"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

THANK YOU :pray:

When you’re setting up the filter and fill in all of the values, the S should be zero

You can read more here: HOW TO: Using Filter

@weebmaster

OK, I’ll check it out now, lol sorry i fell asleep or I would have responded earlier :sweat_smile:

UPDATE:

OK, I played your second episode and it worked for me. It showed the name JEM and when Ethan said my name, he said Jem.

A Screenshot

I’ve mentioned this to someone already so I’ll mention it again, a repost of mine:

Sometimes layering doesn’t work when you use normal positions. You’ll then have to use spot directing.

So,

@CHARACTER spot 1.280 X 0 in zone 1 at layer -2

@CHARACTER walks to spot 1.280 160 0

screen center = spot 1.280 160 0

So place the character offscreen to the right as you have them coming from there. Whatever the middle number you get is, put it into X (leave the 1.280 and 0 alone so their height doesn’t change and they walk in to the scene smoothly, in a straight line)

Check out:
Spot Directing: https://www.dara-amarie.com/spot-direction
Overlays: https://www.dara-amarie.com/overlays-guide
Layers: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers
And: Tip: Conversion between Main Positions to Spots
As well: HOW TO: Place Characters Behind A Desk 🪑 🎓

1 Like

I don’t know how to write this question, but how do I get my choices to line up next to each other?

I think my code would explain it better than I could:

SILAS (idle_sad_timid_loop)
(what do I say? Jenna is my best friend, and I'm sure she'd get offended if I don't say anything.)

choice “Say nothing and suck it up” {

}

JENNA (idle_armscrossed_angry_loop)
You know, you can't withold your feelings back forever, Silas, one day you're gonna end up exploding over it, emotionally speaking...

SILAS (idle_argument_angry_loop)
I don't get what's your deal? why do you want to know so bad?

JENNA (talk_apathetic)
Youre my best friend Silas, I hate to see how much you changed.

SILAS (talk_argument_angry)
I didn't change. No one else around me has changed. Not you, Not Leo, not me, and definitely not Mike.

choice “say what’s going on at home” {

}

JENNA (idle_armscrossed_shifteyes_loop)
Silas?

SILAS (deepbreath)
My mom has only been home to get some sleep from working graveyard shifts at the hospital. Last I heard from my dad was a letter, saying he worked odd jobs to keep him afloat.

as you can see, I tried to write a choice in my story, but after assuming that both choices would pop up on the same screen, it immediately gave me a different choice, I’m trying to create the choices, but they keep popping up on a different screen/scene?? help?

(What do I say? Jenna is my best friend, and I’m sure she’d get offended if I don’t say anything.)

choice “Say nothing and suck it up” {

JENNA (idle_armscrossed_angry_loop)
You know, you can’t withold your feelings back forever, Silas, one day you’re gonna end up exploding over it, emotionally speaking…

SILAS (idle_argument_angry_loop)
I don’t get what’s your deal? why do you want to know so bad?

JENNA (talk_apathetic)
Youre my best friend Silas, I hate to see how much you changed.

SILAS (talk_argument_angry)
I didn’t change. No one else around me has changed. Not you, Not Leo, not me, and definitely not Mike.

}“say what’s going on at home”{

JENNA (idle_armscrossed_shifteyes_loop)
Silas?

SILAS (deepbreath)
My mom has only been home to get some sleep from working graveyard shifts at the hospital. Last I heard from my dad was a letter, saying he worked odd jobs to keep him afloat

}

You can read more here: HOW TO: Simple Choices :heart:

Amazing! that is great news!! I am just worried that if it shows on my phone name how will I know when it truly does show the same to readers and when it doesn’t?

THANK YOU! i’ve been trying to figure out what was going on haha! :heart:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it will show for your readers. It was probably just a glitch. I’d leave asking the reader every chapter for their name as it can get quite repetitive (you only need the naming input once). If you’re really worried, you can send in a ticket.

1 Like

I did send a ticket and I am aware that readers might get irritated from asking them in every chapter so I will leave it as it is since you as a reader didn’t face the NAME problem… Thanks again for your help :heart::heart:

1 Like

Hey, I have a little problem with directig. I’m just starting my first story and I can’t get my character to turn to the right side. I put @CHARACTER faces right, but it wont work. Oh and how can I make one character do something while the other talks? I don’t really know what to do or who to ask…

you can refer to this example

DANIEL (talk_armscrossed_angry_loop)
Don’t give me that look I have raised you better!

&SON is eyeroll_sarcastic

DANIEL (talk_Angry)
Don’t you roll your eyes on me!!

the & makes the character do the eyeroll while Daniel is speaking.

And for the facing directions try

@DANIEL stands screen center AND DANIEL faces right

put the position and facing in the same line instead of making it 2 separate lines

Hi i’m having a hard time with spot direction and putting the characters on the bed here is the script
@MOM spot 0.812 78 346 AND MOM is lay_asleep_loop
@DAD spot 0.740 64 401 AND DAD is lay_asleep_loop
@pan to zone 2 in 3

1 Like

You’ll have to spot direct them farther up, and if I recall correctly, put them in zone 2

1 Like

okay I will try that right now.

1 Like

I try it shows not on the bed still

1 Like

@MOM spot 0.578 235 404 AND MOM is lay_asleep_loop
@DAD spot 0.596 219 445 AND DAD is lay_asleep_loop

Can you show a pic?

1 Like

1 Like