Tal's Coding 101 - Questions & Help With Directing

try https://pixlr.com/

Thank you!!! It works <33

Sorry for the late response!

Ok I’ll tag you to show you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thanks Tal :purple_heart:

Bump! :raised_hands:t5:

Hi Tal! I was wondering I’ve been trying to make my car drive off of the screen and make the characters follow at the same time (without a looping background). I’ve been trying to figure it out on my own and I’ve had no luck. Any idea how to do it?

1 Like

This is helpful, but what if i already have the overlay in the scene and i wanna drive off? i don’t know how to code that and i’ve been struggling

and i have my characters walking to the car and getting in. so that might be part of the problem

You will just have to spot direct them.

1. Place the characters and car overlay on the screen in their starting position. Copy the code from the sidebar to the script.
  2. Place them in their ending position (before getting in the car). Copy and paste the code into the script using “&CHARACTER walks to spot x y in zone z in s” (ie. &CHARACTER walks to spot 120 120 in zone 1 in 3".)
  3. Place the characters in the car using spot directing. Copy the code from the sidebar to the script.
  4. Place the car and characters in their ending position using spot directing. Make sure the characters are lined up with the car accordingly. Copy and paste the code into the script using “&CHARACTER walks to spot x y in zone z in s AND CHARACTER does it while idle_sit_neutral_loop” (Explained in the original post I linked you). Copy and paste the end code for the car into the the script using “&overlay CAR shifts to x y in zone z in s” (ie. &overlay CAR shifts to 120 120 in zone 2 in 3). Make sure the “s” in both the character’s “walk to” and the overlay’s “shift” match (ie. they should both happen in 3 seconds, etc.).
3 Likes

He Tal! Tysm for doing this :two_hearts:
This might be a really stupid doubt but I can’t seem to get it :joy:
So is it possible for music to be going on when a sound plays?
Even though I used music, no music is playing. Only the sound plays. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

Hi! Yes, sounds and music can be played at the same time, I personally created a transition between musics like this once, by using one of the musics as a sound!
If you can’t hear the music, make sure that the volume for it is high enough and if it is, try sending a ticket to Episode. I recommend removing the sound and testing if you can hear the music, and let them know in the ticket so they can help you :hearts:

2 Likes

Tysm :two_hearts:

Hello! I’m trying to have 2 characters bump into each other, this is the script.

&CINDY is shove_argument_receive_angry
@ARDEN is shove_argument_receive_angry

Only Cindy is being shoved, and I switched the name too but still only Cindy is shoved.

Please help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Huh, that is odd. Sounds like a bug to me. Try adding

@pause for 0.01

between the two lines and see what happens :thinking:

Plz remove “does it while” and plz make the code as
AND MARITTE is walk_neutral

Plz try using “is” instead of “does it while”

i fixed it! i just had to make them walk to the spot at the same time. However, I am having trouble with another scene. The props werent working for one of me character so I removed them completely, but shes still walking around with the book even before the scene where the book was in the script

@transition fade out black in 2

INT. CVU LIBRARY STUDY TABLES 2 with TABLELEFT
&overlay 5414624519258112_TABLELEFT shifts to -89 -129 in zone 1
&overlay 5414624519258112_TABLELEFT scales to 2.566 2.566
&overlay 5414624519258112_TABLELEFT moves to layer 3
&ARDEN spot 0.758 247 264 in zone 2 AND ARDEN is read_book_open_neutral_loop
&CHEY spot 1.109 262 42 in zone 1 AND CHEY is react_sit_checkphone_bored
&CHEY moves to layer 2
@add Spell Book Open Grey Black to ARDEN

&cut to zone 1
&zoom reset
@transition fade in black 2

@pan to zone 2 in 4

@pause for a beat

@CHEY walks to spot 0.758 116 264 in zone 2

1 Like

I believe you forgot to delete this command? Let me know if I misunderstood you! :slight_smile:

this was for another character she has the grey book but CHEY is stuck with the open navy book even after removal. But ARDEN also has the book in earlier scenes even after I coded for its removal

1 Like

What did you type to remove the props?

2 Likes