"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

I’m trying to make my character stand in front of a car here’s what my script looks like;

@CHASE exits right

@CHASE enters from right to screen center AND CHASE moves to layer 0

@CHASE faces right

@CHARLOTTE starts idle_sit_anklescrossed_neutral_loop AND CHARLOTTE faces right

CHASE (talk_book_open_neutral)
Let’s see if it’ll start…

I was going to change Chase’s spot when I went into the story on my phone but when he does the talk_book_open_neutral animation it moves him to layer 2 when I put him at layer 0 and when I put the car at layer 2. Can I have some help PLEASEEE

Put Chase off screen and have him at layer 0, then spot direct him into the scene when he walks in.

It’d be like &CHASE spot % X Y and CHASE moves to layer 0 and CHASE faces right and CHASE is idle

Thanks!!!

Just quickly also - how do i put the ‘cell’ on the bedside table?

So you want the MC to put a cellphone on the bedside table, right? :thinking:

If yes, you’ll need to use an overlay of a cellphone for that :smiley:

1 Like

I want the MC to hear her text, then sit up and pick it up to read it… I want it to start … I couldnt find the overlay.

or how to add it

You can request for one in art resources :smile:

1 Like

How do you may a character smaller in size?

What’s the difference between the script templates “Avatar - Limgelight Female 1” and the others?
“Avatar - Limelight Female 2” and so on?

Hi, I need help, idk how to make character do actions with a narrator bubble. This is what I have and it only does the actions first then the speechbubble. How do you make the actions happen with the speechbubble?

&DAD is talk_angry and YOUNGELLA is shocked
@pause for 2
&YOUNGELLA is talk_awkward AND DAD is eyeroll
@pause for 2
&YOUNGELLA is idle_terrified and DAD is scream
@pause for 2
&YOUNGELLA is cry_sniff_loop and DAD is talk_angry_accuse

NARRATOR (ELLA)
    After my biological mother died, my father became a drunk.

You use spot directing:

They’re the same, it’s just that the codes contain different label names so you can have more than one CC character in one chapter.

Which animation do you want to happen while the NARRATOR box is up? All of those?

All of them so if the reader is slower than others, the characters keep acting

Cool, so you’re going to want to use the THEN script command:

&DAD is talk_angry and YOUNGELLA is shocked THEN pause for 2 THEN YOUNGELLA is talk_awkward AND DAD is eyeroll THEN pause for 2 THEN YOUNGELLA is idle_terrified and DAD is scream THEN pause for 2 THEN YOUNGELLA is cry_sniff_loop and DAD is talk_angry_accuse

Awesome, thank you!

What do you think about these?
pv1_back_PHOTO9_5632581307465728_45cabec911d3d4a9b10edbd7a73cf422

1 Like

Ah, thank you :smiley:

I’m a brand new author and I’ve searched for the past two hours, how do I make a character, for example, walk back a few layers to a bed? I’ve tried panning to the zone after I have the person lay in the bed but then the person is enlarged and it messes everything up. Please help!

So you want to have a character walk towards a bed and lay down on it ?

Yes