"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Search for the Tag “Looping” in the Background (Art Catalog) section. You’ll see every looping background that’s available. To make these backgrounds loop in your story, just type in their names in the script and they’ll be automatically looped with or without a character in them.
Hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

(I’m sorry I’m dumb) So just choose a looping background and then write the characters name?
Example:
EXT. FOREST LOOPING - DAY
@CHARLOTTE

Yup! :grin:

Okay thank you! I’ll try it out right now

…It didnt work :cry: I did this
@CHARLOTTE

Charlotte is the characters name

you need to add her on the screen by placing her:

@CHARACTER stands screen position

@CHARLOTTE stands screen left/right

Ohh ok thank u :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi! So I want my readers to customize the MC but I don’t want them to change her hair colour and eye colour! What would I need to remove from the script?

Ask here :slight_smile:

LIMITED Character Customization Templates & WORKSHOP!

I’m trying to do a “remember past choice” script.

For instance, the said scene is “punch” or “kick” another character in the previous episode. I added gains for both (hospital_punch) and (hospital_kick) respectively.

How would I script it exactly the following episode?

Will it be like this?

if (hospital_punch) {
#scene here
} else {
}
#scene for kick here

?

Yes, that code looks fine

hey there! me again lol :joy:
I was just wondering how you use the

Blockquote @follow character to zone #
command
sorry if this reply looks weird, I can’t see my preview

@follow CHARACTER to screen position in zone #

@follow CHARACTER to screen center in zone 3

NOTE - you can’t follow to spot

You can use:
&pan to zone 3
@CHARACTER walks to spot % X Y in zone 3

1 Like

Put scene for the kick inside the brackets (else)

1 Like

oh right thanks!
Xxx

Hi I’m trying to make my character disappear in one of the scenes, how can I do that?

You can make them instantly disappear by removing them:

@remove CHAR

Hi I was wondering how could I let readers customize a character that’s not named YOU and won’t change the name and won’t change the colors that the character already had. As in eye color, skin color, hair color, ext? Or if theres a template that has this it would be really helpful.

You can name character as you want. For part customisation visit Dara’s workshop :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes you can make them disappear instantly with the @remove CHARACTER function or you can make them fade out but you’ll need to work with an overlay.

first of all you will have to create an overlay of the background your character is on and upload it. then place it in your scene and stretch it out so that it fits the background perfectly, you can do this by changing the opacity of the background overlay to 0.5 and then resizing it so everything overlaps perfectly. place the character you want to disappear behind that overlay and change the opacity of the overlay to 0. then have the overlay’s opacity change to 1 in a set time frame then the character will fade out.
for instance:

@OVERLAY at layer 2
@OVERLAY opacity 0

@CHARACTER moves to layer 1

THEN:

@OVERLAY opacity 1 in 5.5

This means your chacater will fade out in 5.5 seconds.

Hope that helps, let me know if you want a visual representation. :cherry_blossom::blossom: