"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

I have this tiny problem in my story.

@pan to zone 3
@pan to zone 1

I want the screen to say in zone 3 for a while, but it immediately changes back to zone 1.

@pan to zone 3
@pause for 3
@pan to zone 1

The scene will pause for 3 seconds you can change it to any time you want.

1 Like

Does anyone know if we will ever be able to create custom characters?

@bobjeffrey,

What do you mean by that exactly? Like Sims customization kind of crazy or just customization in general? You can customize characters for INK and LIMELIGHT.

Like sims customization I guess (height , fat/skinny, etc.).

@bobjeffery,

I don’t think they have any plans to do something like that in the future as the coding for that is a bit wonky. It would also mean that they would apparently have to make all new outfits and animations for the different shapes from what I have heard.

Now, when writing you can adjust the heights using the spot director by changing the scale.

Hi guys :wave: :blush:
I have seen people have different “descriptions” for each episode of their story.
How does one do that? :thinking:

@Cuddly_Duckling,

They are adding a teaser for each trailer (highlighted in yellow). The only chapter you can’t add a teaser for is your first chapter.

1 Like

Oooooooooooooooh!
I see.
That makes SO much sense now :sweat_smile:

Thanks a lot @Purple_Ghost

P.S. love your top secret screenshot.

1 Like

Hi,
I would like to ask about the loop backgroungs:
Can you ever change somehow the direction it moves?
(I mean that if you just write the loop it moves to the left)

No, unfortunately you can’t :frowning:

Oh, thank you anyways :blush:

EXT. ANNIKA APARTMENT - DAY
@Character spot 0.400 155 283 AND CHARACTER is idle_sad

Then I want a car overlay to enter from the left with a person in it.
How to do so? PLZ help

You need to use spot directing for this and layers.

Read this very clear guide:

2 Likes

Just a random question does anyone know any free aps you can use to make covers ?

@littlelizzie06,

On mobile I know a lot of people use ibisPaint X. On computer, I use Pixlr.

1 Like

Okay, thank you :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m new in this community and i’m currently working on my new story in limelight. Can someone please help me zoom on a character as it appears on screen. I want to zoom on a character from her toes(shoes) upward whiles the character appears on screen (walking). Can someone help please:sweat:

Welcome to the forums @ardina :grin:

Did you place your character on the screen? Are you familiar with spot directing?

yes i placed my character on screen and yes i’m abit good with spot directing (6-10). but i want to zoom on the character from toe to head