"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

It’s actually named ISLAND. And now I am getting an error when previewing on mobile. It says writer error when using ISLAND for overlay animation. Please create overlay in stage view first.

Also, you’ve been working with me for over an hour to try and fix this. Thanks for the help, but I can erase the scene and replace it with something else so we don’t have to keep trying with this one.

Oh okay, that could be the issue. Just take overlay out of the name.

So it should look like this:

INT. KITCHEN 2 with ISLAND at layer 2

Try the original way you had the line without the word overlay in it.

I think the problem could be that I am trying to place the character off screen when I switch the layer, and also I put her in zone 1 but she’s off screen so I don’t t know if that would also mess it up.

Possibly, change the -366 to 155 and see what happens. That should place on screen without her being off screen.

Still no difference. I think I’ll work on it more tomorrow, and maybe use a few guides to help me. I should probably head to bed because it’s 12:41 where I am.

1 Like

Thank you for all the help, though! :slightly_smiling_face:

Probably a good idea. Look at with a clear head. Check out Dara.Amaries overlay guide and Apes Spot Positioning guide. They will help you out. You must be on the same timezone as me. It’s the same time here.

Welp, thanks for your help. Do you have any stories published? I’d love to check them out.

1 Like

No problem! Yeah, I have two stories published. Daughter of the blue Dragon is my story on my own account and College Days: A Mystical Beginning on my co-author account with my friend.

Well, goodnight!

1 Like

Good night as well!

Sometimes when you put an overlay on the scene it will default to 0 opacity. As for the other information, I will be adding @JemU776 to this post so she can help you out. Just put in the command:

@overlay overlayname to opacity 1

Thanks for the tag @WolfGamerGirl37 :heart:

@hana.lauren make sure the overlay is in the right zone. And do not forget to add the opacity command, it is very important.

Yes, they work in ink, though they aren’t that new. I believe tappable overlays are still in beta testing but they should work.

Thread on timed choices: Timed Choices Code
Thread on tappable overlays: A Basic Guide to Tappable Overlays
Thread on creating text from overlays: DARA’S GUIDE: Creating Text from Overlays

1 Like

Change their display name (the one shown to the reader)

Thread: DARA’S GUIDE: Typed-in Choices

1 Like

No problem!

1 Like

Hi! Yes the tappables will work with any story but may not work on some devices. Some readers still have a problem using them.
Text overlays should be showing. Make sure you have put
&overlay TEXT opacity 1 in 0
TEXT is the name you give your overlay.
When you use the input code so the reader can choose their name, the name you put (FIRSTNAME) or (YOU) should be placed in the character name display box in the character creation on portal.
Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more help :+1:

1 Like

Example:

NARR
What’s your name?

input What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (NAME)

NARR
[NAME] is a beautiful name!

In this case NAME would be the display name. It doesnt have to be NAME, can be anything u want.

@hana.lauren :black_heart:

1 Like

ok thank you

Hi it keeps saying duplicate lip_nautral etc I tried re-typing but it still doesn’t work

error