"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Hi. I´m currently writing my first story on Episode, so i´m kind of a newbie at this, which is why i need some help with some basic things.

1. How do i have characters already in a scene doing somthing, and have and expression on their face without having them enter and THEN do it?

2. My character is supposed to scream a couple words, on word at the time, but when i tried this i just get the “Error”, “you can´t have one character immidialty following each other” and i don´t understand… i´ve read so many episodes where characters do stuff at the same time, and/or right after each other, so i don´t understand what i´m doing wrong.

3. How do you make the “camera shake”?

Please help! Thanks. Xx Chantelle

More info on this thread.

Can use spot direction (read through guide):

https://www.instagram.com/p/B522WMmFzVN/?igshid=t8kr2kxa5avv

A word of advice:

Camera shake tutorial (we have one on epyxmagic as well): HOW TO: Make the Camera Shake

Can check out: HOW TO: Deal with the Overlay Brightness Issue :rose:

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like

hey, im sure there is an easier way to have a running character on a looping background other than spot directing them to new positions and having the camera follow them, but I don’t know how?

Hey,do not worry, it’s nothing :blush:

You say like, having the character at one spot and animate him /her to move?

Can tappable choices be timed…?

You know the narrator box where there text in but not connected to a charater? I’ve seen on multiple episode stories the narrator box but with the name of the charater on the upper left corner like with a charater talking. how can I do that?

1 Like

Yes, but the background doesnt loop on its own. Is this just a problem with episode’s backgrounds or is there something else I need to do?

Also, is it possible to change the display name of a character within the story? I want the names of specific characters to change multiple times but I’m not sure if that’s possible?

1 Like

The code for a blank narrator box is just:

NARRATOR
Insert text here.

The code for a narrator box with a character’s name is:

NARRATOR (CHARACTER)
Insert text here.

Hope this helps! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You have to create duplicate characters with different names :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What background are you using? Are you sure you’re using the looping version of the background? All looping backgrounds also have a non looping version of the background.

I just typed up some code super quick (and I’ve never coded a running on a looping background scene before), and I had no trouble with it at all.

Here’s what I did (just some super quick coding I did for you, not sure what you’re looking for in the scene):

EXT. GREEK GAMES TRACK LOOPING - DAY
@CHARACTER stands screen center in zone 2
@CHARACTER starts run_athletic_neutral_loop
@pan to zone 2 in 0

Again, I’m not sure exactly you want to happen in the scene, but I think this should answer your question :heart_eyes::blush:

The looping backgrounds do automatically loop on their own. So I’m thinking you may have the non looping version in your script.

@MissHaze I do have the looping version, its EXT. FOREST LOOPING - DAY, but if they loop on their own this one is not doing it.

1 Like

Yes! Thank you very much! :heart:

1 Like

Okay, yes, I see what you mean. I just swapped out the track background for the one you’re using and it’s not looping. I searched “looping backgrounds not working” and found a thread in which a forum member asks about a different background and someone replies that they have also noticed that it is no longer looping. So it seems that this background must be broken… :cry: …which is super unfortunate :pleading_face::unamused: there is a thread that mentions turning the backgrounds into overlays and looping them yourself… that I’ve never done tho…

1 Like

You’re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

alright, thank you for your help!

1 Like

You’re welcome!