Tappable menu script template

Hey guys :wink: So the title already says it!
I have the buttons uploaded as overlays and they finally got accepted. I have “Start” “Customisation” and “FAQ”.

Now I have 0 idea how to put those into my script/ make them tappable.

Could anyone maybe give me a hand with this? Thank youuu xx

1 Like

All you have to do is place the overlays using spot directing, and then make them tappable using tappable choices! Something like:

tappable
“START” {
goto story_start
} “Customisation” {
goto character_customisation
} “FAQ” {
goto frequently_asked
}

And then create the matching labels :relaxed:

2 Likes

Hey Rachel :wink: Thank you so much, so would you recommend to put the labels at the end of the chapter? Or if I put it right after the tappable choices, how do I prevent the label to “flow” into my story :sweat_smile: I hope you know what I mean. Is there like a end label command?

Oh! I didn’t realize it was you, hey! Haha!

You’ll just put the labels right before the script you want it to lead into. The labels essentially function as a checkpoint in your story and won’t impede the flow of the story at all. Above your CC code, for example, you’ll put:

label character_customisation

Then it’ll automatically jump to your actual code. At the end of the CC code, you’ll put something like

goto main_menu

And have “label main_menu” at the very start of your story so they can go back and play the story after they’re customized. Does that kind of make sense? I can send you a video on Instagram if not!

2 Likes

Hahaha yeah its me :wink:

So “start” would conveniently be last and then just flow into the story?

And I think I get it. I will test it out first in an unpublished chapter! Thank you so much x
I’ll send you a DM if I have any problems :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, putting start last is definitely the easiest way to do it! Give it a shot, and if you can’t get it working just send me a DM on Insta, I feel like I would explain it better using words and videos haha

2 Likes

Sure! Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I don’t know how to do it, but there is a video on how to do it.
DM me if you want the link.

1 Like

label menu
tappable
“START” {
goto start
} “Customisation” {
goto CC
} “FAQ” {
goto FAQ
}
###########################
label FAQ
NARR
Here write the FAQ
goto menu
############################
label CC
NARR
Here add the CC
goto menu
############################
label start
NARR
Here start writing your story

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.