Tappable overlays not working (answered)

This is my first time using tappable overlays in my story. I have four Icons that are tappable, unfortunately every time I tap on any of the Icons it brings me to one label out of the 4… Does anyone have a solution? I’ve watched so many videos and tutorials and nothing seems to work! N i’m not getting error signs either :confused:

ANSWERED::: I figured out that since i made my own icon overlays the image of the overlay was to big so i had to go back to procreate and crop the sizes and now it’s working! Thanks for everyone who responded :slight_smile:

remove tappable before every choice “”
and then add it to the top like you do with a regular choice
for example

tappable
“”
“”
“”

I did that originally but it still didn’t work

1 Like

what does the error say?

1 Like

That’s the thing no errors come up, the only error is a background that isn’t approved yet

1 Like

oh well thats probably why
I dont think you can use it until it is approved but i am not positive…

1 Like

Hopefully that is the reason because otherwise i’m hopeless :weary:

1 Like

The script that you posted doesn’t allow all the overlays to be selected. It only goes through one overlay at a time, probably why you’re only being led to one label.

You said you already tried the method above;

Did you do it like this?

If so, it might have something to do with your labels and the way the choices are structured.

1 Like

I am so confused… can you please dm me on instagram @destiny_episodee so i can send you pictures?

1 Like

Like @K.Logan said you have to structure it like a choice.

But also, you have to remember that the transparent parts of your overlays are also tappable. Do yours overlap?

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I don’t have Instagram. Plus, I think it might be better to continue this conversation here so other people who may be having the problem, or if they can help as well, can read through this post.

I’ll try to clarify. The first picture that you posted creates four different sets of tappable overlays. So you can only select one button, which is the first one. That’s probably why you’re led to the first label only. If you removed the word “tappable” before CUSTOMIZATION, POINT SYSTEM, and FAQ, then the reader will be able to select any of the buttons they want rather than being forced to select the first button.

It should look something like this;

label HOME_PAGE

tappable
"START EPISODE" {

@transition fade out black 1

goto START_EPISODE

} "CUSTOMIZATION" {

goto CUSTOMIZATION

} "POINT SYSTEM" {

goto POINT_SYSTEM

} "FAQ" {

goto FACTS_ANSWERS

}

Double-check if all the overlay and label names are correct.

thank for explaining i’ll try this! :heart: