone 1 AND FRANCISCO is sit AND FRANCISCO faces right AND FRANCISCO moves to layer 2
@/LUCIANA enters from right to screen center
@FRANCISCO spot 0.947 164 133 AND FRANCISCO is stand_up THEN FRANCISCO is dustoff_loop
@/LUCIANA moves to layer 8
&LUCIANA walks to upscreen right in 3 THEN LUCIANA walks to spot 1.280 -91 1
@FRANCISCO moves to layer 7
@FRANCISCO walks to upscreen left THEN FRANCISCO walks to spot 1.280 -91 1

Did you try to move overlay to the layer as well?

@overlay OVERLAY to layer #

this worked thanks!

1 Like

How do I change the script name of a character?

Wondering how to place a character behind the bar in the background INT. BAR - DAY. Putting the character in different layers is not working, thanks!

You can’t change the script name only display name. You would have to delete the character if you want different script name.

1 Like

There’s no overlay for this background, you have to upload one yourself. Check @uwe.episode on IG, she has a bar overlay. Don’t forget to credit :wink:

1 Like

Okay thank you!

Another question. :joy: I was wondering how to pan to a zone after an action occurs without a pause in between, if that makes sense.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean but try to use & maybe

&pan to zone #

NARRATOR (RIA)
The man had turned around and grabbed my wrist.
Even drunk, this man was a lot stronger than I was.
Being an eighteen year old, working at a bar, this surprisingly had never happened to me.

@ASH stands upscreen left in zone 2 AND ASH faces right AND ASH is arms_crossed
@EXTRA1 stands upscreen right in zone 2 AND EXTRA1 faces left AND EXTRA1 is talk_arms_crossed_loop
@pan to zone 2 in 1

RIA (talk_sad_timid)
Sir, could you please not touch me.

I have this going on, and after the line of “Being an eighteen year old, working at a bar, this surprisingly had never happened to me.” I want to pan to zone two with new characters, but before that action occurs there’s a random pause in between actions. Hopefully that helps. :blush:

Try:

&ASH stands upscreen left in zone 2 AND ASH faces right AND ASH is arms_crossed
&EXTRA1 stands upscreen right in zone 2 AND EXTRA1 faces left AND EXTRA1 is talk_arms_crossed_loop
@pan to zone 2 in 1

That worked! Thank you so much.

1 Like

Is it possible use gains twice?
for example in a choice I use a gain to remember it and then in the scene I want to use the gain I use it and then use it again in another scene?

And also is it possible in a choice with gains used them in another chapter and not in the chapter I put it?
(Let’s say in chapter 3 I put a choice “black” or “white” I use the gains for the two options and then end the chapter , and in chapter 4 I want to remember which option the reader chose. Is it possible?) :thinking:
(lol, hope whoever answer can understand what I’m trying to say :joy:)

Yes, you can use the gain how many times you want, and you can use it through your whole story.

1 Like

thank you so much :blush:

1 Like

I have a question that involves the usernames on the app and all, what if we had a current username and we published a story and I wanted to changed my username but I have a story published and all. Can I change my username still, or will it stay the same forever since I published a story?
(Sorry, if this is kinda stupid)

1 Like

@SASB,

You can change it in the More Options sections of the writers portal.

Visual

1 Like

Thank you @Purple_Ghost , I wasn’t sure.

1 Like