"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

quick question how do zoom to the ground?

Hi there,
I’m wondering how to get the name attached to the speech bubble to reflect the name chosen by the player for the main character. Right now, I can use the chosen name in dialogue but the speech bubble label shows something else.
Any thoughts?

Screen shot taken from Dara’s guide. Hope this helps!

If you want to zoom onto your characters that are lying on the floor. I suggest you spot direct your characters then use the zoom tool on the preview/app. The zoom won’t zoom as far as where they are laying.

1 Like

thanks

Hi!
Can you help me with name customizatiion? I just left a comment, but it seems to have disappeared.
Anyway, I customized the MC’s name, but it only seems to work in Episode 1. It just says “FIRSTNAME” in all other episodes. I have seen a lot of authors use it throughout their stories, so I was wondering what I’m doing wrong? :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m trying to make an outline for my new episode story, but I’m wondering, is it possible to have the mid-point and the second plot point be the same event?

Be sure to use the app when previewing type in choices like name customization. The web previewer doesn’t have that functionality:

It depends on the story. But all things in writing are possible as long as you have created a solid line for the reader to follow. If you want to discuss it more in detail, you can always pm me.

If anyone here read Joseph Evans stories or Evil Ebonni how do we make the mini games?
I don’t have a picture unfortunately but it’s like a screen that have numbers or symbols and the reader clicks on them, for example a mini game to enter the security code
If he entered the right set of numbers he opens the gate or whatever
If he entered wrong numbers he have to re do it
Did you guys get me? I’m bad at explaining :sweat_smile:

That would be tappable overlays! Here’s a guide on how to use them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not at all! The shade looks completely different to the other red lipstick colors in LL :sob::sob::sob: If only there was a template for the Ink lip colors. I looked for it on Dara Amarie’s linktree but didn’t see any :disappointed_relieved:

Omg thank you so much

1 Like

Hello! Does anyone has a template with the new choices in hairstyle?

This is Dara’s don’t forget to give credit :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

Do outfits carry over to the next scenes and episodes or do I need to keep putting @CHARACTER changes into Outfit each time? On pc preview they don’t carry the same, so I’m confused.

Also, what does gain do in outfit choices? I never knew how gain worked?

Hey,

Yes, the outfit does carry out into the next episode. The app gives a more accurate depiction of your story, things that the web previewer won’t register. So for things like that, I always recommend checking your story on the app previewer. Sometimes there can be glitches though, so make sure to read thru your story before publishing, just to be sure that the outfit transferred.

Using gains is one of the methods available for remembering past choices. Gains, specifically, are like flags you collect depending on a choice. Here’s a link to an awesome post that explains how you can use them (section number 2).
But, I do NOT recommend you use gains for outfit choices. It’s possible to do so, but it requires a far more complicated choice command set up. If done incorrectly, your code won’t work properly.

hi Apes, do you know how to add more background to our story with our file from document?

This isn’t anything to do with the script but I’m kind of having writers block and I don’t plan things out much
What do you think helps get someone motivated to write?