"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Does anyone know those # on scripts where they like hide the script below it? How do I do that?

#{
script that you want to hide
#}

Can someone tell me why the animations are going too fast? And why the overlays aren’t showing up in time?

How do you make the camera follow the character with spots? I know it’s possible without normal positions like left and far right, but that doesn’t work out for my story. Also, let me know if you want a shoutout in my story because you helped me.

What you can do for animations is say @CHAR walks to spot scale x y in t AND CHAR faces left and CHAR is animation. Do you want the overlay to be in the scene already, or enter the scene?

Nevermind I found a guide.

Nah I got the character thing I just wanna know why when I spot them they don’t go right away like they’re supposed to

Do you have a time set for the animation or no? I checked your script but didn’t see where it was happening.

1 Like

No, I don’t. How do you do times for animations anyway

When you string animations together with THEN … the animation will typically only last for one beat in the script. That’s possibly why your animations look jarred. You can write one of two ways -
&MC is animation
@pause for 2.5
&MC is animation
@pause for 1.5
&MC is animation

OR

&MC starts animation AND pause for 2.5 THEN MC starts animation AND pause for 1.5 THEN MC starts animation

As for the overlays. Put in 0 after the shifts to x y in zone 1 in 0
That might help :blush:

1 Like

Thank u!!!

1 Like

Hello!
I was wondering how to put a box down after holding it,
I have so far,
@follow AMELIA to screen left in zone 3 AND AMELIA is walk_carry_box
It just goes to a normal conversation after this because I could not find an animation to put it down?
Thank you very much!!

Welcome to the forums!
I would put the following into your script-
&pan to zone 3 in 5
@AMELIA walks to screen left in zone 3 in 5 AND AMELIA does it while walk_carry_box THEN AMELIA faces right AND AMELIA is tinker_loop_rear THEN AMELIA faces right AND AMELIA is shiftweight

The camera will pan as she is walking, when she gets to zone 3 she will do the animation which will look like she’s placing the box behind her. Hope that helps :blush:

Thank you for the such fast reply but it didn’t pan with her :frowning:

This is the scene if it helps, INT. ANNIKA APARTMENT - DAY.

Nevermind! I put in follow instead of walks and took out - in 5.

So in the end, it was,
@follow AMELIA to screen left in zone 3 AND AMELIA does it while walk_carry_box THEN AMELIA faces right AND AMELIA is tinker_loop_rear THEN AMELIA faces right AND AMELIA is shiftweight

Thank you for the help oh my goodness thank you haha.

If I cannot figure something else out majorly can write here again :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re most welcome. And yes, the thread is always open for any help you need :blush:

1 Like

Can someone explain to me why the overlays aren’t showing up?

Have you fixed the error yet? It should be in zone 1 not to zone 1. If that doesn’t help, it’s possible maybe the overlay is in another zone or is set to the wrong opacity

1 Like

I fixed the error I just can’t get any of the overlays to show up, did I get the coding wrong?

I’m not really sure, have you tested to see if one of these is the case?:

• The overlay shows up but is in another zone. You can test this by zooming out. If this is the case you might have to change zones on one or more commands.
  • The overlay box shows up, but the overlay itself doesn’t. If this happens it’s normally an opacity issue, meaning opacity needs to be changed from 0 to 1 one or multiple times. If I can’t solve the issue, I’ll normally put the overlay in with the scene instead of creating it mid-scene (if it isn’t already with the scene, that is)
  • The overlay doesn’t even show up when you click overlay helper. If that’s the case I think there was an issue creating the overlay, try restarting the previewer or episode app, checking any scenery where overlays are included and check where any overlays are created.
  • This one is kind of an extra one. But it’s happened to me that I’ll upload an overlay and have it at default size (1.000) but the overlay will be like HUGE (or maybe even TINY, I don’t remember if that’s happened though) to the point where you like can’t even see it. If that could be it, try scaling the overlay up and down, if it appears.

These were all the things I could think of. It’s possible the issue is even earlier in the code. You could post a little more of the previous coding to see if it can help someone solve it

1 Like