Supporting the author

what does it mean when they give you gem choices as an option to support the author? do they get money for it?

I think it boosts their rankings in whatever genre they published in😁

Apart from what @k6tty said, gems also help authors unlock payment.

1 Like

@Juliett after earning 100k gems or getting millions of readers. It’s not easy to get payment. But both (@k6tty and @Juliett) are right. If you choose to support the author, the author get the amount of gems on their writer-account/writersportal if they have more the 100k gems in total or millions of readers. The author get higher in ranks (that can also happens when you have lesser gems, and ‘only’ 1k or more reads) and got some payment by episode (The Episode Team will email you if that should happen). It’s not that easy as it looks like.
Example: I had 2 stories on the shelf few months ago, doesn’t mean I get paid for my writing.

Love A-W

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Whenever your readers support you with gems, it means they help your story to boost its rank and it appears on trending …and perhaps, chances are when maaaany maany gems are spent, Episode will probably review your story and feature it on shelves :blush:

1 Like