Tap to Continue Update!

Hello Episodians!

Recently, we released a feature to let you know to tap the screen to continue reading. From the feedback received - rather than being helpful - the feature felt disruptive, rushed, and maybe even a bit awkward at times.

writerisssuerush

With your input, we took a second look at this feature and realized you all were absolutely right! We went back to the drawing board to see if we could correct our mistakes. You may have noticed we’ve already slowed down the time it takes for the Tap to Continue to appear to make it feel less rushed.

Starting today we will be rolling out a new update to the app that includes your feedback and even more improvements. For starters, the feature no longer appears when editing stories so you can take screenshots and work on your stories without interruption!

While reading stories, we heard from our long time readers that they already know what to do and didn’t need the reminder. We made this feature turn off for you automatically after you’ve had the app installed for awhile. For newer readers, it will appear at the reduced speed to help you learn the ropes.

We couldn’t have done this without help from the community and we want to thank everyone who participated in the forum poll. Your votes and feedback in the comments were directly incorporated to making this feature less intrusive, but still helpful for our newest players!

You can check out the new design here! We removed the gradient and the floating hand. Instead, we opted to go with simple text at the bottom to keep it simple and not take you out of the story.

TTC

Love,

The Episode Team

Bless, thank y’all so much :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for this! It’s a fantastic update to contain and I can’t wait for what you have in the future!

That looks much better. Thanks for the update!

Thank you so much for listening to us. This is going to make taking screenshots so much easier!

Thanks! No more awkwardness guaranteed :blush:

Thank you for using the creators’ input! This is good to know that changes aren’t made once and for all but there’s always a way to improve things.

@Trinady and Episode, thank you so much for listening to the poll results and indeed taking on board comments on the post. I feel this is a really positive response to our feedback and I and I’m sure others, are delighted. Thank you x

@Trinady for some reason IDK if this happened to everyone, but the new update removed all of my favorites, and when I found them again, it took me all the way to episode 1!!! :confounded: I checked the replay button to see if it had replayed, but then it said the only history of me playing it was right now! So… Plz fix this, if I ever want to read Dripping Mascara in chapter 130 (if I don’t cry) I’ll have to go ALL THE WAY TO THE BEGINNING! :sob:

@Trinady for some reason it marked me as a NEW user, and did all the stuff it did (except for the updated background) when I first got on, introduced me and to some featured stories :disappointed:

Okay, now this is going crazy!:confounded: I went back on episode after I posted the last two, and it did the EXACT SAME THING. I honestly don’t know what’s going on…:sob:

I’m going to file a support ticket cuz I went back to episode to see if it did the same exact thing, and it did. For the THIRD time… It told me “Our readers love these stories, which one would u like to read”? Restarted all my progress from my favorites section… and… :confounded: Would I get my progress back if I filed the support ticket? :disappointed:

Gonna file the support ticket after school, cuz I gotta catch my bus :disappointed:

This is just amazing! :heart_eyes: thank you so much for listening :heart:

Omg I love it. And I feel so influential :grin: Thanks so much!!

I’m so sorry! Yes, please file a support ticket with all your account information and what happened! That’s the fastest way to get this looked into. Thank you!

@Trinady Thx a lot! :slightly_smiling_face:

K :blush: Thx

This is so much better thanks <3

Thank you :pray:t2:

Thank you Episode for listening to us!! :blush::tada: