Testing a New Shelf: Top Community Stories

Hello Episodians!

We are continuing to work on finding more ways to support our community authors. We often hear from some writers that they would like more visibility in the app and faster ways to earn more reads for their stories. To that end, we are experimenting with some ways to showcase community authored stories more prominently within the Episode app.

Starting in the next few days, and running for a few weeks, you may see a new shelf in your app. We are exploring a few different types of shelves and selection criteria so you may see something different than your friends. For now, only a small number of readers will see the test shelf. When testing is over the shelves will disappear.

If you have questions, concerns, or comments about these shelves, please contact our support team!

— The Episode Team

33 Likes

Awesome!!! :clap:t4::tada: looking forward to seeing it! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

great!! excited to see it!

1 Like

Cool! Episode original stories aren’t everything. The community’s stories are great too!

3 Likes

This sounds like such a cool idea!

2 Likes

Ooh! Like it! I bet the new authors are happy! :heart:

1 Like

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Sounds cool and awesome @Liz !!! :hugs:

I am genuinely curious—How would a shelf displaying top community stories be different from the “Trending Stories” section in the “Stories We Love” tab?

13 Likes

Another trending shelf for the same stories, is what it will probably turn into.
Hopefully not, its so aggravating to see the same stories trending on multiple shelves. It’d be nice to change it up.

11 Likes

I got the update of new shelf and only 3-4 authors are having their new stories featured.

1 Like

I guess it will be similar to trending section but it will be visible on the main page next to official stories, that can help with extra exposition of top trending stories.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a screenshot of this shelf yet?

1 Like

Here

1 Like

Agree there. I was really excited to see the Recently Updated only to find the same stories on there.

3 Likes

Super famous is just their regular (weekly) featured shelf.

1 Like

Yea that’s True!!

We should have a section for newly released stories.

4 Likes

We do! Under “Stories We Love” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Granted it’s not super accurate haha but it is there

1 Like

We need also need stories to only be able to trend on 1 shelf (other then it’s given genre)
The recently update shelf is a joke, that list has stories that have been on it for more then 30 days that are complete and or haven’t been updated. There is nothing recently updated about that shelf at all.
The only difference this will make is if its on the front page, I don’t have the shelf so I do not know.

3 Likes