Talking about Silencing within the community

I’ve seen this 39582390582 times lmao it’s getting old now. I think they are going to just suspend ppl in 2019

4 Likes

They should just recreate a new website and let the trolls run wild.

4 Likes

Or actually punish them instead of ppl who defend themselves. Trolls have “opinions” but ppl who defend themselves are “spreading negativity”

5 Likes

I see both sides of the argument though…

1 Like

I’m ok with people sharing all kinds of opinions but stuff like “Do you agree with LGBT?” is NOT an opinion. Down right disrespect and the fact that one of the mods said this was an opinion and we should be respectful to the OP. Like I said, Episode loves benefitting off of minorites but doesn’t even respect them.

5 Likes

It’s a simple question that’s meant to cause debates, heated debates.

3 Likes

Friendly reminder-

Hate Speech ≠ Something you read that hurts your feelings

6 Likes

Damn, I have never seen a strawman like this. I’m pretty sure that was not the author’s intention.

You do realize that some women in real life are strippers, right? And some of them even consider that to be, guess what, “empowering”, so I really have no clue where you were going with that.

6 Likes

I know some women strip to empower women, but not in all stories.

And some women are strippers because the are out of options.

2 Likes

I might be wrong since I only read it once, but in the story Stripped, MC is sexually abused by her mother’s partner. Things like that can lead to going into sex work later in life.

3 Likes

Sad, but true. :pensive:

1 Like

I’m not saying it’s right, I’m just saying it happens.

2 Likes

I was flagged a while back for a bump, yeah that’s right a bump on my own flipping post :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

:pensive:

3 Likes

Well I’m just going to say this. Look yeah I don’t agree with what they’re doing sometimes BUT you have to realize something. Read the quote below :

On whether the NFL’s new rule against player protests violates their free speech

Most people don’t know and are somewhat disappointed to find out the first amendment — with its free speech guarantee — only applies to the government. Any private-sector entity, including such a powerful one as the NFL, is not constrained by constitutional free speech guarantees. That said, one can make an argument that they should voluntarily choose to protect such a quintessential patriotic value as freedom of speech.

Also…if you read the terms of service…

Notwithstanding the foregoing, Episode Interactive reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, review, monitor, refuse, remove from the Service, censor, edit, alter, delete, disable access to or otherwise make unavailable any User Content (including without limitation Your Content) without notice for any reason, including without limitation the violation of these Terms of Service, or for no reason, at any time.

Agreement to Terms of Service
1. Your Agreement to these Terms of Service

Please carefully read these Terms of Service. By registering for an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that (1) you are age 13 or older (16 or older in the EU/EEA), (2) you understand and agree to these Terms of Service, and (3) if you are between the ages of 13 and 18 (between 16 and 18 in the EU/EEA), your legal guardian has reviewed and agrees to these Terms of Service.

BY INSTALLING, USING OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL, USE OR OTHERWISE ACCESS THE SERVICE. USE OF THE SERVICE IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.

So when you agree to the terms of service you agree that they have the right to do that. That’s pretty much all I’m going to say. Look yeah I get its unfair but at the end of the day, it’s a business, I’m not defending them either. I’m just pointing out that the freedom of speech is a guarantee from the government, not any private company or business.

If you want to read the article I got the quote from here’s the link: Free Speech vs Hate Speech: NPR interview
If you want to read the Terms of Service, you can also scroll down and find it.

5 Likes

I said it don’t @ me.
Episode is outrageous. And stupid. And I’m getting ready to throw the whole app away.
Silence me if you want. But guess what? Bitch you just proving my point. Episode has many glitches (fake) glitches as in, stealing stories, sexualizing lots of things (including letting noob loob & others stay on the app before banning), oh and the best part, not appreciating cultures or respecting them. And about the silencing, well damn I’m moving to choices hoe. Don’t try me. The thing is, if every single person in this community left, and Episode no longer profits, what would they do? Exactly. If episode no longer profits, there’s no app. Episode probably want to keep its reputation if I’m correct. It would change. If it doesn’t? Move to a better community. Let me restate that for episode to get it into their thin skull.

What would happen if every single community member leaves?

3 Likes

I’m bumping this thread because the OP can’t do it themselves… Why? Oh. Unfairly suspended, of course.

Also, how some people on topic got their comments flagged, yet someone asking about a story they cant find in which someone gets raped by their father doesn’t(?) completely baffles me. How sad that within this thread there is a clear example of how the flagging system is misused.

11 Likes

Unique got banned for a joke. A literal joke D:

Imagine a platform where you can attack people personally, call them insults and get banned for 4 days. Then when you’re unbanned, you do the same thing. This person can roam around as they want, but Unique gets banned for adding

Love,

Episode Team

to her posts. D;

11 Likes

Oh, the horror! How dare she not be racist or homophobic and instead make a parody contest :expressionless:

12 Likes