"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

<3

1 Like

Hi, my MC is 100% customisable her name and her look etc but when i make her talk the name that the reader chose doesn’t come up it just comes up as MC so can someone tell me how to make it the name someone has chosen??

And can someone help me with the kissing animations?

So I started writing my own story last Thursday and I still got issues (of course) with writing my script. I’m always switching between YT watching Joseph Evans Tutorials and reading the guides AND watching the Advanced Directing Example while following the script of it.
I know it takes some time to become better but to my point of view it’s unnecessary! Does anyone know if there exists like a “directing command catalogue”? That’d be so helpful and everyone who starts writing on Episode as well will become better more quickly. :frowning_face::sweat_smile:

Goto the guides section and click on “All Directing Commands”.

I already saw this but when I click on it it just opens again in another window :roll_eyes: :joy:
Otherwise I wouldn’t ask :stuck_out_tongue: but thank you anyway! :innocent:

Hi, what displayname do you have for your MC?
If not NAME then change it to NAME and your MC should be showing the readers chosen name

1 Like

in INK or LL style?

INK

&CHARACTER1 faces left AND CHARACTER starts kiss_dip_receive_rear
&CHARACTER2 faces left AND CHARACTER2 starts kiss_dip
or choose any other kiss action from https://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/catalog/behaviors

LL

use & instead of @ when two character acts at the same time

1 Like

Honestly, I learned to be better doing the same thing you’re doing. Although it may seem like a lot of work for something that looks so simple the outcome is rather pleasant (Most of the time.)
When I was starting out one thing that I wish I knew was that Joseph Evans made a site for episode writers and it helps me a lot when I need templates, overlays, background, etc. It’s called www.episodelife.com. Something really important to remember is that nobody wants to read a story that doesn’t have work put in completely. No one has to read your story and if it’s not good no one will. (In case you already knew about the website sorry I wasn’t any help lol.)

P.S. In the case that you get stuck on spot directing or something like that we’re all here to help.

Ok thank you, I just named her MC because i thought it would work:sweat_smile:

Its in ink

Is it true that there is a swearing limit? As in you can only say a curse word about 7 times uncensored?
I have a character named Cursing Cathy, so I need to know.

*5 times.

Man that’s bullshit. But you can do it more if it is censored, or…?

I’ve seen some people get away with it.

I’ve also seen some stories (popular ones) throw the f word around like candy and never get flagged at all.

Do 5 to stay safe :confused:

1 Like

Then the next is where they would be standing, in zone 1, 2 or 3?
This you can work with on the webbpage using the perview

Does anyone know how to zoom in/out and talk using the narrator box at the same time? I think you use the & symbol but I’ve never used it before.

How do people “save” characters to then use them for overlays/edits?

I really want an overlay which I’m trying to do myself… the thing is, I know one way to do it is when you CREATE a character, but there is like…no precise zoom in option (just zoom in and out, so it’s either too small or too big).

How would someone do this?

Or when you’re writing your story, you can go to the library on the right with like all the animations and effects and stuff and there’s a dropdown menu of scripts for limelight.

They screenshot the character and then cut out the background. Idk what you mean by zooming though