"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Lmao I didn’t realise y’all were up late as well.

Wolfy, on the current version, there still seems to be a goto that’s teleporting me from Rina’s template back to Lena’s. It might be this last one, did you change it? Or maybe the script didn’t update? :thinking:

1 Like

how can I have a scene playing in the background but also have narrator bubbles at the same time ?

1 Like

INT. BG NAME - DAY
[insert scene here]
NARR (CHAR)
[insert dialog here]

Another example
&CHAR is animation then CHAR is animation then CHAR is animation
NARR (CHAR)
[dialog]

Add more animations for it to fit long dialog. Hope this made sense!

I fixed that last one I missed. Try it again now. I just republished the story again.

1 Like

Yay, it works! I couldn’t get the repeat bug to happen again. :grin::clap:

Was there anything else, or any other episodes where this happens?

1 Like

I think episode 3 had a similar issue though I’m not sure where.

1 Like

Okay thanks! But I also don’t know how to send my script lol. So I’ll just show you how the script goes.
EMMA (enters from side to middle)
EMMA
“Wait!”
Lol I’m probably doing a lot wrong this is my first story and idk how to work this but thanks.

1 Like

I’ll see if I can answer in a bit I have to go do something

I wasn’t able to find any errors in episode 3. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

What drive did this template come from? I need the required overlays.

#copy everything below this line AND MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THE APPROPRIATE BACKGROUNDS AND OVERLAYS FROM MY DRIVE OR THIS WON’T WORK!!!

The two “main characters” are named. I would suggest replacing their names with your MCs. The male MC in this script is also playing a guitar on the stage.

INT. SIXES AND NINES BAR - DAY with SIXES AND NINES BAR to 1.089 -17 -13 in zone 1 at layer 1 with 6AND9 BARSTOOL to 3.488 101 93 in zone 1 at layer 2

readerMessage credits to @amepisode for the background and overlays

readerMessage script template written by @beesepisode

@add Cup Plastic Blue to BACKGROUND33

@add Cup Plastic Blue to BACKGROUND1

@add Cup Plastic Blue to BACKGROUND5

@add Cup Plastic Blue to BACKGROUND6

@add Cup Plastic Blue to BACKGROUND7

@add Cup Plastic Blue to BACKGROUND9

@zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 0

@cut to zone 1

@overlay GUITAR create

@overlay GUITAR opacity 1 in 0

@overlay GUITAR shifts to 161 293 in zone 3

@overlay GUITAR scales to 0.322 0.322

@overlay GUITAR moves to layer 2

@overlay GUITAR rotates -75 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0

@GRACE spot 0.612 67 238 in zone 1 AND GRACE moves to layer 1 AND GRACE is think_rubchin AND GRACE faces right AND BACKGROUND28 spot 0.552 190 287 in zone 1 AND BACKGROUND28 moves to layer 0 AND BACKGROUND28 is listen_nod_happy_loop AND BACKGROUND28 faces left AND BACKGROUND7 faces left AND BACKGROUND7 spot 0.835 210 41 in zone 1 AND BACKGROUND7 moves to layer 3 AND BACKGROUND7 is talk_handraised_happy_loop AND BACKGROUND7 faces right AND BACKGROUND8 spot 0.835 293 28 in zone 1 AND BACKGROUND8 moves to layer 3 AND BACKGROUND8 is listen_nod_neutral_loop AND BACKGROUND8 faces left AND BACKGROUND33 spot 0.438 169 311 in zone 2 AND BACKGROUND33 faces right AND BACKGROUND33 is idle_sit_leanforward_bobhead_loop AND BACKGROUND33 moves to layer 0 AND BACKGROUND1 spot 0.482 67 314 in zone 2 AND BACKGROUND1 faces right AND BACKGROUND1 is idle_sit_anklescrossed_neutral_loop AND BACKGROUND1 moves to layer 1 AND BACKGROUND2 spot 0.44 118 319 in zone 2 AND BACKGROUND2 is idle_sit_leanback_unimpressed_loop AND BACKGROUND2 moves to layer 2 AND BACKGROUND2 faces right AND BACKGROUND3 spot 0.464 212 309 in zone 2 AND BACKGROUND3 faces right AND BACKGROUND3 is idle_sit_leanforward_bobhead_loop AND BACKGROUND3 moves to layer 1 AND BACKGROUND4 spot 0.481 266 311 in zone 2 AND BACKGROUND4 faces right AND BACKGROUND4 is idle_sit_leanforward_bobhead_loop AND BACKGROUND4 moves to layer 1 AND BACKGROUND5 spot 0.636 206 166 in zone 2 AND BACKGROUND5 moves to layer 3 AND BACKGROUND5 is listen_nod_happy_loop AND BACKGROUND5 faces left AND BACKGROUND6 spot 0.572 150 177 in zone 2 AND BACKGROUND6 moves to layer 3 AND BACKGROUND6 is talk_handraised_happy_loop AND BACKGROUND6 faces right AND BACKGROUND9 spot 0.835 307 7 in zone 2 AND BACKGROUND9 moves to layer 3 AND BACKGROUND9 is dance_wavehands_happy_loop AND BACKGROUND9 faces right AND BACKGROUND10 spot 0.771 50 98 in zone 2 AND BACKGROUND10 moves to layer 3 AND BACKGROUND10 is dance_wavehands_happy_loop AND BACKGROUND10 faces right AND KENJI spot 0.478 179 348 in zone 3 AND KENJI moves to layer 1 AND KENJI faces left AND KENJI is play_airguitar_energetic_loop AND BACKGROUND11 spot 0.835 113 -75 in zone 3 AND BACKGROUND11 moves to layer 3 AND BACKGROUND11 is dance_wavehands_happy_loop AND BACKGROUND11 faces right AND BACKGROUND12 spot 0.835 203 -51 in zone 3 AND BACKGROUND12 moves to layer 3 AND BACKGROUND12 is dance_shake_happy_loop AND BACKGROUND13 spot 0.578 282 232 in zone 3 AND BACKGROUND13 moves to layer 3 AND BACKGROUND13 is dance_shake_happy_loop AND BACKGROUND13 faces right AND BACKGROUND14 spot 0.578 154 205 in zone 3 AND BACKGROUND14 moves to layer 2 AND BACKGROUND14 is dance_backup_energetic_loop AND BACKGROUND14 faces left AND BACKGROUND15 spot 0.579 45 245 in zone 3 AND BACKGROUND15 moves to layer 1 AND BACKGROUND15 is dance_grind_neutral_loop AND BACKGROUND15 faces right AND BACKGROUND16 spot 0.579 210 182 in zone 3 AND BACKGROUND16 moves to layer 1 AND BACKGROUND16 is dance_grind_neutral_loop AND BACKGROUND16 faces right

#this would be a good point to add a choice for drinks/etc. Hint hint :wink:

@BACKGROUND28 is return_object_neutral AND GRACE faces right AND GRACE is take_object_neutral

@remove Cup Plastic Blue from BACKGROUND28

@add Cup Plastic Blue to GRACE

@GRACE is sip_cup_neutral_loop

@speechbubble is 160 144 to 90% with tail_top_left

GRACE (talk_agree_happy)

INSERT DIALOGUE HERE

@BACKGROUND28 is listen_nod_happy_loop

@BACKGROUND28 faces right AND BACKGROUND28 is blush_shy

@GRACE is sip_cup_neutral_loop AND GRACE is think_rubchin

@GRACE walks to spot 0.612 133 283 in zone 1 AND GRACE is transition_stand_to_squat_neutral THEN GRACE is idle_sit_neutral_loop_rear

@pan to zone 2 in 1

@pause for a beat

#if you want to put dialogue in while the screen is in zone 2, do so here

@pan to zone 3 in 1

@pause for a beat

#if you want to put dialogue in while the screen is in zone 3, do so here

It says it right here. Maybe, search this person up on Instagram and find the link in their bio.

@weebmaster The Sixes and Nines background is mine, but not the script template. Link to my drive on my profile if you need corresponding overlays for the BG, credit of course required as this template says :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for checking!

1 Like

@WolfGamerGirl37 and @Scarlet_Sapphire That makes me extremely happy to hear, we did it guys :heart_eyes: :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m happy we figured out what was wrong in the end.

2 Likes

I need help with this overlay its not showing up when it does it disappear is their a timed limited on overlays how can i let it show more
@SAMANTHA spot 0.758 185 249 AND SAMANTHA is hug_rear
@overlay 6160912332750848_HUG shifts to 155 196 in zone 2
@overlay 6160912332750848_HUG scales to 0.334 0.334
@NICK is idle_awkward
Also the web previous sucks I try to let my characters walk and they slide to spot not actually walking i did everything so its no mistakes on my part and also the characters are always idle even though i put @CHARACTER starts idle_sad or @CHARACTER is happy
I can only check on my phone because the web previous goes slow and it doesn’t not work at all

can someone help me out here? I’m trying to figure out how to place characters in an extremely specific place that isn’t the defaults such as Back left back right etc. can someone explain how to do it?

when I tried asking on another thread, they mentioned something about

@spot x y z what does the x y z mean exactly?

I’m sorry if I asked this before

my second question:

How do I add props to characters?

my third question:

How do I not get sound to loop?

when I add phone beeps to a cell phone it loops rapidly until the next scene, idk what I’m doing wrong

this is the code:

@SILAS starts text_phone_neutral_loop

@pause for a beat

music bloop

@SILAS is talk_agree_happy

music off
@transition fade out white in 1

INT. CELLPHONE - DAY

1 Like

x y z means…oki I can’t explain it, here is an example
@ELIA is spot 0.820 454 339 AND JAXSON is spot 1.005 560 339

@add Coffee Cup to JAXSON

and to remove:
@remove Coffee Cup from JAXSON

Sound and Music Guide Link

Huge thank you! I was struggling with that but sweet! I appreciate it!

1 Like

:thinking: There’s no time limit on overlays, what do you mean it disappears? About how long does it stay before it disappears? If it stays for less than 1 second, that’s probably because the position moves it offscreen. Could you show us the whole code in the area, maybe 5-10 lines before and after?

Yeah, the web previewer is 10x heavier than anyone would expect lmao. :disappointed: But previewing it on your phone works. :+1:

If you have a character walking and doing an animation that doesn’t walk, they’ll slide.

@STELLA enters from left to screen right AND STELLA is idle_sad
^ She’ll slide while frowning. :frowning_face:

To add an animation to walking, I prefer “does it while.”
@STELLA enters from left to screen right AND STELLA does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop
^ Now she’s running while she moves, and stops when she gets there. :+1:

If you’d rather have her to the animation AFTER she stops walking, it’d be:
@STELLA enters from left to screen right THEN STELLA is idle_sad
^ She walks with a neutral expression, and the moment she stops, she does the sad expression.

Also, what do you mean by your characters being idle? They’ll return to idle if they walk somewhere, for example:

@STELLA walks from screen left to screen right AND STELLA does it while run_cry_embarrassed_loop
^ After she gets to screen right, she’ll return to idle again. If you want her to do something immediately when she arrives, you’d put:
@STELLA walks from screen left to screen right AND STELLA does it while run_cry_embarrassed_loop THEN STELLA is cry_sob_sad_loop

If any of this doesn’t address your issues, could you post the part of the code that’s giving the problem, and maybe a screenshot from your phone of what happens? Then I/we can have a look. :+1:

1 Like