"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

wait for a while @JemU776 might have a solution for you.

try checking out:

maybe it can help?

1 Like

There is no one… but I usually zoom in on that character only so that it doesn’t seem like the character is sit when they do the animation, so it looks like the character is standing…

1 Like

Thanks for your help! I can wait and in the meantime I can check the guide!

1 Like

You want the overlay to be right in front of the character? Well, you can try:

EXT. CELL with DOOR to 1.715 -11 -69 in zone 1 at layer 5
&zoom on 188 568 to 204% in 0
&ARLUS spot 1.588 158 0 in zone 1 at layer 1 and ARLUS faces right and ARLUS is idle_happy_loop
&CASSIEL spot 1.773 265 -116 in zone 1 at layer # and CASSIEL faces right and CASSIEL is idle_rear
@pause for 1
#scene here

*for CASSIEL, replace the # with a layer number

BTW you can read more about animating & placing overlays here:

2 Likes

I’m speechless! Thank you so much for the help, the code worked now!

1 Like

How do you make two overlays appear at the same time?

1 Like

https://forums.episodeinteractive.com/t/how-can-i-add-an-overlay-mid-scene/279221/6

I previously opened a topic with the same question check it out

I can’t move the overlays:

INT. PHONE MESSENGER - DAY

set format phonetext

HERMIONE
Dab de doo, we're lit like you!

@overlay BLANK TEXT create

@overlay EMOJII create

@overlay BLANK TEXT opacity 1

@overlay EMOJII opacity 1

1 Like

When you preview it try moving it and scaling it and and then copy the code and paste in your script

That’s what I can’t do

1 Like

It sometimes glitches I usually save then close the whole tab and reopen it if it still didn’t work then I use the old school and return to my phone and scale it and move it there then copy the coordinates from my phone to my script

well my overlays are like this:

4723358450843648_EMOJII

1 Like

It’s fine that is the name the numbers that come after is what you need to copy

It didn’t work with the phone preview

hmm… this is weird @JemU776 any ideas ?

@weebmaster move those overlays around in the background for set format cinematic.

Then whatever you get you can write:

INT. PHONE MESSENGER - DAY with BLANK TEXT to % X Y with EMOJII to % X Y

&overlay BLANK TEXT opacity 0 in 0
&overlay EMOJII opacity 0 in 0

set format phonetext

HERMIONE
Dab de doo, we’re lit like you!

@overlay BLANK TEXT opacity 1

@overlay EMOJII opacity 1

#I’m assuming you want them to appear after a little while. If right away, you can remove the 2 opacity commands in the very beginning under the background.

So yeah, that’s my recommendation for you, move the overlays around on that background using set format cinematic and then plug the numbers you get into % X Y (% is the scale, only need to plug once when you add an overlay to the background) X Y is the shift (two numbers you need to plug in, X - left, right, Y - up, down)

Hope this makes sense :blob_sun:

1 Like

Has any had the scene repeating error happen after customization? I tried fixing it but it does not seem to have stopped it.

So I’ve scoured the forums and there is so much info that I cannot simply find what I am looking for. I was wondering if it is possible to carry over reader choices from one story to another (like if you’re creating a series that is split into multiple stories). I’ve seen the information that carries choices from one episode to the next within the same story, but is this possible between stories? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I have no idea, I would try looking on dara’s website Dara’s Website

1 Like

Thank you. I haven’t seen it there, but I may not have looked hard enough. I will be scouring the forums and the internet, but I haven’t necessarily seen it on the app in the stories I’ve played so it might not be a thing for Episode.

1 Like