"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Sure!

Thank you! :smile:

1 Like

How can you choose if you want your character to look rear left or right?

Character facing rear left:

Command:

@CHARACTER faces right AND CHARACTER is idle_rear

Character facing rear right:

Command:

@CHARACTER faces left AND CHARACTER is idle_rear

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Does the Demi Lovato hack work with Spotlight stories?

what if you can’t access the app from the old device. thanks anyway

Do you not remember Your longgin information ?

Yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Omg thank you so much, I really needed this

Hey, I’m a new author and it’s my first experience with Episode, I read a lot these forums, they are very helpful for new folks, so I have a lot of questions about the Previewer(web and app)
1.Sounds.
I saw that when you preview your story on the web previewer often sounds don’t line up exactly with where you put them in the script.Then I preview the second time and it’s correct,they line up exactly where they should.My question is : is this something normal,that the web previewer usually does?When I preview in the app Previewer the sounds are fine.
2.Outfits and Hair change.
Again sometimes the web Previewer does some glitches.
I insert the command @CHARACTER changes into OUTFIT_name and I change hair with @CHARACTER changes hair into Hairstyle and everything is ok then when I go to another scene and I happen to change their hair and outfits again and I preview that too, to see how the scene goes,the web preview glitches, for example line 200 in the script where previously I changed the outfits and hair and after that scene ends in the next scene I change again the outfits and hair let’s say at line 400 in the script for example,the web previewer will show that scene at line 200 with the outfits and hair that I have at line 400.It doesn’t do that always though,only sometimes.
In the app Preview does the same if you use the Scenes button only.If I preview scene after scene it will show the outfits correctly.
So that’s where my confusion comes in,bc I’m still new and never published anything.
My question is to be safe in this case shall I put the commands for the outfits and hair I want in each scene?
Sometimes I want the characters to remain in the same outfits for the next scene, I thought that wasn’t necessary to write the code again, but man the previewer really confused me with all those glitches,maybe I’m doing something wrong.I would hate it when I publish the episodes things to be messed up lol.

Welcome to Episode @AnneMariie :slight_smile:

Always test your story on the app, it’s most accurate than Web Preview. It’s very helpful but sometimes its glitches. If sounds is alright on the app leave it.
And you don’t have to change your character into different outfit or hair, it will stay the same until you decide to change it. If you’re jumping from scene to scene that’s why it’s not working proper. Reset your story progress and start from the beginning if you want to see how everything works just fine, but I can assure it will anyway :grin:

Good luck with writing xxx if you have more questions just ask :blush:

That’s what I’m doing always,reset progress, sometimes I exit the app and restart it again to make sure everything runs smooth,but mainly when I write the Web Preview is very helpful to give me an idea about how the scene runs.
Thank you thank you thank you for replying so fast.:heart::heart::heart:
I thought the same thing that things don’t run properly bc sometimes I’m lazy and impatient and want to see a specific scene not all of them again and again lol, but I wasn’t entirely sure so that’s why I figured I should ask people that have experience.
Thanks again.:pray:t2: This was really helpful.

No problem! :slight_smile:
I’m impatient too :grin:Just test your scenes when you finish episode, it’s easier when you don’t have to reply numerous times just to see if she changed her outfit or not. But once you have the command she will! :blush:

How do you let a character stand in a background without them popping up in the screen?

Use & instead of @ and place characters before cut or pan to zone

So I’m having a problem in a scene where my character Heavenly is supposed to be boxing. she punches and Ace dodges and it works.

HEAVENLY (talk_idle_punch)
Like this?

ACE (talk_happy_smile)
Yea, now punch

@HEAVENLY starts punch_jab

@ACE starts dodge_rear

@pause for a beat

@pause for a beat

ACE (talk_happy_smile)
Good now as you punch you say everything that you didn't get to say to your mom.

This is stupid.

ACE (talk_handsonhips)
You won't know unless you try.

Fine.

But after that Ace is dodging but Heavenly is no longer punching. Also I want to make it look like Ace hand is resting on Heavenly’s waist as he tries to calm her down but the playful_kiss isn’t working. Can someone please help?

Why did you have to leave me?

@ACE starts dodge_rear

I was willing to work on us.

@ACE starts dodge_rear

I was willing to forgive.

@ACE starts dodge_rear

Why did it take you so long to come back?

@ACE starts dodge_rear

Didn't I matter at all?

@ACE starts dodge_rear

Don't I count for something?

@ACE starts dodge_rear

Did you not think of me when you looked in the mirror?

@ACE starts dodge_rear

Why do I have be the one that no one wants?

@ACE starts dodge_rear

Why?

@ACE starts dodge_rear

Why?

@ACE starts dodge_rear

Why?