"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Hey there! How do you insert music into a script?

Hi. Use the following code … you can search music and sounds on the portal. Or you can search for the episode music playlist on the app!

music music_name
this is the name of the looping music you want to play

volume music 100 0
this controls the volume of music. This code will turn the music to full in 0 seconds. Example 50 3000 will turn the music to 50% in 3 seconds

music off
this turns the music off completely without using the volume control*

sound sound name
this is a non looping sound. All are available in the portal

Hope this helps a little :slight_smile:
Also. Check out this thread for examples on where and how to use all sounds and music

2 Likes

For music, if you input another sound, do you have to use music off?

No. The sound will play over the music :slight_smile:

Could someone explain how to move characters next to another character that is upscreen?
If ROSS is upscreen left, and I want BEAR to walk up to him upscreen on his left, how would I do that?

Use the spot director in the app preview. Once you find the position you would like your character to be in, there will be a line of code on the screen for you to copy into your script. Use the coordinates rather than “upscreen left”.

Is there a way to clear all the characters off the screen immediately? I’m doing a classroom scene and used the same screen with the same desk overlay but with different students to show a different part of the class. However, when I try to reset the scene the previous students are still there.

This is hard to explain but hopefully that made sense.

you can either switch background to the same one with new characters or use @remove CHARACTER command

Thanks that works! Very handy command to know.

1 Like

Can you make a action faster? Say like when a character is doing flirt_fingersnap but you only want the end of the animation. I’ve seen many authors do it.

You have to options:

1. You use the zoom feature. You zoom and focus on another character or on another part of the scene. Then as the focus is away from the charatcer, have the character do the animation. Then when you refocus on the character, they will have the last part of the animation as their facial expression. (Bear in mind that you have to allow certain time to pass for the animation to finish and some animations take longer than others.)
  2. You can make a duplicate character. You put the duplicate character offscreen and you have them do the animation. Then you remove the character onscreen and place the duplicate character onscreen in its place. The duplicate character will have the last part of the animation as their facial expression.

How can I get a speech bubble for a character who is not on screen? (I want an actual speech bubble, not a narrator bubble with the characters name.)
Thank you!

Place the character off screen or in a different zone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you remove weather effects halfway through a scene?

Not sure, but I think that you need to re-put background and characters once again (:

:point_up_2::point_up_2: correct answer. You have to change backgrounds to turn off weather effects.

How can I make her turn around instantly. I’ve tried using THEN and she either glides through the walk animation, or does the same thing.

Change it to this:

@KATIE walks to spot 1.280 235 1 (in zone 1/2/3 in SECONDS) and KATIE does it while walk_neutral_loop then KATIE faces left and KATIE is laugh_giggle

Hey so I was experimenting with gains for the first time and I couldn’t get it to work. Basically the outcome would always be the one for good_grade, regardless of whether or not the choice for it was picked. What am I doing wrong here? Also thank you for this super helpful thread :slight_smile:

ELLA (talk_apathetic)
Choose a letter.
choice
“A”
{
gain bad_grade
}
“F”
{
gain good_grade
}
if(good_grade)
{
ELLA (dance_disco_loop)
(Yay!)
}
elif (bad_grade)
{
ELLA (idle_sad)
(Nuuu!)
}

ELLA (talk_apathetic)
Choose a letter.
choice
“A”{
gain bad_grade
}“F”{
gain good_grade
}

for first ( if ) use the first gain, for second one (which is good_grade gain) use else on its own, make sure you reset your story progress before testing different outcomes

if(bad_grade){
ELLA (dance_disco_loop)
(Yay!)
}else{
ELLA (idle_sad)
(Nuuu!)
}

1 Like