Tenth of Tevet (A fast day in Judaism)

Good morning/evening to everyone!
Today (in my country, Israel) we, the Jews, have a fast day that is called tenth of Tevet (in Hebrew: עשרה בטבת, Asara Be’Tevet).
Why do we, the Jews fast on this day?
So, On this date, there was a seige of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar 2 of Babylonia and it ended in the destruction of The First Temple.

I want to wish all Jews around the world tsom kal (easy fasting) :heart: :hugs:

7 Likes

Shalom!

I hope your day was fantastic! <3

1 Like

Shalom gam le’cha.
And yes, my day was quite good. :grin:

1 Like

Yes, it was. Didn’t you know?? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Oh, I see.
By the way, I don’t know what about you, @Mehasels, but it is weird/funny that we speak English with each other when we both had spoken with each other in another language :sweat_smile: :expressionless:

2 Likes

It’s so I can lurk on you guys. XP

1 Like

What do you mean?

1 Like

I was just joking. I don’t speak Hebrew, I just know some phrases (I think) lol.

So you speak English so I can lurk and read/understand and like your messages. XD

1 Like

Are you Jewish ?
(I am sorry if I have some spelling mistakes, English is not my language.)

1 Like

No, I’m nondenominational Christian, but before I was, I’d researched all sorts of different religions and Judaism really made sense to me. Jews and Christians are familiar and share values. We’re like brothers ^^ (or like sisters, I guess. lol) Like brother-religion, I mean…>.> Not us as individuals. LOL

And don’t worry about mistakes ^^ I’m not worried about it ^^’

1 Like

I as well believe so. Before everything, we are all humans.

1 Like

Actually, I don’t mind if we speak English.
After all, not everybody knows our language.
In addition, it helps me to learn more English.

1 Like

I do love the Hebrew language though. So much!! As you probably were able to tell. ^.-

I tried to self teach myself once, but I had a difficult time finding easily understood grammar rules. Haven’t tried since, I bet I could find something now. Lol

2 Likes

If you really want to learn Hebrew and understand the language, I believe you would be able to speak and understand.
Believe me, if I could learn to speak Japanese, so there is no reason why you won’t be able to learn Hebrew.

1 Like

I hope so ^^

I do want to learn it someday for sure.

1 Like

Which languages do you speak, if I may ask you?

1 Like

English is my first language and I used to understand a lot more German than I do right now, I kinda let it go by accident. >.>

I still remember some stuff and I could get a nice refresher for it if I applied myself. I know many words in German and can form simple sentences, but not complex ones. LOL

1 Like

My older brother speaks German. He loves the language.
I know nothing about German, besides the word “danke” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The short version of “thank you” ^^

The full version is dankeschoen, or if you want to use an umlaut, it’d be dankeschön. Which “schön” means beautiful so it literally translates to “thank you beautifully” which I think is cool. LOL

1 Like

Cool. :smirk:

1 Like