Talking about sex in stories - within guidelines

So I am reading up and down the guidelines but I am still not sure about this one - so I would like your opinion

My MC had for the first-time orgasm (not on screen) and is after it talking about it with her friends.

I understand the guidelines (No explicit sexual details of what is happening, has happened, or will happen off-screen) so that I can’t describe what exactly they ware doing where he was touching her and so - which is anyway not my intention.

But can I write in general that he made her come several times or is this seen also as too explicit?

5 Likes

well since I just got a warning for tehese two sentence. and told I had to remove them, I(note there was no shows details, it was a charatere who told about something traumatic there happen in the past)

It makes people bleed out from their eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.

I still remember the sound of him choking on his blood, and the feeling of the blood dripping on me.

I think its a no,

1 Like

hmmm… your sentences seemd to me way more explicit because it describes in detail what was happening - but to be honest I would not see theese sentences as excesive…so it surprised me that you got warning…damn…

I will maybe write a ticket and ask episode directly - since I don’t want my story to be put down because of it.

3 Likes

Yeah I was surprised too espically since its been in for mounths and been review before.

but good idea with the ticket

1 Like

I think they will allow it as long as it’s not too detailed, if it’s vague but the readers will still understand what you mean, you’ll be good!! :heartpulse: :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I plan it cca like this:

CJ
So did he made you come or not?
KATE
Yes…

MELL
But that’s amazing!
MELL
Finally you have for once had the right sex experience!

KATE
Actually it was more than once…

MELL
What? Now I am officially jealous!

1 Like

If you censor the word sex, i think you’ll be good!

Hmm - and it was in the episodes thet went through the review?
Thats strange … well it’s probably still subjective every reviewer might feel the border differently.

but word sex is not profanity -I thought it doesn’t need to be therefore censored… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

God if they would put clear examples in the guidelines so it would be clear where is the border, it would be so much easier. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Tbh i don’t even know, with the new guidelines it’s like really confusing. :sob:

1 Like

I think just profanity must be censored… but lol who can say it for 100% sure, right?

1 Like

I just looked up the new guidelines and they didn’t say anything about censoring the word sex.

Or just say, “we made love”, or “did you guys make love?”, “yes, it was very nice.”

2 Likes

The point is realy the orgasm unfortunately - Its for bit long to explain it but its from the context of the story it is necessary that it is obviouse they talk about it and not just making love in general.

Because making love doesn’t necessarily mean she experienced it.

I was thinking about maybe soften it to use some other word for it bit of a joke (since their friends are a pretty funny duo).

CJ
So did he made you “blossom” or not?
KATE
Yes…

MELL
But that’s amazing!
MELL
Finally, you have for once had the right blossoming experience!

KATE
Actually, it was more than once…

MELL
What? Now I am officially jealous!

1 Like

That sounds good.

1 Like

Just have in mind that episode has an age limit of 12. As long as you do that, I think you will be fine. :relaxed:

1 Like

It’s 13+ :wink: but I get what you mean - believe me, I keep this in mind - it is just that in the USA where the app is home (I think) are some things seen as more bad than where I come from and therefore I am sometimes not sure about the border which will be acceptable for the episode.

1 Like

Where I am from it’s 12. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have seen a story that is in trending that talked about that. I don’t know if that scene is still in there since I am not sure if it was in trending before I read it.

1 Like

I decided to go for the soften “blossoming” version - since I am able to adapt it to the personalities of the characres. Then it should be pretty harmless I hope. :smiley:

2 Likes