"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Question: When writing a character into the story, who we don’t know, (NO display name) If the character comes into the story later and we want the name to show, do we have to create the same character in the ‘character tab’ but with a display name? Or how would we go about doing this?

Yes, you need to create a duplicate character with a name :slight_smile:

@Apes Thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

Does anyone have tips in this spot directing situation?

In my script, I have one of my characters pushing another against a wall, and I’m having so much trouble with the “seconds” part, where the timing looks awkward or the animation just doesn’t look right lol. I see good coders do exceptional in this.

This is what my code looks like, for instance. In other situations that should make sense, its the same as one character following right behind another character, for instance, in a scene, where they don’t end up overlapping.

@RUBEN moves to layer 1 AND YOU moves to layer 0 AND YOU faces right

&RUBEN walks to spot 0.868 96 215 in zone 1 in .3 AND RUBEN faces right AND RUBEN does it while kiss_playful_loop_rear AND YOU walks to spot 0.851 32 212 in zone 1 in 1 AND YOU does it while react_startled_subtle

&YOU starts kiss_makeout_loop AND RUBEN starts kiss_passionate_loop_rear

Either two things happen when I tried experimenting (and with no success): one character goes way quicker towards desired spot than the other, or the animation in the “does while” ends quick and it doesn’t start the animation I want immediately after (which is kiss_makeout_loop, for instance, instead of going immediately idle which looks really jarring).

How do you post your story to Instagram that provides a link?

@CHARACTER goes to character avatar

Hello I can help with that! In your home page where it says your trending rank at the right will be a button that says “Improve Rank” Once you push it there will be a link copy and paste in and once you go to your instagram edit your profile and there will be a space for a link and just insert it there I’m sorry if I don’t make sense

1 Like

@pan to zone 3
that’s to make the camera slowly go to that zone and
@cut to zone 3
makes the camera immediately be in the zone
To have a character just stand there put
@CHARACTER stands in screen right/left/center in zone 3

Thanks I did something like that and I was able to paste my story in the comment section on Instagram but there is no link. My cover is generic because I havent created one…

Can you put a goto command at the beginning of the episode without a choice branch there? I’m trying to send the readers to my skip or reread template without having to read the episode to get that point. I hate making people reread an episode after I update the story each time.

Because you have two separate commands using the & I would recommend using the THEN command so your characters actions are smoother. Also you have different timings so I’ve redone the script in two ways …

&RUBEN walks to spot 0.868 96 215 in zone 1 in .3 AND RUBEN faces right AND RUBEN does it while kiss_playful_loop_rear AND YOU walks to spot 0.851 32 212 in zone 1 in .3 AND YOU does it while react_startled_subtle THEN RUBEN is kiss_passionate_loop_rear AND YOU is kiss_makeout_loop

&RUBEN walks to spot 0.868 96 215 in zone 1 in .3 AND RUBEN faces right AND RUBEN does it while kiss_playful_loop_rear THEN RUBEN is kiss_playful_loop_rear AND RUBEN faces right
&YOU walks to spot 0.851 32 212 in zone 1 in 1 AND YOU does it while react_startled_subtle
@pause for 1
&RUBEN is kiss_passionate_loop_rear AND YOU is kiss_makout_loop

Let me know if you try these!!

I would advise putting a choice as people may not have read it yet.

NARR
Have you read this chapter already?
choice
“Yes I want to skip”{
goto episode_end
}
“No I haven’t read it yet”{
goto episode_start
}

label episode_start
episode here

label epsiode_end
NARRATOR
To be continued.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I will try that out. Thank you!

It worked! Thank you!

1 Like

Alright, I have another problem. I have to put my cc template at the end if they have read the episode already so that they do not lose their look. The problem I’m having is when I put the second cc in, it keeps repeating the scenes that follow the first cc. I placed a number at the end of the second one to mark that its another one but it didn’t fix the problem. I ran into this issue before but I can’t remember how I fixed it.

That’s a pain! I would take the CC out of this episode and put it in the beginning of the next one. If you need to keep it in this episode… Check carefully you haven’t used the same labels or goto’s in the 2nd CC.

1 Like

Thank you, I will try that later today after work. Yeah, it really is a pain when it happens. I wish the web portal wasn’t so sensitive.

I’ve been wondering how to those shots where the camera goes from the bottom to the top.

Here’s a guide on that method:

Thanks!