Taskmaster ~ RP ~ Sign-ups/Chat

Welcome to TASKMASTER!
This is something different. Just a light-hearted, comedic RP!

Synopsis

Taskmaster is a British comedy panel game show, which stars comedian and actor Greg Davies in the role of the Taskmaster, issuing simple, comedic and bizarre tasks to five contestants each show – usually comedians – with Alex Horne acting as Davies’ assistant and the umpire during the challenges. The simple and bizarre challenges are usually performed in isolation, but occasionally in teams – are designed to encourage the players to think creatively to complete the task.
A quick trailer, which was for series 5.

A breakdown of the show

Each episode starts with the Prize Task, where each contestant donates a prize to offer up following a given theme – e.g. the contestant’s most unusual item; their most treasured item; their trendiest item of clothing etc – and are all awarded to the winner of the show. Then three or four pre-filmed tasks follow, usually taking place in and around the Taskmaster house. Tasks are delivered to the players in an envelope with a wax seal, which the player reads aloud:
e.g. "Fewest steps to the soup”, “create a Nursery Rhyme video”, “Get the balls up a hill”, or “Buy The Best Present”.
After the tasks are shown to the audience, the players justify their creative methods and argue to Davies – and among themselves – as to why they did best. After all the attempts at the task have been seen, judgement is passed by Davies and points are awarded (or players disqualified) accordingly.
The final challenge is performed live in the studio. In the event of a tie, the winner is decided by a special tie-breaker task, which may either be pre-filmed or performed live.

How I will recreate it …

I’m changing it to a six-episode show, with the first five shows having different guests/competitors, while I’ll play Greg and Alex.
This will be more SG than RP, but YOU create the SG part and I just collaborate with you. The thread will take place in the Taskmaster studio in front of the audience, and this will be the RP part. Reacting and justifying your challenge choices - in light humour. I will issue the challenges in a PM, and you write how you’d complete it. I will then summarise (or add bits to) them and post it to the thread. Points will be given with no rationalisation, and a winner found. In addition to the prizes for each episode, the winner will return for the sixth episode of the show to battle the other champions.
This is just a bit of fun, and something different in the way of format and story.

Shows:
There will be five shows with five characters, guests, per show.
Ideally males

Just a couple of things I wanted to mention.
Characters shouldn’t be younger than 25, as they’re TV personalities and need to have had some kind of career. Also, you can have up to five characters, as you won’t be on the same show as your own character. Try to please vary your characters too. Having different ages, different ethnicities, and most of all, gender. I would like to see more males than females because there are more male comedians in general.

Start date will be as soon as five suitable characters have signed up. Once there are 25 characters reserved/signed up, sign-ups will be closed.

FaceClaims

When the role-play starts, this thread will be used for general chat, as well as more sign ups.

People who were interested …

@Miss_Moonlight @Episode.BriarRose @L375 @oorgeloop @epi.alyssaa @Drama_Queer @Cam @Tellyg47

Possibly people who might be interested in something different ...

@jdepisode @Chocolate_Mama @ScarletSwanHunter @Etherwalker @amberose @kitty4322 @KBaldi93 @Tellyg47 @HermanEpisode @QueenChid @Littlefeets @amberh.episode @Wingsoffire @Once @oorgeloop @ShortSpaces

Can I join any role plays?
Taskmaster ~ Official RP/SG
Any rp's I can join?
I want to join another role play
Anyone have a new role play?

Reserve for 1.

Reserve for 1 please!

Awesome @Drama_Queer and @ScarletSwanHunter!

Thank you, @Mimi0829. I’ll add it to slides tomorrow.
Please just remember that this is a British panel show. They do have token celebs from the U.S.A, but not many. Maybe one each show …

Okay.

Reserve for 1. :+1:

Reserve for 1! :slightly_smiling_face:

Wicked one, @Etherwalker and @L375!

Got it, @Leea, will add you to FCs later on today!

Submitted.

Hey @Drama_Queer
Yeah, I got it and had a brief look. However, I’ve noticed that you didn’t read the information I wrote first, as you went against a number of things I had said.
One, I asked for 25+. I asked for no dramatic characters, as this is LIGHT-HUMOUR. Also, I asked for the character to have a media job, and a reality star is not a job.

Thanks again, @Mimi0829 and @Leea, your character’s profile is up!

Thanks!

Thanks for the Male character, @Leea! … I loved out loud at the joke! :wink:

Also, can we please have comedians too (preferably MALE)?!

So, 25 spots were available and 15 spots are left!
3 made and 7 reserved!

Also, I would like there to be a maximum of 10 girls (fewer is fine) and 15 guys, please!

@CrazyCaliope can I reserve for 2? If not then 1.

I shall reserve for one mate :point_right:

Absolutely, I’m allowing people to reserve up to 5! :wink:

(Hopefully, a guy or two? :wink:)

Got it, sweetheart! :kissing_closed_eyes:

Thank you, my beautifully talented JD! :wink:
I wish I could come visit you to give you a hug, but you’re not currently sleeping. :wink::wink::wink:

Sleep is a foreign word to me :smirk: XD