"Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Ok. I’ll let you know if it works

It’s working on the app but my background isn’t showing and I keep getting a weird message whenever I try to update my script. 44%20PM

thanks so much! ill definitely try that.

whats the limelight animation of someone shouting? I can’t find one! :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed:

callout_neutral ? :thinking:

1 Like

what is the difference in the directing command syntax? it shows 3 different syntax versions??? I’m so close to going back to mobile lol these directing commands are sooo confusing…

When is an episode too long? One of my episodes has hit 1300 lines so far.

You mean from guides?

It depends. My 1300 lines episodes are short because I use a lot of advanced directing but I would go with it anyway, episode just need to finish when it needs to finish :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you, I’m trying to finish a group of flashbacks and it would just feel weird to stop in the middle.

Oh! If you need more then write more! No one will complain :joy:

Lol yeah I will, I figured out an easier way of doing choices. I used a similar label to the dressinggame but changed it to choicegame instead. It works pretty well. I had a hard time figuring out the complex choices for weeks now.

You can always ask me if you have a problem with something! :relaxed: but well done on figuring out yourself! :smiley:

Thank you!

1 Like

I need help. I am using INT. HOSPITAL HALL - DAY and it is only showing the right side which is fine. I want one of my characters (x) to walk and have the background move to the middle (instead of the right) and have character (y) standing with hands on hips motion so that character x and character y meet in the middle… but this is a very advanced thing and I am only just starting out. There seems to be no tutorials on how to move the background like this so maybe it isn’t possible?

Edit: I am using INK Style

The background what you’re using has 4 zones

Commands for moving to the different parts of backgrounds:
@cut to zone #
Example:
@cut to zone 3
(scene will cut to zone 3)
@pan to zone #
Example:
@pan to the zone 2
(camera will slowly move to zone 2)

You can also follow character to the zone and screen position
@follow CHARACTER to screen position in zone #

Example:
@follow CHARACTER to screen right in zone 3

So you want your character X enter and met character Y in the middle of the background. (You have to place your character Y before the character X enter)
It would look like this:
(just an example)

INT. HOSPITAL HALL - DAY
@CHARACTER Y stands screen right in zone 2 AND CHARACTER Y faces left AND CHARACTER Y is shiftweight
@follow CHARACTER X to screen right in zone 2

How do you change the size of a character and put them at like back far left spot directing?

Here’s a guide on Spot Directing:

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate your help… You’re very knowledgeable on this (I’m jealous lol).

I have ran into an error though.

@Izzie stands screen right in zone 2 AND Izzie faces left AND Izzie is shiftweight
@follow DR DAVIDSON to screen right in zone 2

So. Dr Davidson is already in the scene. I am guessing he is in zone 1, as I didn’t choose a zone.
My error message is this:
WARNING:
@Izzie stands screen right in zone 2 AND Izzie faces left AND Izzie is shiftweight” is not a valid command.

Am I missing @ symbols? Do I need to do something prior to make the script understand this command?
Previous script was a choice in which my character (Dr Thompson) exited the scene in both choices, it was a matter of if he was happy or not… So maybe the script isn’t working because I just had a choice? Do I need to make Dr Davidson do something before he moves?

@lukeey,

In your script, do you have lizzie in all caps. If not, change it to all caps as character names when used for a command must be in all caps.

Do you have DR DAVIDSON starting at one spot and walking to another? I see that you are following him to a spot, but I can’t see what else is going on. To follow him to a spot, he will need to be walking.

If none of this was the problem, would you mind posting the section of your script that is giving the error?