"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Can you post the part of the script where error comes up?

It happens after everyone exits

Are you sure you didn’t misspell some name of your character? Can you post the whole line in here?

No I didn’t misspell anything wrong. They are at a party and they decide to play a game

![20180322_010050|374x500]
(upload://qdo3qD1C1WLOQGsmFPT9vVZjyld.jpg)

After they ask everyone to leave is where they pause without any movement

@RudeInception any idea?

it happens to me sometimes if I misspell something, and often when I use props.

If you can copy the line of your script when they starting exiting we can check if it looks good.

1 Like

Are you checking your story through the app?

i had the same issue on a MacBook Pro ,6 years old to be precise,was the video card of the computer that wasnt working or not good enough for the portal,I ended up changing computer,not only i couldnt see the characters i couldnt see as well the animations.

Yes I’m checking it on the phone

CASTLE (talk_callout)
We would like to stop and thank everyone for coming out to support Heavenly on this special day.

NAILA (talk_callout)
For chipping in and helping to rebuild her childhood home.

Castle (talk_callout)
We’ve enjoyed everyone’s company, but at this moment we ask that everyone exits left.

@HARRIS exits left AND KENT exits left AND LESLIE exits left AND DALE exits left AND MONTY exits left AND IAN exits left AND JOEY exits left AND BLAKE exits left

After this line it supposed to go to the line at the bottom but it gets stuck

INT. BLACK -NIGHT
NARRATOR
Mean while
INT. PHILADELPHIA BEDROOM NIGHT
@HEAVENLY stands screen right and HEAVENLY faces left

@ACE stands screen center and ACE faces right

ACE (talk_neutral)
How are you feeling?

@HEAVENLY starts deepbreath

@HEAVENLY
I’m fine.

Is it working on your phone when you checkin it?

well rip me then. thanks for the tip though. i am planning on getting a new computer soonish so i hope after that i will be good <3

Reputation my new story PLEASE CHECK OUT
I’m a languange student and If you guys read it and help me with my grammer or vocablary mistakes I would appreaciate

Yes it did thank you. So when I reset it I use this
|reset|

Hi, i need help with this overlay. I want both characters to be in front of this overlay but even when I changed the layers they’re still behind it.

INT. PINK BEDROOM - DAY with NOVA BEDROOM WINDOW to 1.000 -1 0 in zone 1 at layer 100
@LUNA moves to layer 300 AND LUCIANA moves to layer 300
@zoom reset
@transition iris in black in 1
@LUCIANA enters from left to upscreen right THEN LUCIANA faces left AND LUNA enters from left to screen left

| reset |

Yes, that’ll work

When you use “enters from left/right to screen position” it defaults the characters to no layers. So you will need to use spot direction and place your characters offscreen with their layers, then make them walk onscreen.

Try this:

INT. PINK BEDROOM - DAY with NOVA BEDROOM WINDOW to 1.000 -1 0 in zone 1 at layer 0
&LUCIANA spot 1.28 -100 0 in zone 1 at layer 1
&LUNA spot 1.28 -100 0 in zone 1 at layer 2
@zoom reset
@transition iris in black in 1
@LUCIANA walks to upscreen right THEN LUCIANA faces left AND LUNA walks to screen left

Instead of @CHAR1 exits left AND CHAR2 exits left…

Try this:

&CHAR1 exits left
&CHAR2 exits left

This really does seem like a stupid question, but here I go.

I currently have a story in Limelight style and I’m 7 chapters in, but I wanted to transform it in INK style: same storyline, same characters, the only different thing would be INK style. If you have done this, have you noticed a different engagement between styles? Have your views in each changed from each other? Is there anything I am not contemplating? I know it will obviously take me some time due to the creation of characters and outfits, but I have read that some people prefer INK to LIMELIGHT and viceversa. Basically, is it worth it?

Thank you in advance,
Late In The A.M.

I think the INK characters are more expressive. I read stories in Limelight style sometimes but I can’t really get into them. So I would do it :slight_smile:

1 Like