Supply (substitute) teachers and your experiences with them

I’ve been blanking out again in the corner of a room thinking about the supply(substitute)teachers that I will NEVER FORGET!

they will hang onto my mind forever…

So I wanna know , what kind of weird and “wonderful” substitute teachers have you had???

@Kaju

@sofia2

@phlegmatic

@Spes

@NelidaU

@loveyourself

(I could’ve tagged more ppl, but I’m too lazy :no_mouth:)

4 Likes

none. i had some very bad teachers and some amazing. but i do not remember any substitute

2 Likes

I guess your school was very organised with teaching staff …

Or threatened them to cut of their salary if they don’t come to work :joy: yeah that makes more sense :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I… Never had substitute teacher… :sob:

3 Likes

AWWW!! You’re missing out on life . IM KIDDING YOU HAVE THE HEART BUTTON!

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved::sob:

2 Likes

Right now , we have an issue with the science teacher . Our original one only taught us for like 2 lessons then we never saw him again (a week later we heard that HE LEFT US!!) . So we ended up having a load of substitute teachers , we’re on our 6th one atm .
The first one was just there for one lesson

The second one did nothing but talk

The third one was alright

The fourth one was actually no.3’s brother! Apparently the third one got fired and me and my friend also saw no.4 on the way to city centre (we ran for our lives)

The fifth one was a Scottish lady , nothing special

And now the one we are currently with has been hugely insulted by one of my classmates. The teacher’s name was Mr.Elcock , and one day a student got really pissed of at getting told so called him dickhead . Later on, he told the teacher to suck his mom :joy::joy::joy::joy: now if only I had a packet of skittles,would’ve been the best day ever !!!

2 Likes

I had one that had a karoke session with us for the whole 2 hours, he didn’t get caught lol.
there was another that was orignally a PE teacher so he decieded to do a workout with everyone in ART.
:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh wow , I had a substitute a week ago who was head of the mindful breathing program. So in design and technology we had to breaaaaaathe to calm ourselves down :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

He said it out loud too, I’m SUPRISED the teachers next door Didnt come and drag him all the way to separated learning . He did get excluded for a day though .

2 Likes

haha this reminds me of a teacher that would play these supposidly brain stimulating waves they were meant to be helpful but they weren’t gave us a head ache :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I had a chair threw at our class nearly hit me

2 Likes

A few years ago, we had this one substitute teacher for geography and he was quite young (somewhere between 24-27). Mostly, young teachers are known for being “chill”, however, he wasn’t. He was SUPER strict. We couldn’t talk too loudly, we couldn’t laugh and one time, one of our classmates had to turn her desk around because she was talking too loudly. He also hit one of my friends with a book because she wasn’t paying attention (the substitute jokingly said: “I get to hit you with my book if you disrupt me one more time,” but she (and everyone else) didn’t expect him to actually hit her with his book). He was also the lead singer of a garage band

2 Likes

Gtg do something in life might be back tomorrow!

2 Likes

Don’t worry, we were just unlucky to have him as substitute :joy: . I’ve had plenty of substitute teachers who were normal.

2 Likes

Mr. Gerig! He was from Thailand! And he was 6’6! HE WAS TALL AND AWESOME!

2 Likes

When I was in Pre-K, I used to put glue on my hands and leave it there. I got in trouble for being wasteful, but I kept doing it.

The only teacher that could convince me to stop doing it was a substitute that was explaining to little 5-yr old me that wasting the glue like that wasn’t cute or clever or fun, but just kinda mean because I was taking away from other kids being able to use it for art projects. LOL

5 Likes

Well, you could have either the three: the one that doesn’t care, the one that tries but is overpowered by the class and the annoying one. Honestly, they’re so fun because you get to move seating plans and just talk really.

3 Likes

Putting glue on your hands just to remove it later on when it has dried, is the most satisfying feeling :relieved:

4 Likes

I remember in primary my classmates used to abuse the privelige of not having our usual teacher to the moon and back

3 Likes