Talking about Silencing within the community

Well I was referring somewhat to episode shadow being suspended but this applies to anyone who has been attacked

4 Likes

Yeah, her suspension was stupid. :unamused: But of course these moderators would do anything to get her off of here. :face_with_monocle: Personal hate against a teen. How desperate is that?

6 Likes

Well, all they do care about is money. They wouldn’t care about their forums as much.

4 Likes

People are giving out their thoughtful and eloquent opinions on the constant silencing we face here on the forums. This is a much needed conversation, especially because when it’s normally attempted, we get silenced.

From users abusing flags and mods being selective of who to flag - there is a major problem here that needs to be addressed.

I have personally tried submitting tickets about this and to be honest? I haven’t received any response since like October.

The mods seem to put restrictions on the same people, over and over again. At this point, it is policing - which is also very harmful and unprofessional on their behalf.

I’m seeing some off-topic comments here that have yet to be flagged, but if these comments were from the selected few of us who are constantly targeted, then they would’ve been blurred a long time ago.

I haven’t been active on the forums much and it’s because I submitted a ticket about this problem in September, specifically about the mods constantly silencing. In fact, the head mod, Arlene, responded to me one time but there’s obviously no progress. In terms of that ticket, I haven’t heard a peep out of Episode since early October.

Edited: to correct the dates of the submission.

Tone policing, silencing, and restrictions are a problem, and its time Episode gets held accountable.

10 Likes

Thank you! :ear:t5:

3 Likes

This thread got closed and people got flagged when they started to point out they were abusing the flag system and unfairly suspending people when there are racist and trolls freely on here suffering no punishment.

10 Likes

Omg thanks for agreeing atleast I think you are. I’m so freaking pissed right now I’m done, just done

4 Likes

You didn’t deserve to be flagged smh.

4 Likes

And @EpisodeShadow wanted to say thank you for pointing it out. She’s on hold right now so.

4 Likes

Person: says something offensive
Mods: does nothing
Other Person: defends theirself
Mods: flags, silences, and/or suspends that person

10 Likes

I’ve seen this 39582390582 times lmao it’s getting old now. I think they are going to just suspend ppl in 2019

4 Likes

They should just recreate a new website and let the trolls run wild.

4 Likes

Or actually punish them instead of ppl who defend themselves. Trolls have “opinions” but ppl who defend themselves are “spreading negativity”

5 Likes

I see both sides of the argument though…

1 Like

I’m ok with people sharing all kinds of opinions but stuff like “Do you agree with LGBT?” is NOT an opinion. Down right disrespect and the fact that one of the mods said this was an opinion and we should be respectful to the OP. Like I said, Episode loves benefitting off of minorites but doesn’t even respect them.

5 Likes

It’s a simple question that’s meant to cause debates, heated debates.

3 Likes

Friendly reminder-

Hate Speech ≠ Something you read that hurts your feelings

6 Likes

Damn, I have never seen a strawman like this. I’m pretty sure that was not the author’s intention.

You do realize that some women in real life are strippers, right? And some of them even consider that to be, guess what, “empowering”, so I really have no clue where you were going with that.

6 Likes

I know some women strip to empower women, but not in all stories.

And some women are strippers because the are out of options.

2 Likes