"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Ink.

1 Like

Is the character not doing the action or is there an error about that action? If the character isn’t doing the action (without errors), send me a copy of your script. In the meantime, try refreshing your previewer since it might just be a glitch.

1 Like

Yeah, It’s not doing the action. The character stays neutral.

1 Like

Okay. Just try refreshing your previewer. If you’re using web previewer, make sure you save your work before you refresh the browser. If you’re using the mobile previewer, restart episode in the navigation setting.

1 Like

I refreshed it and it still doesn’t work. Here’s my script.
Script%20Capture Script%20Capture%202

I’m afraid of if they decide not to fix it because INK is no longer being updated.

1 Like

That usually happens to me pretty oftenly when I write. It must be a glitch of some sort that should be easily fixed by refreshing. Do you want to try on your mobile previewer and see if this same glitch occurs?

Unfortunately, I can’t because the account I use to write my episode story is on my android and I recently got an IOS so I can’t get into my account.

1 Like

Hmm, okay. Could you send me the link so I could check myself?

1 Like

Sure.

1 Like

Sorry, I literally assumed the story wasn’t published and I should’ve asked before. I won’t be able to see unpublished episodes, so there isn’t much help I can offer other than the refreshing your browser advice. I’m pretty sure that that animation in particular should work, so you could just continue writing and publish the episode as normal, or you could just substitute it for another action. Its up to you, but going along my previous comment about refreshing, I just want to add:

• recommended browser is chrome; make sure its always updated to the most recent version.
1 Like

Other than that, I’m sorry I couldn’t be much more help! It might work later when you try again.

literally just thought of this, but make sure the script name you’re using is the exact same name as the character you want to do the action.

1 Like

Thanks for your help, I’ll try refreshing again.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Try putting -
&CHRISTOPHER walks to spot x x x in 3 AND CHRISTOPHER does it while walk_animation THEN CHRISTOPHER is talk_hold_cupcake
@pause for 3
CHRISTOPHER
dialog here without animation next to it

1 Like

But if I did that wouldn’t the animation play first and then the dialog 3 seconds after the animations done?

No because you use the &
Basically he will do the walk animation for 3 seconds then he will start the talk animation. So with the pause for 3 there, the speechbubble will come on screen just as he starts the talk animation. Confusing but it does work, I always do this because having the walk, pause then dialog with animation will cause them to go to idle.

Can you put in the NAME for your character’s display name for as many characters as you want? For example, I want to create two versions of the MC (older and younger) and I want her display name to be what the reader chose.

Yes. Display names can be the same. Script names must be different when you create the characters :blush:

1 Like

So if I input NAME it will be the name the reader chose for both of them? As in, the reader won’t have to input the name twice?

That is correct. If NAME is the word you are using for the input code :+1:

1 Like