Tech support is trying to make me lose it

So, I had a problem and I reported it. They gave me a solution, I tried it and it didn’t work. I wrote back to them explaining that it didn’t work. I then explained that I took screenshots to show the process, but when I tried to attach them it said that I did not have the permissions to do so. The tech support person answered back and, in that answer, included a link for how to take screenshots with an Android phone. My husband actually had to talk me down from sending a rebuttal link titled: Reading Comprehension For Beginners. It’s like they don’t even read the things I send.

2 Likes

From what I know, I think most if not all of the responses are copy and pasted, and they find key words like “screenshot” in your case and copy and paste their generic response about screenshots.

1 Like

That’s what I figured too, because I just got another response from tech support that answered something that was not even kind of close to my actual question. They then wanted me to fill out a customer review on the service provided. :rofl: I hope they actually read that.

3 Likes

Happy birthday @ShMacBo :confetti_ball: :balloon: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

2 Likes

Ugh, I completely understand you! I sent them in a question regarding their guidelines because I didn’t understand something after reading it and they just sended me a thank you for pointing out its not clear and to read the guidelines or ask the community. Like, no one knew so I’m asking you :woman_shrugging:t3: you’re the company, help me, please, it’s your job, right?

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

you’re welcome :hugs:

3 Likes

happy birthday :confetti_ball: :tada: :tada: :tada: :balloon: :balloon: @ShMacBo :hugs:

3 Likes

:confetti_ball: Happy Birthday :tada:

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Happy birthday!

2 Likes

You are very welcome!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I don’t know about that, whenever I ask help from episode, first it is indeed a basic message, but if I give more details, someone is actually answering to what I’m saying and is giving alternative options on what to do, so I actualy receive an answer from a person, not like talking to a wall.

1 Like

You are super lucky. I usually give plenty of details and get the same 3 cut and paste answers the first few times. It takes a good 3 or 4 times for them to answer the question I really asked if they answer it at all. One time they closed my ticket before sending a reply to my repeated request to have them help me with my actual problem.

1 Like

Thank you

2 Likes

well that’s just sad. i’m glad it never happened to me :joy:

1 Like

I need to know your secret, I’m seriously losing my mind. And I’m pretty sure if they send me these cut and paste answers one more time, I’ll have them memorized.

1 Like

I mean, I don’t know about you or anybody else, but whenever I do text them about an issue, I’m respectful and I talk to them like they were an actual person. I say hi, I describe my issue thoroughly, I tell them which solutions I already tried. I’m humble and do not barge in with an attitude (as if I’m the Earth’s bellybutton and everything revolves around me, how DARE they have a glitch on their app). I don’t speak in half sentences, I use punctuation, I read whatever they send till the end and if I tried it already and it didn’t work, I tell them. I’m courteous.
I’ve seen people not even use upper case when starting their sentences, not saying hi, not using puctuation, not describing shit, only throw a sorry excuse of a sentence in there. I don’t think it’s okay.

Now, I’m not saying this might actually have importance in the fact that I get normal answers, but I wouldn’t exclude the thought either. People like it when you talk to them in full sentences and when there’s the minimum respect provided. It’s no different from according the bare minimum respect to a bartender or a waiter. They’re not our slaves. Or it might just be that someone else is on the support shift when I ask for help and it’s a more invested person than whom you got. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Well then, I honestly don’t know what I’m doing differently. I used to work retail so I know how rude people can be. Because of that, I make it my mission to treat those whose job it is to help me with absolute respect. I use complete sentences, correct grammar, and I go into detail about my problem. If I have screenshots, I provide them. I only start to get really irritated after the fourth time they haven’t answered my question, but I’m still pretty polite. By the way, with every communication the time between responses increases. The first response usually comes within 24 hours, the second comes within a week or so. After that, there’s no telling. I’ve dealt with a single issue for months at a time with no resolution.

1 Like

Oh, I never paid attention to how long they take to answer. Cause I’ll submit the ticket and then whenever you answer, you answer. I’ll be busy with my life until then.

I don’t know what it could be. As I said, maybe you just get the assholes?