Tell me your favorite national dish!

What are some of your favorite national dishes? I’d love to know more about your countries cousin!

I’ll start. Hungary - Rétes (A type of layered pastry with a filling that is usually sweet like cherry, sweet cottage cheese or poppy seeds!)

7 Likes

Norway - Fårikål (sheep-in-cabbage)

It’s pretty much exactly what the name say. Just with excess amounts of salt and pepper as well. Yup!

2 Likes

I loveee enchiladas. enchilada is a corn tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a savory sauce. Enchiladas can be filled with various ingredients, including meats, cheese, beans, potatoes, vegetables, or combinations. (Google definition) My favorite dish that’s from like America is a Philly cheesesteak ring.
The first one is the ring and the second one is the enchiladas :blush:

Pictures of both

3 Likes

Jollof rice (a Nigerian rice dish)

1 Like

Ummm maybe kebab from the fish and chip shop? :joy::smiley:
(England)
Do we even have a national dish?
Ooo English breakfast

3 Likes

Moved to General Chat since this is not Episode-related. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

I got many but I’ll share only 3.

Honduran dishes :ok_hand:

1. Pollo con tajadas

2. Sopa de caracol

3. Baleadas

Guatemalan dishes :ok_hand:

1. Tostadas
    IMG_48151

2. Tamales

3. Chile Relleno

3 Likes

I’m Canadian and I loveeeee poutine
EC9F4F1D-0D5C-4333-BD07-A888309B9D07_4_5005_c

But my parents originated from The Philippines so I loveeee the mix of everything feast where we can eat with out hands
517AEBF3-98F3-4767-A891-31818412FE8B

3 Likes

In Cyprus we have souvlakia :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

They’re just :chef: :chef:

3 Likes

My favourite dish from my country is Żurek

And my favourite food from my country is Ogórki kiszone :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

A Butterie - Scotland
It can be called many things and ones of them is delicious. :wink: It is something you can have for breakfast up north.

3 Likes

Yo, tell me why all of these foods have to look so good?? Yall are just making me extremely hungry :sob::sob:

2 Likes

Well, I’m from the United States, so let’s see…
Hotdogs and hamburgers are quite an American favorite.
Pizza is also eaten here, although I think it’s originally from Italy. Oh well, here we have many different varieties of it.
Fried chicken is also quite popular.
As for desserts, Americans love apple pie, key lime pie, Jell-O, s’mores, and funnel cakes.
(I’m sure some these foods are available around the world, I’m just sharing what’s popular here.)

2 Likes

I’m Bahamian and my favourite is crab and dough (I wont put a picture here cause it looks kinda nasty). It’s kind of like crab miso, cause we eat the inside of the crab aswell (with the exception of certain things) and eat it with dough. It’s a love it or hate it type of thing :joy:

Also conch salad, which doesnt love that?

2 Likes

I’m not Japanese, but I love a lot of Japanese food.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s where souvlaki comes from. It’s one of my favorite dishes as well!

2 Likes

Yes!! :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.