"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

You’d use the & symbol for your zoom and just write your narration as is.

1 Like

Ok thank you!

Does anyone know if there is a background of like an apartment door or college dorm room door that is closed?

Does anyone know how to create a flashing ‘tap to continue’ overlay? I can do the tappable part but I can’t do the part where it flashes.

Hey thanks a lot! No, I didn’t know about that site yet. It’s very useful and I already saved a lot of backgrounds which are just amazeballs :sunglasses: :joy:
And you are right! I have to be patient and wait to become better with writing and directing :slight_smile:
Ps: I love this community! Thanks for always helping each other this support is unbelievable :heart_eyes:

I think zone 1, the background is a birds eye view of a bed

than use spot helper in the preview on your story - webbside, there you can changes size on your MC and others while placing them where you want them to be in zone 1. remember to copy the code and finish with in zone 1 like this:
&HENRIC spot 1.15 -150 190 in zone 3 THEN HENRIC faces left
if both are acting at the same time then use the sign & instead of @
here you can search for the right action you like in your scene. https://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/catalog/behaviors

or some times this side will help https://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/guides

or ask how we can help you with your script

You use the opacity command.
&overlay OVERLAY NAME opacity 1 in 0.5 THEN overlay OVERLAY NAME opacity 0 in 0.5

and so on :slight_smile:

No problem, I’m glad to help! And one more tip, it’s very important that when downloading background or overlays that you give credit to the creator. Nobody wants their hard work stolen or used to benefit someone else besides the creator. Happy Writing!!! :wink:

2 Likes

Hey, how do I make an overlay start off really small then get bigger whilst rotating? Like my character is really angry with her powers? :smile:

1 Like

Help please!! So I have been trying to get an overlay of the blue school locker, but I can’t find it. I also tried looking for a template/tutorial on how I can make the character open the locker and have a note fall out of it. Please help! (If none of what I said makes sense, I’m badically trying to find an overlay for the locker and how to make the character open the locker and have a note fall out) Thank you in advance!

You need to find a overlay of the locker with the door open and then add a note overlay and make it move to the bottom of the screen or something to look like it’s falling.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to make a character enter from zone 3 and make him walk to zone 1?
I tried it with spot directing but maybe I typed the wrong coding.
If it’s not possible I have to flip my background but I’d like to keep it :sweat_smile:

Both characters are standing at the right spot but there is no pan (I guess because I’m already at zone 1 and it says “pan to zone 1”) and I can’t see NELLY entering step by step.

@CHARACTER walks to screen _ in zone _

So the character stands in the zone you want them in, and then they walk to the screen position (left, center, right) in the zone you want

How do i get Characters to move with a car in a non loop background???

Hello. I need some help with clothing. Let’s say that the character wants to go shopping. Before they leave the house readers are choosing their outfit. When the character is shopping , they are wear some other clothes to see if they want to by them. However, I want when the readers choose what outfit they want to buy, then the character will change to their old outfit that readers had chosen before. I don’t know if you can understand what I mean. Does anybody know how to do that?

1 Like

you have to use the gain command
Something like this

label shoppingoutfit
NARRATOR
What do i want to use?
“Outfit 1” {
@CHARACTER changes into Outfit1
NARRATOR
Are you sure you want to use this?
choice
“No”{
goto rememberoutfit
}“Yes” {
gain Outfit1
goto end
}}“Outfit 2” {
@CHARACTER changes into Outfit2
NARRATOR
choice
“No”{
goto rememberoutfit
}“Yes” {
gain Outfit2
goto end
}} “Outfit 3” {
@CHARACTER changes into Outfit3
NARRATOR
choice
“No”{
goto rememberoutfit
}“Yes” {
gain Outfit3
goto end
}

label end

(CONTINUE WITH YOUR STORY, THEY GO TO THE SHOPPING AND CHOOSE WHAT THEY WANT TO BUY)
When they are about to finish and they want to change to the previous outfit you write this

If(Outfit1){
}Elif(Outfit2){
}Elif(Outfit3){
}

2 Likes

thank you so much. you really save me. but i cannot understand this:

If(Outfit1){
}Elif(Outfit2){
}Elif(Outfit3){
}

I mean , if the outfits’ names are blue_outfit , red_outfit , black_outfit ,for example, should I write this?

If blue_outfit{
@CHARACTER changes into blue_outfit
}Elif red_oufit{
@CHARACTER changes into red_outfit
}Elif black_outfit{
@CHARACTER changes into black_outfit
}

1 Like

Yeah. Do not forget the parentheses
And its not necessary that the outfit and the command have the same name (It’s good to know)
You can write

maybe they choose one of the options that would lead them to gain one of this:
gain this_choice
gain this_other
gain the_other

If {this_choice){
@CHARACTER changes into blue_outfit
}elif (this_other){
@CHARACTER changes into red_outfit
}elif(the_other){
@CHARACTER changes into black_outfit
}