Tappable moving background?

I’ve seen many times authors adding a mini-game where you can move the zones? screen? background? IDK how to describe it but you can move the background to search for hidden objects. Does anyone know how to do this?

You can pan through a tappable choice using this:

tappable [pan:1:2]
“OVERLAY_NAME” {
}

You can read more about it here:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help. :heart_eyes: That’s exactly what I was looking for!!!

1 Like

Heyy sorry for bothering you again, I have a question. I noticed that this work for only one overlay to tap on. How can I do it with more?
this is what I wrote in the script:

readerMessage move the screen to find them!
tappable [pan:1:2]
“LETTER1” {
}
“LETTER2” {
}
“LETTER3” {
}
“LETTER4” {
}
“LETTER5” {
}
“PAP” {
}

I need to be all tapped for the script to be continued.

That’s the correct way to do it. If you are only able to tap on one overlay, then it could be that your overlays are overlapping each other. If they are, you need to edit the overlay images and crop them to get rid of the excess transparent parts of the image.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the problem, they are cropped well. But for some reason, i tap one and it continues normally with the rest script without giving the “opportunity” to tap on all the other overlays first. :sob:

Oh then in that case you need to use labels/gotos if you want to go back and let the reader tap on another overlay.

1 Like

how would I know that they tapped in all of the overlays without skipping one? :thinking: I am not sure how I will do it. :sweat:

You could use gains for when they tap the overlay and labels/goto as Dara mentioned to go back to the main search of it along with using Enable/Disable Choice Options with Conditions

You could use that type of coding for if they’ve tapped that overlay then it’s removed so others can be tapped too and you can use this type of coding to make it so that all of them need to be tapped in order for them to proceed on with the story so that none go untapped.

i feel like I said the word tapped one too many times lol

1 Like

Here’s an example of how I would do it, granted there’s other ways and maybe better ways :woman_shrugging: :

readerMessage move the screen to find them!

label letter_search
&pause for 0.1
if (letter1) {
if (letter2) {
if (letter3) {
if (letter4) {
if (letter5) {
if (pap) {
goto end_letter_search
}}}}}}

tappable [pan:1:3]
“LETTER1” {
if (letter1) {
goto letter_search
}
&overlay LETTER1 opacity 0 in 1
gain letter1
##if you want something to happen or be said when they collect letter1 put it here.
goto letter_search
}“LETTER2” {
if (letter2) {
goto letter_search
}
&overlay LETTER2 opacity 0 in 1
gain letter2
##if you want something to happen or be said when they collect letter2 put it here.
goto letter_search
}“LETTER3” {
if (letter3) {
goto letter_search
}
&overlay LETTER3 opacity 0 in 1
gain letter3
##if you want something to happen or be said when they collect letter3 put it here.
goto letter_search
}“LETTER4” {
if (letter4) {
goto letter_search
}
&overlay LETTER4 opacity 0 in 1
gain letter4
##if you want something to happen or be said when they collect letter4 put it here.
goto letter_search
}“LETTER5” {
if (letter5) {
goto letter_search
}
&overlay LETTER5 opacity 0 in 1
gain letter5
##if you want something to happen or be said when they collect letter5 put it here.
goto letter_search
}“PAP” {
if (pap) {
goto letter_search
}
&overlay PAP opacity 0 in 1
gain pap
##if you want something to happen or be said when they collect this put it here.
goto letter_search
}

label end_letter_search
#How the story continues after the search is done goes here.

If an overlay you haven’t previously tapped isn’t fading when trying to tap it, it’s either possible that your overlays are overlapping one another OR that it’s in a spot that can’t be tapped so you might have to move where it is so that it can be tapped. At least that’s what I discovered in my experience with tappables is that they are easy to tap on the writer’s portal but on devices, there is sometimes an issue where you have them placed. Otherwise with this coding, they will just fade away when you tap them. And it won’t continue the story until all items have been tapped. Hope that helps! :lollipop:

1 Like

IT WORKED!
Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo much. I am so happy! I copy paste your script, it helped me a lot! How should I credit you?

1 Like

:yay: no problem! :fairy:t3: And no need to credit for that, thanks for asking anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you again! If you change your mind tell me. You were a big help to me!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.