"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

:smile:

One more quick one… im transitioning into a dream/flashback i want to make it smooth… but my timing is all off

What does that part of your script say?

I’ll try my best at helping you out but I can’t guarantee top results since Writer’s Portal is on the down low for me and sometimes I need it to test things out lol :laughing:

:laughing: all good! … so far its this

@HAILEY spot 0.917 395 384 AND HAILEY faces right AND HAILEY is lay_asleep_loop

@transition fade out
@pause for a beat
@transition fade in

INT. HOUSE PARTY - NIGHT
@YOUNGHAILEY changes into YoungHaileyParty
@YOUNGCHARLOTTE changes into YoungCharlotteParty
@YOUNGNOAH changes into YoungNoahParty

@YOUNGHAILEY spot 0.917 74 152 AND YOUNGHAILEY faces right
@YOUNGNOAH spot 0.917 163 150
&YOUNGNOAH faces left

then dialog starts

Maybe try this:

@HAILEY spot 0.917 395 384 AND HAILEY faces right AND HAILEY is lay_asleep_loop

@transition fade out

INT. HOUSE PARTY - NIGHT

&YOUNGHAILEY changes into YoungHaileyParty
&YOUNGCHARLOTTE changes into YoungCharlotteParty
&YOUNGNOAH changes into YoungNoahParty

&YOUNGHAILEY spot 0.917 74 152 AND YOUNGHAILEY faces right
&YOUNGNOAH spot 0.917 163 150 AND YOUNGNOAH faces left

@transition fade in

1 Like

THANK YOU!!! works perfectly!!!

This is episode 2… i want to get 3 done before i publish… im so excited its my first story!

Good luck on your story and have fun :wink: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you <3

1 Like

I’m using spotlight style for my story, and I’m trying to customize my character without using the universal avatar creator (I’m afraid of confusion from people who’ve never seen the creator) but when it comes time to customize the character in my story, you can’t see them? Can someone help?

I’m using the limelight script template 1.

I will credit the person who helps me in my story!

Hey guys, I know it’ll be easy but I don’t get it :sweat_smile:
I want my character to dance in different styles in a row but how do I do that?

I wrote:

@AVA starts dance_grind_neutral_loop THEN AVA is dance_drop_it

but she’s only doing another dance animation from an earlier command and then she ends with dance_drop_it but there is no grinding :frowning:

i think u should do
@AVA starts dance_grind_neutral_loop THEN AVA starts dance_drop_it

im not a pro, sorry if it doesnt work :sweat_smile:

Thank you so much, I did it now another way but it works anyway! I just tried it with two new commands :slight_smile:

But I already have another problem :joy: when I want my MC to enter a room and walk to back left in zone 3, she enters the from bottom left corner and gets bigger while walking. How can I change this? I want her to enter normally from left to back left but it won’t work.

I need a title for my story.

This past week I have revamped the story and I’ve realized the title I have for it doesn’t fit what I’m trying to make the story about. I fear that people will see the title and assume that it’s going to be cringey and a cliche. This wouldn’t bother me that much but the problem is I want to update the cover but I don’t know what title to put on the cover.

The current title is “Falling for the Jonas brothers” and I have to admit I too am tired of the whole “Falling for the” story plot. What makes my story different from what the title conveys is the MC can be manipulative at times, she knows she beautiful and how to use it to her advantage and she isn’t clueless to the fact that someone could love her. Despite all of this her only flaw is that her family -although they have made a tremendous success- isn’t quite as close as it used to be.

She pretty much grows up with four people-them being her twin sister Marissa, best friend Skyler, her other friend Maya, and Christopher (current love interest and Skyler’s twin brother.)

You should probably use spot directing for that instead of the basic commands

So, i’ve just started coding my story (literally have like 10 lines) but the preview isn’t loading or is just a black screen. Does anyone know what to do?

Are you using chrome? Did you try to refresh your page?

1 Like

No, i’m using Microsoft and have refreshed my page. a lot of times actually :sweat_smile:

How do I code the run_fall animation immediately after character runs to certain spot? The character always stops on the spot and then falls. It looks weird, and I would be so grateful, if someone could help me. <3 I am sorry, I am new at this, and I tried like 100 different ways, but the char alway stops before falls :confused: Thank you <3

Add THEN instead of AND. So it will look like:

@MARY JAY walks to spot 0.938 158 129 in 3 AND MARY JAY does it while run_athletic THEN MARY JAY starts run_fall

Thank you so much!! <3

No problem!:grinning: