Tal's Coding 101 - Questions & Help With Directing

The lower the layer, the further away the character is from the camera. So switch their layers and it should work.

1 Like

I had a issue for my characters just suddenly pop after being spot directed…what should i do so they look as if they’re since beginning

Web capture_17-7-2021_155251_www.episodeinteractive.com

Also the weather effect stops after the character enters …what can i do about that?

1 Like

Hi! Try spotting your characters first and changing their outfits later :relaxed: Let me know if it helps! :heart:

2 Likes

INT.INTRO with LAF
@overlay LAF opacity 0 in 0
&overlay LAF shifts to -64 167 in zone 1
&overlay LAF scales to 1.000 1.000

@pause for a beat
@overlay LAF opacity 1 in 8
@pause for 0.5
@overlay LAF opacity 0 in 8

this isnt showing up on the portal and everything is correct

hey , hope you’re doing good.
I wanted to know to know how to zoom and pan while the narrations/dialogues continue to display
i mean to say that in a scene it is zooming / panning to particular dimensions/zones or over a character but along with the character is saying the dialogue or performing a particular animation

Hi! You can do this by using the & symbol in front of your pan or zoom command. You can learn about it in the first episode of Coding 101, which is free to read :relaxed:

1 Like

How to animate a ball to be rolling? i tried to rotate and use other codes but i dont have much idea about it

Please learn all about it in Coding 101, everything is explained there in details :heart:

1 Like

EXT. BLUE - DAY with LOOP_OVERLAY_DAY1 to 1.625 -640 0 in zone 1 at layer -5
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 create from LOOP_OVERLAY_DAY1 and overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 scales to 1.625 1.625 in 0 and overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to -960 0 in 0 and overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 to layer -6

&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_DAY1 shifts to -640 0 in 6 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_DAY1 shifts to -960 0 in 3 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_DAY1 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_DAY1 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 6 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_DAY1 shifts to 0 0 in 3 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_DAY1 shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 6 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 3 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 0 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to -640 0 in 6 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to -960 0 in 3 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 loop INFINITE times
@NOVA spot 0.900 11 134 in zone 2
@NOVA moves to layer -2
&NOVA walks to spot 0.900 15 134 in zone 1 AND NOVA does it while walk_neutral_loop
@PEARL spot 0.700 170 130 in zone 1 AND PEARLdoes it while walk_neutral_loop

@transition iris out white in 1

(PEARL is a dog character)

The problem is the either the characters wont appear or they face opposite and get stuck, ive brainstormed every possible way but the problem doesn’t solve. I’ve used the template from DARA AMARIE’S templates. The only problem is with the characters .

:sweat_smile: I’m new to this so i have problems every now and then

ignore PEARLdoesitwhile i corrected it , the problem still exists

Question- what size is your overlay? Unless it’s 1920x1136 it’s not gonna work.

1 Like

ACTUALLY I HAD THE OVERLAY SIZE DIFFERENT AS IT WAS TOLD IN THE TEMPLATE BUT IVE CHANGED NOW.

THANK U VERY MUCH.
:blush:

1 Like

No problem! Glad I could help! :grin:

1 Like

Web capture_3-8-2021_155241_www.episodeinteractive.com|298x423
Web capture_3-8-2021_155054_www.episodeinteractive.com
!

In these pictures the book and the container doesnt go behind the fingers i mean it doesnt look like they are holding those things. If i layer them back the overlay hide behind the character

CODING

Web capture_3-8-2021_155738_www.episodeinteractive.com

Unfortunately because it is an overlay and not a prop, it will either be entirely in front of the character or behind the character depending on the layer. If you would like his hand to look like it is in front, you will either have to cut out the spaces for his fingers on the overlay and re-upload it, or upload a limb overlay for the character.

3 Likes

bump

1 Like

label GAME_MENU

tappable
“EOV_START”{
#START THE CHAPTER
goto CHAPTER_IS_STARTING

}
“EOV_SKIP”{
#SKIP THE CHAPTER

NARR
Are you sure you want to skip the chapter?

choice
“Yes, I’m sure”{ goto CHAPTER_IS_ENDING

}
“No, I don’t want to” {
goto GAME_MENU
}

"EOV_CUSTOMISE"{

#START THE CHAPTER
goto EOV_CUSTOMISE

}
Web capture_23-8-2021_1617_www.episodeinteractive.com

I don’t understand why i’m getting this message for the tappable menu, neither my tapabble menu is working

Summary

label GAME_MENU

tappable
“EOV_START”{
#START THE CHAPTER
goto CHAPTER_IS_STARTING

}
“EOV_SKIP”{
#SKIP THE CHAPTER

NARR
Are you sure you want to skip the chapter?

choice
“Yes, I’m sure”{ goto CHAPTER_IS_ENDING

}
“No, I don’t want to” {
goto GAME_MENU
}

"EOV_CUSTOMISE"{

#START THE CHAPTER
goto EOV_CUSTOMISE

}

EXT. SUNSET INTRO
label EOV_CUSTOMISE
NARR
Remember if you change the character’s skin tone , it may not match with the limb overlays being used in the story

label fem_custom_1

@NOVA stands screen center and NOVA faces right and NOVA starts idle

NARRATOR
What does your character look like?

(CC SCRIPT)
NARRATOR
Are you happy with how he looks?
choice
“Yes, he looks amazing!” {
readerMessage Follow @dara.amarie.ep on Instagram! with messageTitle Customization Template Credit
@LUAN is primp_neutral
goto GAME_MENU
} “No, I want to change something.” {
goto boy_custom_1
}

Add a } right before this line, I think that’s the error :blush:

1 Like
Script

INT. DOCTORS OFFICE - DAY
@zoom reset
&NESSA spot 0.826 112 256 in zone 1
@NESSA moves to layer 0 AND NESSA faces right AND NESSA does it while idle_sit_leanback_tired_loop
&LUAN spot 1.110 193 126 in zone 1
@LUAN moves to layer 0
&NESSA MOM spot 1.019 278 170 in zone 1
@NESSA MOM moves to layer -10 AND NESSA MOM faces left AND NESSA MOM does it while idle_armscrossed_neutral_loop
&MIA spot 1.110 31 46 in zone 1
@MIA moves to layer 0 AND MIA faces right AND MIA does it while read_paper_neutral
@add Clip Board Brown Tan to MIA
@transition fade in white in 2
@zoom on 0 315 to 281% in 0 using easein

The characters appear after the scene has already faded in. Plz help

1 Like
Summary

@remove HOSPITAL CLEANER BG CHARACTER
@overlay EOV_MOP clear
@cut to zone 2
@MS PESSIMIST spot 0.992 186 217 in zone 3
@MS PESSIMIST moves to layer -18
@cut to zone 3
@NOVA spot 1.100 238 143 in zone 3
@NOVA faces right
@zoom on 640 0 to 203% in 0
@NOVA walks to spot 1.100 231 124 in zone 2 in 3
@NOVA moves to layer 2

NARR
Stop

&cut to zone 1
@zoom on 0 266 to 133% in 0
@AN spot 1.082 102 100 in zone 1 AND LUAN faces right AND LUAN does it while talk_phone_neutral_loop
@pause for 3
NARR
Stop
@NOVA faces left
&pan to zone 2 in 2

@NOVA spot 1.100 238 143 in zone 2
@zoom on 640 0 to 203% in 0
@NOVA walks to spot 1.100 266 116 in zone 2 in 2
@zoom on 640 0 to 287% in 0
@NOVA is skate_unstable_loop
@zoom on 631 404 to 287% in 1 using easein

The first time the female character (nova) walks perfectl fine from right of the screen to left the next walking code she walks the opp way. Even when i’ve tried coding her to enter from screen right and to the location

1 Like

Hi, sorry for the delay! Try to change all of your “does it while”s into “starts” and let me know if it still happens!

1 Like