Talking about Silencing within the community

I’m not quite sure why I got suspended because I wasn’t even online for hours when they suspended me, but I am aware of the fact that talking about how Episode should have called the “flannels” TARTAN was flagged as off-topic and INAPPROPRIATE in a DISCUSSION ABOUT THE FLANNELS.

TALKING ABOUT THE TARTAN IN A DISCUSSION ABOUT THE TARTAN IS ON TOPIC. There is also nothing inappropriate about what I said and nothing rude about how I said it.

When I commented about my displeasure regarding the name on the thread for the update, I was silenced and told that it was off-topic. So, I moved it to a discussion about the “flannels”. Again, discussing the name of the “flannels” in A TOPIC DEDICATED TO THEM is NOT off-topic or inappropriate

7 Likes

From now on, I might even add a list of reasons why each of my posts doesn’t break the TOS every time I write on here. Arming myself against unfair silencing. Then, if they’re flagged, I can keep adding screenshots to that little ticket that’s building in my favour.

7 Likes

People are already exposing Episode forums and hate in their Insta stories.

3 Likes

Like, how they notice the hate but the moderators don’t and that’s their job?

3 Likes

here we go again…community flags you. because they disagree with you. episode admins just follow guidelines and check threads/replies that were flagged.

3 Likes

:face_with_monocle:…Do ya’ll hear sum? :woman_shrugging:t5:

6 Likes

I feel very upset about the way the forums are heading in terms of silencing right now.

It cuts so much deeper than who is being targetted. I’m not even going to go into the sticky topic of the correlations among the people who have been UNFAIRLY silenced.

It’s about WHAT is being silenced. It’s about the fact that anyone who disagrees with Episode is being silenced.

7 Likes

This is off topic as you are not talking about silencing, you are talking about why they are silencing. Please come back when you talk about how you’ve been silenced. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That… Doesn’t disprove any of the facts here though?

4 Likes

The mods today even put their bias feelings in explaining why they flagged and closed threads. . ALL. THE. TIME.

5 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

:smile:

3 Likes

With all due respect, flagging someone because you disagree with them is a direct violation of the terms of service. You are not supposed to flag people simply because you disagree with them, and people who do that should, according to the TOS, be the ones who are deplatformed and silenced. If anyone is doing this, I suggest you stop now before the mod find out and silence you completely forever. (I have faith that the mods will take action with people constantly doing this.

Also, it doesn’t explain why the bulk of unfair flagging happens once a mod enters the chat, or less than 30 seconds after the post was made… especially when there are very few members on the said thread. There is no difference in notification between a community flag and a moderator flag, but many of them are blatantly by the mods.

9 Likes

It’s funny because they people that:

• Start the issues
  • Spread Hate speech and break the TOS the most
  • Gets off the hook for it

Are the ones that are talking about us needing to shut up for when we are silenced unfairly and they get a tiny slap on the wrist. Perfect example of one is on here. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Exactly, my post on diversity thread was flagged after 15 seconds the most! And you know the thing? 3 people liked it in 2 minutes! Who flagged it then?!

7 Likes

I’d just like to remind people once again that attempting to get other people silenced because you disagree with them is an abuse of the flagging system, which is a direct violation of the terms of service. I cannot stress this enough.

8 Likes

Wonder who…:thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve mentioned this before, a comment of mine was flagged and removed before I could back out of my phone keyboard. Literally just as it went up, before anyone could like it.

In an active discussion, where people were liking comments left, right and centre. Seemed fishy to me then, run of the mill now

5 Likes

The one who stole Christmas. :smirk:

I wonder why people who create actual drama in the Art Resources category doesn’t get flagged but people who defend themselves in General Chat get flagged.

4 Likes

Exactly. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes