Subplots that turn you off

Who can tell me the subplots in both episode, tv and books that have or turn them off and make them unreadable… mine are
PREGNANCY SUBPLOTS FROM OUT OF THE BLUE|
THINGS THAT QUEERBATE and use LGBTQIAPK+ things to gain views and then kill those characters off shortly after…|
THE MEAN GIRLS GET UNNECESSARY REDEMPTION cough cough CINDERELLA 3|
B*ITCH IS TELLING THE BAD BOY TO BACK OF AND 3 SECONDS LATER, THEY’RE SMEARING SALIVA ALL OVER THEIR FACES|

3 Likes

the subplot where the token gay best friend gets aggressively discriminated against. You’d be surprised how many times ppl have done this. STOP USING LGBT ISSUES AS A BACKDROP!!! Especially when the main character is a cishet, then they just ignore the whole issue.

4 Likes

idk if this applies to a lot of episodes but I see it everywhere.
It’s when the character gets into some sort of accident and loses their memory like immediately after they get together like it is so annoying and pointless.

2 Likes

Alright, I agree with your whole list, but ESPECIALLY that last one.
Personally, I get annoyed when the genre is not romance (it’s mystery, for example) however the romantic subplot seems to nearly overtake the actual plot. Like, come on, this isn’t what I came for…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.