Stupid things we did as kids

When we were younger, we did some pretty dumb things.
I tried to cook my finger.
What did you guys do?

4 Likes

Omg :rofl:
As a kid, I always liked having my nails painted because of my big sister, she always had long cute nails, my nails were short, so I had the bright idea to take a sharpener and sharpen my nails, because my kid brain thought, if it sharpens pencils, why wouldn’t it sharpen my nail and make it longer! Anyways, I sharpened it and as you can imagine it didn’t go well, it was a painful bloody mess, and I learned my lesson! :rofl:

9 Likes

Oh man, I did some pretty stupid things :sob: I placed my elbow on the oven when it was burning hot and yeah, as you can imagine, I got burned. To be fair, no one was near the oven. But still, I don’t know why I thought it was a good idea to do that :sweat_smile: In general, you should NEVER put your elbow onto a oven lol
I also went to someone else’s (a stranger’s) house when I was younger, without notifying anyone. This is really dangerous though. Thank goodness nothing ever happened but man, that was very stupid of me!!!

Yikes, that sounds insane :scream:

2 Likes

How exactly did you try to cook your finger? :sob:

3 Likes

omg :laughing: when I saw younger I saw my sister cut her finger with some scissors so I cut my finger it was right across my index finger so it was bruised for weeks and everyone kept asking what happened so I told them I cut my finger and I remember I thought I was sooo cool :see_no_evil: :joy:

2 Likes

Jumped up and down on a thick glass table after it seemed to be strong enough to hold me. It didn’t go well, as you can imagine but I was lucky that I never got hurt!

2 Likes

Oof.

1 Like

on a stoveee, i let it sit there and burn

Dang…

1 Like

Oop

1 Like

I stupidly thought that I could pick up my heater while it was on, I fell onto it and burned my shoulder.

1 Like

I busted my eyebrow while running into my bed square side
Screenshot 2024-04-20 12.21.16 AM

so now there’s a part on my eyebrow that won’t grow any hair

I chipped a kid’s tooth once because I was being petty and stupid in class. I think that’s the best I got off the top of my head- though I’m sure my parents have 100 horror stories of me getting hurt from being stupid.

1 Like

I was one of “the big kids” at a summer program run through a school my grandmother worked in and one day we went to a public pool. Apparently, they had some sort of rule about needing a specific amount of people to go to the deep end or something because I got roped in by some of the littler kids asking me. Fully knowing I can’t swim, I started going over to the deeper side. I’m like, five feet max, so pretty soon I can’t actually get to the deep end. Now, normally, you might call it quits at the point where you’re tiptoeing across the bottom of the pool. But I’m not a quitter, so I had the bright idea of just straight up jumping further into the deeper side. I mean, sure, I might be struggling now but it will definitely be easier once I take off the training wheels — aka cut out my ability to breathe — I’ll definitely just start swimming then. Literally have no clue what my thoughts process was.

Legit no one noticed — not the adults chaperoning us or the two ladies that were just living their lives and talking right in front of me as I potentially drown — so I managed to get back on the kiddie side and proceeded to sit down near one of the corners partially traumatized for the rest of the time we were there.

2 Likes

Oh wow…TvT

oof

Dang. Kids really had nun better to do but do stupid things

1 Like

Okay so my whole family was outside and like my brother was behind the glass shed thing and he asked me to pass the water gun and guess what i did i threw at him you can imagine how that went. :grimacing:

1 Like

Ouch, painful lesson learned!

2 Likes

Welcome my friend!! Lessons are sometimes painful lmao