The Bachelor(ette) - Official SG

The Bachelor(ette) - creators are @amberose & @CrazyCaliope

The Story

20 contestants, boys and girls, will compete for the heart of the Bachelor or Bachelorette (our creations). There will be individual and group dates, cocktail parties, and eliminations.
Eliminations. Yes, your character can get eliminated and be out of the story. Though eliminations are random (see below). Just to make it a little fairer. Then, by the end, we should be left with two contestants who win the bachelor/bachelorettes’ hearts.

The main goal of this story is for your character to win the heart of one of the Bachelor(ette)s.

Eliminations

How they work:
To make it fair, random, and more realistic, we’ve decided that we’re not going to talk to each about the eliminations and just let them play out as we write.
So, we write together in a shared google document, meaning that we can watch each other type in real-time. We will be writing for our own characters and co-writing for your characters.
Before each elimination takes place, we will be making private lists for our characters of the order that they’ll give roses to. This will be based on your answers, character interactions, and character profiles. During the ceremony, they will then alternate with each other, calling names from their lists. What makes it EVEN MORE realistic is that whoever doesn’t start the ceremony, has to make the FINAL decision of who to eliminate. And we just don’t know who’d that’d be until we get there.
Just to re-emphasise, if Tyson chooses a contestant from the top of his list, who was also at the top of Vanessa’s, then Vanessa just continues down the list to the next available name.

What’s an SG?

An SG is a story game. Meaning that we, the creators, will be the ones writing the story for your characters. We will be writing long posts (i.e. chapters) as frequently as possible. After each post, we’ll be trying to include you by asking for decisions on what to do next and/or possible plot twists, etc.
Please make sure you check in every two-three days and continue to interact when needed.

Our SG RULES, please read!!!
  • DO NOT POST on the SG thread, PLEASE?! We want to hear your comments and thoughts but keep them on the sign-up/chat thread! Thank you.
  • Please respond to the chapters and question we ask you ASAP (within a day or two). The sooner you do, the sooner we can write the following chapter. If you don’t do so in the time limit then we will decide for your character.
  • If you are going to be absent, inform us and we will try to work round it. If you don’t then we will decide for your character or allow someone to adopt them.
  • It is set in the present day!
  • If you don’t like how your character has been portrayed in some way, then please tell Rosie and I in a PM. We try to fix it for you.

Thank you,
Rosie and Caliope

FaceClaims

Please use this thread for replies and general chat to keep the SG thread for only the story.

RPers with characters...

@alyssagreene, @Kale, @puma, @annaclaire721, @Tellyg47, @Littlefeets, @EpisodeLover_13, @candyxcx, @Coolepisodes, @Ella, @BrookieK, and @mistyhearts

Delete please cause someone reported it cause she minded compitition
Win His Heart - SEASON 1

Introduction

“Hello, I’m John Doe and welcome to The Bachelor…” The man known as John Doe paused, standing directly in front of the camera. “…Ette!” John is a dwarf, he’s only four foot, six inches. He’s wearing a navy, Louis Vuitton suit, and his blonde hair is spiked up with way too much gel. His face was rounded and chubby, but still very cute.
After a long pause, he continued. “Like the endless other matchmaking shows, this will be no different. Except, we’ll have both genders. Not just as contestants, but also as a Bachelor and Bachelorette. That’s right, the twenty hopefuls for have two chances to find love. They just don’t know it yet. Nor do they know that four will be leaving the house tonight, so hopefully they make a good impression. Alright, let’s introduce you to our Bachelor and Bachelorette.”

The camera cuts away and the next shot we see is John walking over to Bachelor and Bachelorette, who are standing outside the house. “Good evening, I bet you’re excited. Why don’t you introduce yourselves to the folks at home?”
Vanessa jumped in before Tyson could speak, she was smiling, which looked more like a sneer. Her curly, black hair sat on her shoulders and took up most of the frame of the close-up camera angle. She barely reached Tyson’s shoulders in height, but her confidence and ego came up way taller. Adjusting her glasses on the bridge of her nose, she spoke through her full lips, “Hi, I’m Vanessa Worthington and I’m Canadian. I like many things, I’m not fussy. I’m looking for a person who likes to travel and doesn’t mind having a debate.” She crosses her fingers toward the camera. “I hope I find love.”
Tyson waited for Vanessa to finish. “And I’m Tyson Baxter.” He adjusted the navy blue tie he was wearing that had started to irritate his neck and grinned at the camera. The black suit was a little too formal for his liking but suited him well. “I grew up with five older siblings and was raised in Baltimore, Maryland, though I’m a cruise ship singer so I currently live at sea. I’m hoping to find someone who shares my love for adventure.”

“And that’s them. But the contestants won’t meet them together. Tyson will be here to greet them, and then they’ll walk round the house to see Vanessa in the garden.” He gestures toward the other side of the house. “Vanessa?” She nods and walks off in that direction. John then puts his hand to Tyson. “I hope you’re not too nervous. Good luck.”
Nerves weren’t a problem for Tyson, he was excited to start this journey. “Thanks, John,” he said, farewelling the host.

Tyson’s Meet and Greet

Tyson didn’t get long to collect his thoughts, nor himself, the limo had arrived and out came a girl wearing a full-length, tight, olive bodysuit. It was only over one shoulder and an extra layer of material hung down over her bustline. She watched over and looked up at Tyson, smiling, and then she started, “Hi, I’mAria. NiceToMeetYou. I’mReallyExcited ToGetToKnowYou. HowAreYouFeeling, anyway?” She paused but not long enough for him to speak. “ICanAlreadyTell ThatWe’reGoingToBeReallyClose, Don’tYou? IHopeYouHaveSomeExcitedDatesPlanned, AndThat I’mGoingOnManyOfthem!” She stopped and looked at him like he should have understood everything.
Tyson was speechless; first at how stunning the first person to get of the limo was, but then also literally speechless once he couldn’t get a word in.
“CatGotYourTongue? That’sOkay, MaybeHe’llGiveItBack, AndWeCan TalkMoreInside.” She grabbed his tie, pulling him down to her level, then kissed his cheek. Letting go, she walked off round the house.
“I’m Tyson, by the way…” Tyson said as Aria walked away. He was mostly talking to the cameras at this point.

The second contestant was quick to get out of the limo. The strapping young man with piercing blue eyes, and wore a more casual shirt and blazer, began walking over. “Hi,” he said as he reached Tyson.
“Good evening, I’m Tyson. What’s your name and what brings you here?”
“Dan,” he responded, putting out his hand while rubbing the back of his neck. “I’m here for love, I haven’t been the luckiest and I hope to change that.” He smiled genuinely.
Tyson took Dan’s hand. “It’s nice to meet you, Dan.” Dan nodded and walked off the same way Aria had.

Another girl exited the limo, wearing a baby blue, off-the-shoulder, cocktail dress, which was longer in the back. She stood at the limo, wide-eyed and smizing at him.
Tyson remained in his spot, a fair distance away from the limo. He threw a hand in the air to wave at the new arrival. “Hi there.”
“Hi. Lara,” she spoke softly while placing her palm on her chest and walking toward him. She started concentrating. “Tyson Batter, is it? You’re 32 and from Baltimore. Am I correct?”
Tyson laughed nervously. “Baxter and 31. You were close… Baltimore was correct. How did you know all that?”
Lara giggled. “I can’t tell you all my secrets on the first day, but it wasn’t a guess.”
“I guess I’ll have to give you a rose if I ever want to find out.” She smiled, lightly squeezing his bicep as she walked past.

As the second male climbed, the limo drove off. He was in yellow rain boots, a deep blue overcoat, and a red bucket hat with an old suitcase. He took strides toward Tyson. “A prudent bear always comes prepared.”
“A what does what now?” Tyson wasn’t sure if he should be concerned by the outfit choice or if he should be laughing along with it. The words spoken had completely stumped him, and he wasn’t sure what to think now.
“Paddington,” Logan stated. He balanced the case on his knee, as he stood on one foot. Removing a sandwich in a zip-lock bag, which he gave to Tyson and closed the case. “The bear would always have a spare marmalade sandwich in case of emergencies. I’ll have mine later.” he headed off round the house, whistling.
“Ok…” Tyson said, smiling as the man left. As soon as he was out of sight, he looked down at the bagged up sandwich, unsure of what to do with it. He hadn’t understood the reference. “Uh…?” A producer came to retrieve the sandwich so that he would have both hands free for the next contestant.

Another limo pulled up and a long, graceful leg appeared out of the door. The rest of the woman followed in a long, red satin, evening dress, with a slit going up to her thigh. “…Hi, I’m N-” She couldn’t finish because she had tripped, falling to the ground.
Tyson jogged over to the woman who had just fallen. It was uncomfortably tight to do so in a suit, but he reached down to help her up anyway. “Are you alright there? That was quite an entrance.”
As she felt his hands on hers, picking her up, her cheeks reddened. How embarrassing, she thought. “I’m… I’m Nova.”
“Nova,” Tyson repeated, letting go of her hands once she was standing firmly on the ground. “I’m Tyson. I hope you’re not hurt.”
“…No, no, I’m just clumsy. … Tyson, I like that name.”
“Thank you. I look forward to speaking to you inside.” Tyson watched as Nova began to leave. “Careful not to trip again,” he winked.

Next to get out, another male. This one was dressed smartly in an all black suit. He walked over to Tyson. “Uh, hello. I’m… Bennett, uh, Bennett Russell. Uh, how stupid, I’m Julian Bennett Russell.”
“Well, it’s nice to meet you, Julian Bennett Russell. I’m Tyson Baxter.”
“Nice… Nice to meet you. I should… talk to you inside then.”
“Yes, I’ll talk you later this evening.” Julian nods and leaves Tyson to go around the house.

This time, it was a female in a short, tight-fitting, black, cocktail dress to step foot out of the limo and make her way toward him. “I can’t believe how dashing you look, a regular Prince Charming. You’re very easy of the eye.” She smiled and looked into his eyes. “Hey, I’m Adrian.”
Tyson chuckled at Adrian’s forwardness. “Thank you. I’ve never fancied myself as a prince, but maybe you might be my princess. I’m Tyson.”
“Well, Charming,” she reaches up and holds his jaw between thumb and index finger. “You can call me whatever you want, just never late for dinner.” She lets go, winks, and walks off.

Another male stepped out before this limo drove off. His expression was as serious as his very business-class suit. When he got to Tyson, he put out his hand and introduced himself, “Hello. I’m Jason.”
“Nice to meet you. I’m Tyson.” He shook Jason’s hand. “What brings you here?”
“Love, to find someone special, just like everyone else.”
Tyson nodded, agreeing. “Well, I can’t wait to talk to you more inside and get to know you.” Jason took back his hand and headed round the house.

The third limo arrived and out came a shorter woman with long, flowing, black hair and a radiant smile. She glided over to Tyson in a tight knee-length, sparkly pale pink, strapless dress. “Hey, why do men find it difficult to make eye contact?”
Tyson thought for a moment. “I’m not sure. Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact?” He was careful not to break eye contact as he spoke.
“It’s because breasts don’t have eyes.” Pavitra began laughing at her own joke.
Tyson joined her laughing. “I suppose that’s true for a lot of people. You have a point there,” he agreed.
“Well, two actually.” She gestured down at her two points and continued to laugh as she walked off.
He was glad she had left after saying that or else the woman would have seen Tyson’s jaw on the floor. He laughed, trying to recompose himself for the next arrival. He wondered briefly if the woman had forgotten to tell him her name or if he was just so startled that he had forgotten it.

A rather tall man exited the limo in a white shirt and blue blazer and walked toward Tyson. The most noticeable thing was that he held two roses. “So I rose to the occasion, as my love stems deep, and I hope we have a blooming good time.” He winks and hands Tyson the rose. “I’m Maxon, and just thought we should have the roses of the season.”
Tyson let out a small laugh. “This is great. Thank you,” he said as he accepted the rose. “I’m Tyson. I might now I have to give you a rose tonight so that we’re even.”
“I hope you do, I can’t wait to get to know you more.” He walked away after this. After Maxon had left, a producer came to take the rose out of Tyson’s hand. Nobody wanted the next contestant to get the wrong idea and think they were getting a rose before they had even met Tyson.

The next girl comes out of the limo with a small suitcase. She walks over and greets Tyson saying, “Chingas, you’re a sight for sore sights! But that’s okay by me, I’m Tori.” She gives Tyson a mini globe keychain. “This is to remember me by, as well a promise to talk later.”
“Tori? I’m Tyson. I’ll agree to that promise.” He looked at the keychain she had given him. It was only small, but he assumed the globe held some type of significance. He twirled it around his finger. “As long as you promise to explain the importance of this.”
“All in good time, Tyson. Catch ya round.” She left with her case.

Next to leave the limo was a slightly scruffy man in a dark suit with slicked back hair, which had blonde highlights. He walks over to Tyson carrying a small, black, velvet bag. “Hi, I’m Connor, and you are?”
“I’m Tyson. It’s nice to meet you, Connor. Nervous tonight?”
“No, I think I’m okay.” He opened the bag slightly, for Tyson to put his in. “ Love is like a bag of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get. You just have to dive in and be surprised.”
“I was wondering what that was for.” He reached in without looking and pulled out a Snickers bar. “One of my favourites. I guess I got lucky.”
“I guess we’ll see if you remain lucky later on as well.” He closed the bag and walked round the house.

The third limo had left and the fourth drove up. Out came a woman with short, blonde hair, wearing a stylised one-piece, black, pants suit. The fabric was fashionably missing at her sides, only from where her hands would be if she put them on her hips. Walking over, Piper remarked, “Aside from being sexy, what do you do for a living?”
The woman’s question had surprised him. Tyson laughed it off, hoping his initial shock hadn’t been so obvious. “I’m a singer on a cruise ship. What about yourself?”
“So you’re a traveller, that’s good. I’m a criminologist.”
Impressed by her response, Tyson smiled. “That sounds really interesting. I’ll have to find you later tonight so you can tell me more about it.”
“I’ll definitely be looking forward to that then,” she told him before leaving.

The following guy to exit the limo wore an overly cocky grin in a simple black suit and walked toward Tyson. “Hey. Axel. What failure have you learned the most from?”
Tyson was caught off guard. All other conversations had been mostly upbeat. “Wow, starting off with the tough questions, I see…” He laughed nervously. “I actually failed my SAT’s. Definitely learned from that experience,” Tyson confessed. “But in a good way. I learned that life still goes on and that there’s plenty of other options aside from going to college.”
“Interesting. So you never went to college? That’s something we’ll have to discuss more in-depth.”
“Sure, I’d be happy to share my story sometime later tonight,” Tyson offered. Axel then headed around the house, leaving Tyson waiting for the next contestant.

This next woman stepped out rather carefully in her long, white, halter-neck evening dress. Her dress’ train followed her as she confidently made her way to Tyson, her back perfectly straight. “…Hello.”
“Hi, you look lovely tonight. What’s your name? Mine’s Tyson.”
She giggles at his compliment and her face starts turning a pale shade of pink. Then, to get over this, she stands tall and looks him in the eye, confidently. “I’m Chelsea, and thank you.”
“It’s nice to meet you, Chelsea. Will I see you inside?”
“I hope so. I’ll try to get you alone, away from everyone else.” She walked slowly and confidently away.

The last guy hopped out before the limo pulled away. He wore a tight denim shirt with white pants and a container under his arm. He brushed his hair out of his glistening eyes and arrived in front of Tyson. Removing the container’s lid, he held it in front of him. “Omelette you in on a secret. You and I would brie perfectly gouda. Life would be feta if we were together.” He smiled gleefully. “Hey, I’m Jace. Care for a pepperoni pizza breadstick? ”
Tyson laughed. “You’re a lifesaver,” he said relieved. It had been hours since he’d eaten. The producers had kept them busy all evening and there hadn’t been much time between takes to eat anything. “This is a great tactic to win a rose tonight.” He took the breadstick. “I’m Tyson, by the way.”
“Well, I can’t say that wasn’t my aim, but I do love to cook. Everyone knows the way to man’s heart is through his stomach.” His gleeful smile remained.
“That’s very true. I hope I’ll get a chance to talk to you more tonight,” Tyson said, allowing Jace to head around the side of the house. He was keen to try the breadstick, but once again a producer came out to take it from him. Apparently chewing noises didn’t sound pleasant while Tyson was wearing the microphone attached to his collar.

The fifth limo had pulled up and a girl stepped out with her black hair in a tight bun. She wore a deep purple, mid-length, satin and lace dress and ambled toward Tyson. It looked like a sexy nightgown.
Tyson let out a slow whistle as the woman approached. “Well, who do we have here?
She smirked at him. “I’m glad you approve, there’s plenty more to see here. I’m Kim, to answer your question.”
“Kim, I’m Tyson. I look forward to seeing you more tonight, that’s for sure. You look stunning.” She thanked him before heading round the house.

The man who hopped out now was wearing a grey sweater with the collar of his white shirt, folded over top, and black skinny jeans. His newly-fashioned, common Korean bowl-cut, sat just above his eyes. He connects his smiling eyes with Tyson’s and walks toward him. “Good evening.”
“Welcome.” Tyson flashed a grin. “My name’s Tyson. How are you feeling?”
“Thanks. Jay, that’s me. I’m a little tired. How about yourself?”
“Tired?” Tyson raised an eyebrow. “You are going to be in for a long night then. I’m feeling the opposite to you. I’m very excited to start this journey.”
“Oh no. Was that a bad translation? No, I am excited too. I am suffering from jet lag, that is all.”
Tyson laughed it off. “Oh, of course. Well, I hope the excitement of this evening will help you get through the jet lag then.”

Another woman. What number was she? 25? 63? It felt like a hundred, and they just kept coming. This woman wore a long-sleeved, low-cut V-neck playsuit, which showed off her silky bare legs. Though, the most attention-grabbing thing was seen only as she got closer; Dory, the fish, painted on her cheek. “Hey, I shall call you squishy and you shall be mine, and you shall be my squishy.”
“Finding Nemo, right?” Tyson raised an eyebrow. It was a movie his nieces and nephews loved. “I prefer to go by Tyson, but squishy could grow on me,” he joked. “What should I call you?”
“That’s right,” Juniper pointed out. “Hmm… who is your favourite character?”
“I guess Nemo… You know, he had that desire for adventure and that’s a bit like me.”
Juniper attempted to be as flirty as she could. “Well, you can call me Nemo, and I really hope that you come looking for me tonight.” Looking at his cheek, she knew she couldn’t reach it. So she picked up his hand and kissed the back, before walking off.

The last male hopped out of the limo looking angry or bored or something. His beige suit with a green shirt, match with his mouth and facial expression; tight. He was straight-faced and unsmiling, his arms crossed over his body.
“Welcome,” Tyson greeted. “I’m Tyson. Excited to be here?” Tyson asked, though he didn’t quite get that vibe off the latest arrival.
Nicolas’ arms remained crossed and his face unchanged, as he made his way over. “Thank you. I am, I’ve been looking for love since I was a teenager.”
“Since you were a teenager, you say? I definitely didn’t care too much for love when I was that young… But of course, I’m prioritising it now,” he added, gesturing to the mansion and cameras as proof of this.
“I can see that. I’m just a bit of a romantic. I’ll ask you what you’re looking for in a match when we’re inside,” he replied before walking away.

RPers with characters...

@alyssagreene, @Kale, @puma, @annaclaire721, @Tellyg47, @Littlefeets, @EpisodeLover_13, @candyxcx, @Coolepisodes, @Ella, @BrookieK, and @mistyhearts

What would your character do at the cocktail party?
Two votes, one for Tyson and one for Vanessa, please. If you have more than one character, please tell us their choices in the sign-up chat?!

• My character would approach Tyson privately.
  • My character would be approached Tyson privately.
  • My character would be in a group conversation with Tyson.
  • My character would approach Vanessa privately.
  • My character would be approached Vanessa privately.
  • My character would be in a group conversation with Vanessa.
  • I don’t know/I don’t care

0 voters

Vanessa’s Meet and Greet

Vanessa stood there in the garden; waiting. She was in a bright yellow, Marilyn Monroe styled gown, which flared outwards from her waist, with dangly yellow earrings to match. However, her hair seemed to hide them most of the time. She was nervous, she never was, only overjoyed that her journey was finally beginning. Standing at the of a red carpet, she looked up it and saw the first contestant.
Aria turned the corner only to be surprised that there was another woman already standing in the garden. “OhHiThere.” She made a beeline to where Vanessa was standing. “ThoughtIWasTheFirstOneToMeetTheBachelor. I’mAria, What’sYourName?”
Vanessa laughed briefly. “You were. I’m Vanessa, your bachelorette this season. It’s good to meet another talkative person, Aria.”
“TheBachelorette?” Aria was both surprised and excited by this news. “WhatATwist! YouMustBeExcited… ButWait. HowWillItWorkWithTwoNow? Won’tThatMakeItConfusing?” She paused, but not long enough for Vanessa to get a word in. “Oh,I’mSureThisHas BeenThoughtThroughEnough. IShouldn’tNeedToWorry. IGuessThisReallyJustDoublesMyChance OfFindingLove.” She finally finished speaking this time. Vanessa was left wide-eyed and speechless, she couldn’t even nod her head.
“ISeeTheCat’sBeenBusyTonight. IBelieveThisIsNowTheSecondTongue He’sGot
Tonight.” Aria laughed a little at herself. “I’llLeaveYouToMeetTheOthers, ButIDoHopeIGetAChanceToTalkToYouLater.” Vanessa’s eyes remained wide as she left. Then she looked down one of the camera lenses and they became wider still.

Daniel was the next to reach the garden. He spotted Vanessa straight away, her yellow dress almost glowing in evening sky. “Hello there, I’m Dan.” He couldn’t remember seeing her in the limo, and he was sure they were the first to pull up. “Are you another contestant?”
“Hey Dan, I’m not another contestant. Try the Bachelorette instead. I’m Vanessa, but most call me Nessa. Though call me Cindy or Ella.” She shrugged.
He was taken by surprise that there had been a bachelorette hiding around the corner no one had mentioned. “Cindy, I like the sound of that. I’m sure you must be excited to be here then.”
She tightened her lips to stifle her laugh, it was almost unnoticeable. “I am quite excited to find love, however skeptical I am about whether finding love on TV really works.”
Dan gave a sympathetic smile. “I understand that. If this ever gets too overwhelming or you just need to vent, or to share your skepticism with, I’m your guy. I’m a therapist, so I’m great at listening.”
She leaned in. “Before we finish this conversation, I let you in on a little secret, I prefer people who can talk back.”
Dan nodded. “On that note, I will talk to you later.” He continued walking in the direction he had previously been heading in.

Lara sensed Vanessa’s presence before she entered the garden. “Valeria Worthington?” She stopped just before Vanessa, who was almost a foot taller than she was. “Canadian, right? I’m Lara Holden.” She paused, sensing some more information. “The Bachelorette… You are the bachelorette. There’s two suitors this season?”
Vanessa tilted her down to her. “Most of that is correct, Lara Holden. Though I think that the person you bribed for info, is messing with you. My name’s Vanessa Worthington.”
Lara laughed. “When you find me later, and I know you will, maybe I’ll let you in on my source.” With that, she turned on her heels and left.

Logan continued whistling as he turned the corner that opened into the garden. He stopped, seeing a woman with cameras on her. It seemed a rather strange set up for another contestant. He cut through the grass, his rain boots protecting him from the dew, to reach Vanessa. “You’ve got a nice set up here,” he said, tilting his red hat up to greet her. “My name’s Logan.”
“Thanks, my name’s Jasmine,” Vanessa replied. “I would compliment you back but the only thing running through my head is, what’s with the outfit?”
“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Jasmine. My outfit tonight was inspired by Paddington Bear. Have you heard of him? I’m just a hopeful bear at heart, like he was.”
“I assume you mean the movie, not books. I’d prefer to read the books, but just never did. Well, maybe you need the bear necessities.”
Logan let out a soft laugh. “Yeah, it’s one of my favourite films.” He paused, remembering his second sandwich. It seemed only fair he offer it to Jasmine , since Tyson had got the other. “He always carries a spare marmalade sandwich… And now you’ve got one too. I hope to see you later, Jasmine.” He gave a small wave before leaving. But before she could even look at the sandwich, the producer came over, taking it from her.

Nova concentrated on her steps as she made her way around the house. Still feeling incredibly embarrassed that she had managed to fall within seconds of the show. Left foot, right foot . Why was it so hard not to make a fool of herself on the first night. She had been staring at her feet for the longest time that she hadn’t seen Vanessa. She continued walking, now completely passing Vanessa and the cameras that surrounded her.
Vanessa turned to watch the girl. She called to girl, “Excuse me, over here, time to stop daydreaming.”
Nova, startled by the voice, stood up straight, searching for its owner. “Oh, um…” She hurriedly walked back. “Hi, I’m sorry, I, um… didn’t see you there.”
“Clearly. Were you just thinking about the bachelor this season?”
“No, I was, uh… I kind of stacked it in front of the Bachelor, so I was… I was just worrying about that. I’m Nova, by the way.”
“I’m sure it went better than you thought. I’m Nessa, but call me Nala.”
Nova felt slightly better after receiving some reassurance. “Ok, Nala. So… Are you the Bachelorette? Will I see you inside?” She was hopeful to redeem herself later in the night with Tyson, and now Nala. She didn’t want two people to already think she was a total klutz.
“Yes and yes,” answered Vanessa. “Just try to relax and maybe we’ll talk inside.” Nova nodded and walked inside, watching her steps the entire way.

Julian walked through to the garden. He was expecting to see a handful of contestants by now, but there was only one standing alone. “Evening,” he greeted, heading towards Vanessa. “Julian Bennett Russell.” He had managed to get his names in the correct order this time at least.
“Evening Julian Bennett Russell. I’m Wendy Moira Angela Darling.”
“That’s a lovely name, though it’s rather long. What are you doing standing here alone? You don’t want to head inside just yet?”
“I could say the same for you, J.B.R,” she replied. “No, the producers won’t let me. It’s in the rules that I have to meet all the contestants.”
“Oh, you are a Bachelorette?” He raised an eyebrow. “Or should I say The Bachelorette?”
“Yes, ‘The’ is correct.” Vanessa puffed up her cheeks then blew the air out. “I guess I might talk to you inside.” Julian nodded, then made his way inside.

Adrian sighed, walking towards the garden, losing the confident facade she had been faking only moments ago. Meeting Tyson was the easy part, but now heading into a house full of strangers who would also be competing for his heart was making her stress. She turned the corner, spotting Vanessa in the garden. She took a deep breath to prepare herself, then began walking over to Vanessa. “Well, don’t you look gorgeous.”
Vanessa cocked her head slightly at the girl’s solemn expression. “Thanks. You alright?”
“Absolutely fantastic.” Adrian smiled at Vanessa. “I’m Adrian, it’s nice to meet you…” She trailed off, waiting for a name.
“Welcome Adrian, I’m Aurora. Maybe we can talk more inside?”
“I’d love to.” Adrian flashed a smile, before heading into the mansion.

Jason walked with a hop in his step, down the path that lead to the garden. He approached Vanessa once spotting her. “That would have been the perfect stretch to rollerblade along,” he said, gesturing behind him. “I’m Jason. What are you doing out here alone?” Worried that he might have sounded too nosy, he added, “If you don’t mind me asking.”
Vanessa shrugged. “Oh, nothing major. Only meeting what could be the potential love of my life, apparently.”
“Really? Me too… Well, that’s not the reason I’m out here alone, but it’s the reason I’m here on this show. I guess I should leave you to it then. Maybe I’ll see you inside…?” He walks off.

Pavitra was feeling confident in herself and the impression she’d left on Tyson. She couldn’t help but laugh to herself as wandered through the garden, still giggling when she noticed Vanessa. The bright yellow dress grabbed her attention immediately. “So what did Cinderella do when she got to the ball?”
Vanessa looked at her quizzically. “Uhh… what did she do?”
“She gagged.” Pavitra began laughing at her own joke.
Not sure what to think at first, she said nothing. Did she get it? Then it clicked with her. “Oooh.” She smiled. “So you like those types of jokes then?”
Pavitra nodded, shrugging slightly. “Yeah, that’s just the way my mind was wired to think.”
“You’ll just have to share some more with me in the coming weeks, if you have more that is?”
“Sure, if you’re smart enough to keep me around, that is.”
“We’ll see what happens.” And with that, Pavitra turned and left.

Maxon had a firm grip on his rose when he saw Vanessa. As if tonight wasn’t nerve-wrecking enough, it now looked like there was a Bachelorette too, if the cameras and crew were anything to go by. He walked up to her. “You are the Bachelorette, I’m assume? My name’s Maxon.” He offered his rose.
“Hey Maxon, I’m Ariel.” She looked at the rose curiously, but didn’t take it. “I am, but what’s with the rose?”
Maxon hadn’t exactly prepared to meet a bachelor and a bachelorette tonight, but he was lucky he had brought two roses now. “Ariel, lovely name. The rose is for you. Since you’ll be handing them out this season, I thought tonight would be the only chance to give you one instead.”
She took the rose. “Thanks. I guess that’s a surefire way to get a rose tonight, right? Especially since I assume Tyson got one too.”
“Uh, well…” He paused, not wanting Ariel to be upset that he hadn’t actually had her in mind for the two roses. “Yes, he did. Hopefully that doubles my chances though, right?”
“It’s a nice gesture, so it possibly will, yes. I don’t see why it shouldn’t, unless we’ve already made outstanding connections with the other contestants,” she told him. Then she thought, let’s see how he can handle that.
Maxon pondered for a moment. “If that’s the case, I’m lucky there’s so many roses and weeks for me to grow my connection. That is, if you keep me around tonight.” Maxon remained pretty faithful that he’d make it past the first night. Some may have thought it naive, but he was a hopeless romantic. “I hope I get to speak to you inside, Ariel.” He farewelled her and left.

With her small suitcase in tow, Tori found herself in front of Vanessa. “Hi there. I’m Tori, and you are…?” She trailed off, unsure if the cameras around Vanessa indicated something more significant.
Vanessa looked around at the cameras, surprised that she hadn’t guessed. “Belle, I’m the Bachelorette.”
“Really? There’s two? And no one told us there would be both a Bachelor and Bachelorette?” Tori couldn’t hide her shock. “I’m sorry, I brought a keyring here to give as a little momento, but I already gave it to the Bachelor,” she confessed, sheepishly.
“That’s fine, I’m not materialistic. Let’s just work together on making this a fantastic experience.”
“Sounds like a plan.” She clicked her fingers and pointed at Vanessa. “I’ll catch ya inside.” Tori then left for the house.

Connor still held his bag when he reached Vanessa. The cameras, producers and lighting that surrounded her indicated he was now meeting The Bachelorette. It wasn’t hard to put two and two together, though he was a little surprised that she’d been hidden. “Evening,” he greeted, flashing her a small smile. “You look beautiful tonight. I’m Connor.”
“Thanks, the makeup crew tried really hard. I’m Jane Porter, but what’s with the bag?” She gestured to his velvet bag.
“I’m sure they didn’t need to try too hard.” He held up the bag in between them, opening it. “Love is like a bag of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get.”
She dove her hand into the bag and when she pulled it out, she held a Picnic. “Hmm… so my love life is an eclectic bunch of everything…”
“It could be,” Connor agreed, laughing. “I guess we’ll find out over the next coming weeks.”
“I guess we will.” She shrugged. Connor then said his farewells to Vanessa and made his was inside.

Piper walked along the path with her head held high. Upon turning the corner, she became aware of the cameras surrounding Vanessa. “Well, hello gorgeous. What are you doing out here all alone?” She asked as she walked up to her.
“Me? Am I?,” Vanessa asked a little smugly. “Well, I’ve been told that I have to meet all the contestants. What about yourself? What are you doing here?”
“Well, I was just making my way inside, and probably heading straight to the bar,” she joked. “So I guess we have both a Bachelor and a Bachelorette this time around?”
“Correct. So would it be too bold of me to ask you to save me a drink for when I come in?”
“You don’t have to ask me twice. Find me once you’re done meeting everyone else. I’m Piper.” She turned to the house, leaving Vanessa to greet the other contestants and think about how she wasn’t able to give her a fake name.

It was only a short walk before Axel was standing in the garden, looking at Vanessa. She stood out to him, wearing an almost glowing dress, his favourite shade of yellow. He wasn’t sure why she was in the garden alone, when he thought there should have been a lot more contestants here by now. Being the type to always speak his mind, he spoke, walking closer to Vanessa. “Shouldn’t there be more people here by now?”
“Yes, there should.” Vanessa actually smiled, though it was a supercilious smile. She felt like she had something over him. “They’re all inside the house, waiting for the cocktail party to start.”
“And you are not?” Axel raised an eyebrow towards her. “Oh, my apologies. I didn’t even catch your name. I’m Axel.”
“No, the producer said I have to meet all the contestants. But my name is Alice Liddel.”
“So, Alice, that would make you the Bachelorette, right? Then who was Tyson?” He paused, trying to figure it out on his own. “Is there both a Bachelor and Bachelorette this season?” Vanessa only nodded in reply.
“Uh, well that should make things interesting I guess.” He was a little bit taken back by Vanessa silent response. Maybe she’s just not much of a talker, he thought. “I’ll catch you inside then.” He turned and walked away.

As Chelsea walked around the house, her stride began to lose its confidence. Tyler… Ty… Ty-something, wasn’t it? She had been too focused on how she was carrying herself that she hadn’t focused on retaining any information the Bachelor had told her. Now reaching the garden, she spotted Vanessa in the midst of more cameras. Her confidence back, Chelsea walked straight up to Vanessa. This time she would focus on remembering her name, at least. “Hi.”
“Hey.” Vanessa stepped back on one foot. “That’s the boldest greeting I’ve had all night.
“You must be joking.” Chelsea knew that wasn’t the best greeting she could have come up with. “If that’s true, I must definitely be getting a rose tonight. I’m Chelsea, by the way.”
Vanessa laughed, briefly again, but it was still a laugh. “And you still get bolder. I guess I was just expecting big, elaborate introductions, but they’ve all been a little… mundane and normal. So Chelsea, I think that might be true. And my name, it’s… Vanessa, but call me Nessa!”
“Vanessa… Nessa… I’ll make sure to remember that.” Chelsea really hoped she would. “I guess everyone must be a little surprised that you are hiding around the corner. I know I was.”
“Just a little.” Vanessa nodded. “I hope we can talk more inside, Chelsea.” Chelsea said goodbye and went inside. She had a feeling she wouldn’t forget Vanessa’s name as easily as she had with the Bachelor’s.

With his container under his arm, Jace walked up to Vanessa. Once there, he opened up the container again. “Would you like to try one? It was my something extra I brought for the Bachelor, but there’s plenty to go around for the rest of us too.”
Vanessa’s eyes widened again. Not because of the food, but because these contestants really weren’t the smartest. “Sure, what did you think of the Bachelor?” She took a breadstick and looked at it. “What are they?”
“Pepperoni pizza breadsticks,” he answered, sealing the container. “I think I got off to a good start with him, but it was only one very short conversation. What about you?”
“Looks good.” Vanessa was wondering how to word this without lying, but still make him believe she was a contestant. “But, no, not really yet. I guess we’ll have more of a conversation afterwards.”
Jace nodded. “Do you want to head inside with me now? Or was there a particular reason you were standing out here?”
“There’s a reason, I’ll talk to you inside.”
“Alright, I’ll see you later then.” Jace made his way inside.

Kim paraded into the garden, her head held high. “Hi, I’m Kim,” she greeted Vanessa. “How are you tonight? Not too cold out here, I hope.”
Vanessa stared at the next woman, who looked amazing. “Hey, uh, Tiana, that’s me.” She paused, still looking at Kim’s dress. “I’m pretty good. I could ask the same about you, you do look absolutely stunning.”
“Thank you.” Kim beamed. Even though she was a model, she still loved to receive compliments. “I actually don’t feel the cold too much. I’m used to wearing outfits that don’t match the weather conditions because of my job.”
“Oh? I’ll keep that in mind for possible dates then. Maybe we can even talk about your hobbies when I get inside?”
“That would be great. I’ll see you in there, Tiana.” Kim smiled before leaving the garden.

Jay trudged through to the garden. He hadn’t been lying when he said he was experiencing jet lag. The only thing that snapped him out of his dazy state was the bright yellow dress Vanessa was wearing. He rolled his shoulders back to stand up straighter, then walked over to Vanessa. “Hi, how’s it going? I’m Jay.”
“Not too bad, compared you that is. You look dead tired. I’m Joy, by the way.”
“Hi Joy.” He gave a slight smile, but she was right; He was dead tired. “I’m so sorry about that. It’s just a bit of jet lag. I’m truly very excited to be here.”
“Oh? Where have you come from?”
“South Korea. Have you ever been?”
“No, but one day. I’m just making my way around the states currently.”
“That sounds interesting. I’d love to hear some of your travel stories later on tonight.” Vanessa nodded and Jay turned, heading inside.

”Just keep swimming, just keep swimming…” Juniper sung quietly, adding a swing in her step. Seeing Vanessa instantly, she smiled at her. “Hello there… I didn’t know there was also going to be a Bachelorette,” she added, after observing the cameras and crew surrounding them.
Vanessa cocked her head. “Hey, yeah there is. Did I hear you correctly, were you quoting Disney?” Noticing Dory on her cheek, she pointed to it. “And is that-?”
“Oh, um, yes. I just love to sing, I’ve had that tune stuck in my head since I painted my cheek earlier.” She turned her head so Vanessa could see it better.
“Very nice. Talented too, to paint it yourself. Though a little ironic.” Vanessa was getting a little cocky now, with all these names. “My name is actually Dory. Not from birth, but my dad changed it legally after my mother left us.”
“I’m sorry to hear about your mother.” She hadn’t been prepared to get this deep and emotional this early. “At least I’ll never forget your name now,” Juniper said, her voice filled with hope. She smiled and headed inside.

Still with his lips held in a firm line, Nicolas walked into the garden with his arms crossed. Taking notice of the cameras around Vanessa, he stepped up to her. “So there’s two this season,” he thought out loud. “Hello. My name’s Nicolas.”
She had to think a moment before answering, which names had she already used. “Hey, I’m Anna Arendelle. You don’t look too happy to be here?!”
Nicolas dropped his arms, to rest by his sides. He hoped this would make him look more open to this experience. “No, no. I’m excited to be here. I’ve been searching for something, and I believe that something could be love… I guess…” He paused to look at the cameras. He knew what he was about to say would probably get cut in editing. “I guess I’m just unsure as to whether I can find that on a reality show. But I’m here to try it anyway.”
“Same here. I’m skeptical about matchmaking TV shows too. Maybe we should discuss this more later?” Nicolas agreed before walking into the house.

After the last contestant was inside, Vanessa didn’t get much time to think, before Tyson and his crew rounded the corner and a makeup crew surrounded her. “I suppose it’s time to enter the house and mingle some more?”

RPers with characters...

Please fill in these ten this or that questions!
Please send us your answers for your character(s) in either the sign-up chat or in a private PM to BOTH of us?!

• Dogs or cats?
  • Cake or Pie?
  • A big party or small gathering?
  • What’s worse: laundry or dishes?
  • Toilet paper: over or under?
  • International vacation or a new TV?
  • Ninjas or pirates?
  • Dine in or delivery?
  • Cups in the cupboard: right side up or upside down?
  • More important in a partner: intelligence or humour?

The cocktail party from Tyson’s perspective

Tyson soon found himself in the living room of the house. Despite the open plan, it felt a lot smaller with the 20 contestants scattered around. He saw Nova sitting on the couch, fiddling with her hair. She was surrounded by a few other people, but didn’t appear to be engaging in any conversations yet. Tyson walked over to her and put his hand out. “Nova, can I steal you away for a chat?”
“…Really? Yes, but I’m a little surprised you asked me.” Nova stood too quickly and almost whacked her head into Tyson’s.
Tyson chuckled a bit, then lead her just outside the living room, not going too far away from the crowd. “Why would you be surprised? With an entrance like that, you’re going to be hard to forget.”
Her face started heating up. “It was so embarrassing. I made a right fool of myself. In front of the nation too.” She gestured to the cameras.
“Oh, come on… Others were worse.” Tyler thought back to the one contestant who had intentionally dressed up in a raincoat and rain boots. “It’s not so bad. Why else would I be here talking to you?”
Her cheeks became a deeper shade of pink. Staying quiet a second to take a few quick breaths. “I… I don’t know… Why… why else would you talk to me?”
“I simply wanted to get to know you… Preferably while you’re standing this time.”
She giggled. “…Okay, I’m… a drama and music teacher, who loves directing the school’s musical performances in Nashville, Tennessee. I like dogs and… ah… ah choo.” She sneezed and projected nasal mucus all over her hands. Her cheeks deepened in colour as she looked at them and then back up at Tyson. “S-Sorry, I might need to wash my hands.”
“Um… Yeah. I think I’ll go and speak to some others while you’re gone. Enjoy the rest of your night.” She nodded shyly.

Jace spotted Tyson coming back toward the crowd and decided to intercept before he got there. “Hey, I don’t have anymore breadstick, but I wondered if I could have a moment with you in the kitchen?”
“Not a problem,” Tyson agreed, as they started making their way. “So the breadsticks you made?”
Jace walked through the kitchen and to the fridge, grabbing out a couple of beers and offering one to Tyson. “Here. Thought you might be a little dry.”
“Cheers,” he said, accepting the drink. “So why did you come on this show? How come you haven’t found love yet?”
Jace took a swig of beer from the bottle, then paused to take a breath. “I’ve faced a tragedy with my family that has left me unfocused on love. I’m here to change that.”
Tyson felt a little awkward at the mention of a tragedy. It was far too early in the game to start to expect contestants to open up and reveal personal things just yet. “Well, I hope being here will help you find the change you’re looking for. Perhaps throughout this experience, you can tell me a bit more about your story… When you’re ready, of course. For now, I’m afraid I’ll have to take this drink to go. There’s a lot more people I need to speak to before the rose ceremony.” Jace nodded and raised his bottle in cheers.

Tyson walked back through to the living room and sat down on the couch beside Connor. The couch was shaped like an L and Tori and Logan were sitting diagonally across from them. “Mind if I join?”
Connor smiled and nodded, but Tori was the one to answer, with a small shrug, “It’s your party you can… do what you want to.”
“Isn’t it, cry if you want it?”, Logan queried.
“Do you really want him to cry, Logan?”, Tori responded.
Connor butted in, “I don’t think anyone does. Are you feeling overwhelmed, Tyson?”
“Not enough to cry,” he joked. “But you’ve got me all thinking now, are any of you into music?”
“Imagine Dragons forever, I’ve seen them live five times,” Tori blurted out.
“Anything aesthetic,” Logan said, and Tori raised her brows. “Having a relaxing melody that you can chill to.”
“Oh, cool. I’ve seen them live too, but only the once,” he said to Tori. “I’m into R&B myself.” Tori smiled and leaned over Connor to high-five Tyson.
Connor laughed as they high-fived over him. “Well, I can’t say I’m a fan of that group, nor R&B. I’m more of a remix kind of guy.”
“Oh, really? I can’t stand remixes. They’re too auto-tuned and robotic sounding.” Connor tightened his lips, looking a little disheartened.
Adrian was at Tyson’s side before the conversation restarted again. Her wall of confidence was back up again. “I just saw the bachelorette and some guy come back inside, and now it’s free, I’m requesting your time out there.”
“Sorry guys, you’ll have to excuse me,” he said to the three on the couch as he stood up. “How could I turn down your offer?” He took Adrian’s hand, the other still holding his drink, and lead the way outside.

Adrian watched their hands as they stepped outside, she didn’t want him to let go, it was comfortable. She looked up at him as they stopped. “So, it’s a height thing, isn’t it?”
Tyson raised an eyebrow. “What’s a height thing?”
She brought her other hand up to cover her face and laughed. “I forgot I said half of that sentence in my head. I meant the reason you’re still single. I can only imagine that it’s because you’re so tall.”
“If that’s my only physical flaw, then I’m not doing too bad, right?” He joked. Gesturing for Adrian to sit down in one of the chairs, he turned more sincere. “Were you actually wanting a real explanation though?”
“I definitely can’t complain about what I’m looking at, Charming,” she joked, turning a little flirty. She dropped his hand and placed herself in one of the chairs on the square patch of lawn. “It depends on if you’re willing to share.”
He laughed, sitting down in the chair adjacent to hers. “It’s not a huge secret. I just travel a lot. Makes it hard to settle down when I’m away at sea for most of the year.”
“Away at sea?” She attempts a pirate accent, “Aye aye matey, a sea captain, are ya? Aren’t your hands too soft for that?”
“Do captains not have soft hands?”, he asked rhetorically. “I sing on a cruise ship actually. What is it that you do?”
She nods enthusiastically. “I can’t say, then I’d have to kill you.” She laughed. “No, I’m a little jealous of you actually. I’m a self-employed singer. Meaning that I work many jobs while busking and trying to gig as much as possible.”
“You’re living the American dream.”

Standing in the doorway, stood Lara, staring at them. “…I was… would you… can I ask to…”
“Did you want to join Adrian and I, or…?”
Lara’s voice remained low, even though she did move from her position, “…I was hoping that I could, perhaps, speak with you alone.”
Tyson looked to Adrian and offered a smile. “I will see you later tonight then.” He stood up and walked over to Lara.
Lara gave him a sweet smile fluttered her lashes, and walked right past him, brushing against his arm as she did so. She headed to the opposite end of the courtyard to where they could talk away from all the noise.
“Would you like to start by telling me how you knew so many things about me earlier?” He asked, now standing beside her.
Turning to face him, he gave a shy smile and took shallow breaths. “Well… I’m psychic. I get a sense for these things. I guess you would call it mind-reading, but that’s not really what I’m doing.”
“That’s really interesting… And definitely not what I was thinking you’d say. Can you predict things that are going to happen or communicate with ghosts?”
“I have been contacted by the spiritual world… only twice mind you. I mostly just make predictions, a fortune teller."
“In that case, you probably know what I’m about to ask you next… Do you know if I find love at the end of this?”
She lowered her eyes to her shoes. “If only it worked like that. I’ve tried, I promise, but I just can’t get the psychic energy to work for my every whim.”
“Oh well. I guess it was worth a shot.”

There was a chill in the air and Tyson escorted Lara back inside. As soon as he stepped in through the door, Kim, the girl he’d whistled at, was in front of him. “Tiana seems to have run off, so I thought the two best looking people here should have another, more private talk.”
“Not to sound arrogant, but I assume you’re referring to me?” He wasn’t sure who Tiana was though. Maybe that was one of the contestants who hadn’t offered up their names.
“Yes, of course I am.” She squeezed his arm flirtatiously. “Where shall we go? What’s out there like at this time of night?”
“Why don’t I show you?” With Kim on his arm, he walked outside yet again. “Let me know if it gets too cold for you.”
“I wore this, and I’m from Incheon, the city not the airport, so do you think I feel the cold?”, she replied.
“Well, how am I to know? Some people sacrifice comfort for beauty… You must be incredibly uncomfortable, in fact.”
“And why would you think that?” She moved in front of him, inching closer. “This is one of the most comfortable dresses I own, it just… slides down my body.”
“That’s risky for the first night, no? Wouldn’t want it sliding off in front of the wrong person…”
She slowly ran her thumb under her dress’ spaghetti strap. “That’s what these are for. To stop that from happening."
“Shame, maybe later then.” Tyson was only half-joking. He finished his drink off. “I’m sorry to cut this short, but I really should try and speak to more people before the rose ceremony.” Kim just nodded. She was too surprised by his risque remark to say anything back.

Tyson walked back inside finding Aria, Axel and Maxon in a group together, Maxon had returned to the group after talking to Vanessa, and he’d also brought over Jason too. Aria blurted out upon seeing Tyson, “Tyson, IWas WonderingWhenYouWouldShowUp. I’veBeenWantingTalkToYouAgain!”
“Talk?”, Axel repeated. “I knew I talked a lot, but this is…”
“…Ridiculous,” Jason continued.
Then Maxon asked, “Say, Tyson, you don’t happen to have a gag, do you?”
“A gag? No, sorry. Funnily enough, when I was packing it just wouldn’t fit with everything else in my suitcase, so I had to leave it at home.”
“Ha ha ha,” Aria mocked them irritably.
“Are you tired of conversing with everyone yet?”, Jason asked. “I’m sure you want nothing more than to climb into bed right now.”
Tyson let out a bit of a chuckle. “Not yet. I’m a bit of a night owl myself and the anticipation of starting this experience has been building up for a while now, so it’s just exciting to meet everyone.”
Axel remarked, “Well, I’ll just say that we’re just as excited to start this experience with you too. I just wish we had more time to talk with you.”
“Well, we’re all talking now… Let’s make the most of it, shall we?” Tyson paused for a second. “Ok, how about this… What animal would you all say represents you and why?”
Aria started again, but this time she was trying to slow down. “IThink… IWouldHave… ToSay…”
“A howler monkey,” Maxon interjected.
Jason said, “Nah, a dolphin.”
Axel also added, “Perhaps a Kookaburra.” Aria crossed her arms and pouted.
Tyson had to try hard to hold back a laugh. “Were any of their guesses what you were going to say?”
“Well, no,” she said. “IWasGoing ToSay AnOtter. TheyAre ReallyActiveAndLively, AsWellAsReallyCute.”
“Sounds pretty accurate from what I’ve seen from you so far.” She agreed and was about to continue when another interrupted.

Jay had walked over to Tyson, “Hello again, Tyson. I was wondering if I could have a word with you in private.”
“Sure,” he said to Jay. He farewelled the group and walked with Jay over to the kitchen. “I could use another drink before the rose ceremony. How about yourself?” He asked, opening the fridge door.
“Yes, thanks. Another one will probably calm the nerves. I can’t believe there will be people going home so soon.”
Tyson grabbed another two beers and passed one to Jay. “At least you’re not responsible for sending them home.”
“Thanks.” he took the bottle and popped off the cap. “I don’t envy you there. Making decisions after only 5-minute conversations is going to be tough.”
“I’m hoping that means no one will be too upset if they go home though. I think it’s going to get harder once…” He stopped, not sure how to continue that sentence. “I guess once we’re emotionally invested.”
“Yeah…” Jay hadn’t thought that far ahead. “I just hope you managed to wean out the ones only here for fame.” He sips his beer and gags slightly.
“Oh, you’re right. I wasn’t even thinking about that.” Hadn’t Adrian said she was a struggling musician? What if she was only here to get her name out there? “Do you reckon there are signs I should be looking out for?”
I really shouldn’t drink but I’m so anxious, Jay thought. “I don’t know about signs, but I’m happy to be your little in-house spy if you keep me round.” This will help to narrow out the competition, too, for me to sneak into his heart.
Before Tyson could reply, John Doe’s voice could be heard “…Ceremony…”
“Sounds like you’re about to find out whether I’ll take you up on that offer.”

RPers with characters...

@alyssagreene, @Kale, @puma, @annaclaire721, @Tellyg47, @Littlefeets, @EpisodeLover_13, @candyxcx, @Coolepisodes, @Ella, @BrookieK, and @KBaldi93

Question: (Please PM both of us)
How would each of your characters react to finding out they’re going on a group date with Tyson or Vanessa?
How would each of your characters react to finding out they’re going on an individual date with Tyson or Vanessa?

The cocktail party from Vanessa’s perspective

When Vanessa entered the house, she was amazed for two reasons. One, at how much smaller it looked on the inside, and two, for the Mad Men-themed decor. It looked like she’d been transported to the late 1960s. It was not to her taste. Why could they just have designed a nice, modern house? She sighed.

Vanessa scoured the crowded room until she spotted her over by the drinks cabinet. Making her way over, through the crowd, to Piper. “So how about that drink?”
“You didn’t waste any time finding me,” Piper said coyly. “What’s your poison?”
“Maybe I’m just in need of a drink?”, she retorted with a tiny smirk. “I don’t suppose you know what a Caesar is, nor would they have the ingredients. I’ll have a rum.”
“Rum it is then.” She placed a glass on the counter ready for Vanessa’s drink, and a wine glass for herself. She did a quick search through the various bottles until she found the rum. “I’m more of a red wine person myself,” she said as she started to pour Vanessa’s drink.
“I’m more of a beer girl myself, but I didn’t think it’d go with the dress.”
Piper nodded, then handed Vanessa her drink and started to pour herself a glass of Shiraz.
“Thanks for the drink,” Vanessa said with a nod. “Might talk to you later then.” She turned away before her reply and into the crowd of contestants talking.

Walking past one group talking, narrowly missing one trying to get her attention, Vanessa quickly grabs the attention of the girl she’d talked to with weird, grey hair. “Hey,” she said abruptly. “Sorry, was it Andrea or Adrian?”
“It’s Adrian. How did you enjoy meeting all the other contestants, Aurora?”
Vanessa appeared slightly shocked by the name, but only because she’d forgotten which name she’d given her. “Honestly, it got a little tiresome. I was expecting crazier intros.” Then she added, “but people were nice.”
Adrian listened intently. “So if you were a contestant on this, what kind of crazy intro would you have prepared?”
Vanessa pursed her lips, thinking. “I would try for something different, something to set me apart while also being myself. I’d come prepared with a few topics to debate.”
“But you can still do that as the Bachelorette, can’t you?” She paused. “Have you?”
“Oh, no, I’m far too unprepared to do that.”
Adrian was about to respond when Aria had crept up behind her.
“I SeeYou’reUpForTalkingNow. TheCatMustHaveBeenKind. DoYouMindIf I Interrupt?” She directed her question only at Vanessa, basically ignoring Adrian’s presence.
Vanessa gave a small nod to Adrian before turning to look past Aria. “How about I have a quick chat with your group instead?” She looked at Axel, then eyed Maxon and walked over, passing Aria. “Come along.”

It wasn’t exactly the type of talk she was hoping for with Vanessa, but Aria followed her anyway. Maxon was the first to speak, which annoyed Aria. She was the one who had first approached her, after all. “So where are you from?” he asked.
Vanessa took a sip from her glass of rum. “I’m from Ontario, Canada. More specifically, a little place called Burnstown. Where are you three from?”
“I’mFromPhoenix,Arizona,” Aria replied almost as soon as Vanessa had finished her question. No one was getting a chance to speak before she did.
“My hometown is the city of love,” Axel chimed in, and Vanessa finally noticed the underlying French accent. How she hadn’t, being from French Canada, was beyond her.
“And it turns out I’m just a little over four hours away from you. Toronto,” Maxon added.
This triggered a small smile on Vanessa’s face. She looked at both Aria and Axel. “Excuse me.” Then straight ahead at Maxon. “Would you like to talk privately out there?”
“Love to.”

She followed him outside. Walking on the large paving stones, around the square patch of lawn and fancy garden furniture, to stand next to the pool, overlooking the city. “Wow, Hollywood looks amazing from here. So besides this show, what brings you to the States?”
“I moved here for work, after I finished university. I’m a paediatrician. What about yourself? Do you still live in Canada or are you here permanently?”
She stared at him. “You’re messing with me, right? A paediatrician? I’m a midwife.” She looked back at the horizon. “Living in Canada, but was doing a belated gap year, touring the states, when I got chosen for this.”
“These are some crazy coincidences. So a midwife? You probably get asked this a lot, I know I do, but does being around babies all day make you want a family of your own or turn you off the idea?”
Staring ahead, she pursed her lips. “I do get asked this and I have thought about it. Well, I guess I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t want one.”
“I disagree. You could be here just to find your soulmate.” He turned back to look at the crowd still inside. “Should I let you get back to mingling?”
She didn’t reply at first but eventually turned. “Maybe. Thank you.” She moved closer, putting her hand on the back of his neck to pull it down. She kissed his cheek and let go, heading inside.

Still cradling her drink, she walked past the various groups and Tyson in the living room and walked over to the dining table. There sat Jace, Julian, and Nicolas. “Hey boys, can I join or is there a ‘no girls’ ban?”
Julian was first to speak. “You’re more than welcome to join…”
“We were just talking about the movie, It ,” Jace informed.
“I was asking if the original was better or worse than the remake. I liked the remake better personally.”
She sat next to Julian, opposite Nicolas. “Originals are clearly better, no discussion needed… unless they’re in black and white. Movies are not better in black and white.”
“I think we can all agree with that,” added Jace.
“What about poetry? What are your thoughts on that?” Julian asked thoughtfully.
“That they exist,” Vanessa joked lightly but turned serious again rather quickly. “I like wordy, long-versed ones. Like Sonnets, but mainly epics.”
“Poetry’s a dying art form.” The blunt tone Nicolas spoke with surprised Jace and Julian a bit. “Nowadays, poetry’s created only in the form of song lyrics or raps.”
Vanessa turned to him with an equally serious tone. “So would you rap Shakespeare, or Edgar Allen Poe’s The Raven, or even the Bible. All of which are constantly retold, and not as a song.”
I wouldn’t, no. I’m sure other people would dare to try though. I was meaning that no one who writes poetry today - original content, that is - intends for it to be just poetry. It’s always lyrics now.”
“Not always,” Julian interjected. “Poetry is still getting published today. You’re probably just not seeing it… Probably only listening to music by the sounds of it.”
“Exactly, Julian is right,” she remarked. “We have plenty of contemporary poets these days. How about Wendy Cope, Andrew Motion, or Douglas Dunn, just to name a few.”
Danny had been standing behind Vanessa, patiently waiting for their group conversation to come to an end, but when it looked like that wasn’t going to happen, he decided to interrupt. He cleared his throat. “Excuse me all. Would you mind if I steal you away?” He directed it at Vanessa.
Vanessa turned. “Can you give me a good reason as to why I should leave this conversation and go talk with you?”
“Because I’ll talk back.” He was referring to the first conversation he had with her, he had promised to talk to her.
“Alright boys, we will continue this later,” she assured them as she stood, leaving her empty glass on the table.

Making her way over to Danny, she held her hand out to him. “So where are we going to have this talk then, Dan?”
“Well, I haven’t had a chance to see the whole house yet, so we’ll have to do a little exploring,” he half-shrugged, taking her hand. Vanessa nodded, allowing him to lead her. They walked through the crowded living room and into the corridor back near the front door. Along it, they past bedrooms and bathroom, a makeup room, and a confessional.
“Looks like there’s only one bathroom here to share between all the contestants,” Dan observed. “That should make showering interesting. Where are you staying? Is it much different?”
Dropping his hand, her eyes widen. “Make things interesting? You’re planning to hit it off with other people in this competition?”
“What? No!” Dan was clearly shocked at how she had jumped to this conclusion. “I was referring to how quickly the hot water will run out. I’m sure we’ll be at each other’s necks to get to the front of the line for the shower.”
“Oh. I just don’t… no, don’t you worry.” She walked round him and the corridor.
“Don’t worry? What were you going to say?” Now who was the one not talking? Dan thought to himself.
Vanessa turned swiftly, her hair bounced as she did so. “Fine, Dr… Talkative. I’ll tell you.” She sounded irritated, but she wasn’t, not really. “I’m not very trusting, alright? That’s why this show is going to be hard for me. And why I don’t share or open up easily.” Looking away from his eyes, she wondered, Why am I telling him all this?
“Maybe you’re thinking of it the wrong way… No one’s forcing you to become overly trusting. But maybe if you find someone here you can open up to, that will, in turn, make your final decision easier.”
A tiny smirk crossed her face and she came closer, pressing herself up against him to whisper, “I opened myself up to you then, didn’t I? Maybe I do need to keep you around.” Giving him one last look before heading back to the living room.

Back in the living room, she walked round the couch, seeing Tori sitting there. Going up behind her, Vanessa touched shoulders and whispered in her ear, “Care to get another drink with me, m’lady?”
She felt goosebumps from Vanessa whispering in her ear. She turned slightly so she was facing her a bit. “Absolutely. Lead the way, Belle.”
They walked over to the drinks cabinet, where she set out two glasses and started pouring rum into one. “What would you like?”
“Is there any tequila lying around here?”
Vanessa looked at the bottles they had, there weren’t many but there were a few. Grabbing the bottle of tequila, she poured a triple into the glass and put the bottle back, then picking up each glass for them. “Cheers to finding a soulmate.”
Tori took her glass from Vanessa and clinked it with hers. “Cheers.” She downed her drink in one. “Do you do much travelling?”
“I do. I was doing the states before coming here but had only made the east coast. The rest, and the world, has yet to come.”
“So would that be what you want to do after the show? Continue to travel? With your soulmate, of course.”
“Yes.” she nodded. “I don’t mind if its right away, or just occasional holiday, as long as it happens. What about you?”
“Well, I definitely have caught the travel bug. I’m a flight attendant and I can never seem to live in the same place for more than two years. There’s just so much out there to see and experience.”
“Wow, I can’t say that I’m not jealous. You going to have to tell me more about all of those experiences later.”

Vanessa took a step back as she bumped into Juniper. “Ow!” Juniper was more startled than she was hurt. “Are you ok?”
“Fine, fine. How about I make it up to you and we go talk to those two over there,” she said, pointing over to Lara and Pavitra.
“That suits me,” Juniper agreed. They walked over to Lara and Pavitra.
Lara looked like she was deep in concentration. “5’5, I’d say.” She then noticed the presence of Vanessa and Juniper. “Just an inch shy of our Bachelorette, I believe. Am I correct?”
Vanessa raised her eyebrows. “5’5? Uh, I think that’s correct. I’m about 5’6.”
“That’s amazing. Can you guess bra sizes too?” Pavitra asked, fascinated.
“I wasn’t guessing anything,” Lara replied. “And I didn’t have to bribe anyone for my intel either.” She winked at Vanessa.
“So you’re a stalker?” Juniper guessed.
Vanessa was still sceptical. “Okay, Lara, my turn. It is Lara, right? Let’s see if I can have a go this so-called mind-reading you do.”
“By all means, take a stab at it. I must say if you are gifted enough to be successful, I’ll be very impressed.”
“Okay.” She moved her fingers to her head and rubbed her temples dramatically. “Well, starting with the obvious, you’re name is Lara… Smith and you’re a psychic. I believe that you’re 23, you like a salad with a cup of tea, and your favourite film is Eat Pray Love.”
“That was a nice attempt, honey, but don’t be in a rush to quit your day job.”
“So did she get any correct?” Juniper asked.
“She’s a psychic. That one was right, yes?” Pavitra looked to Lara for confirmation, who nodded. “And your age too, I’m guessing.”
Lara shook her head at this. “21.”
“21?”, Juniper asked startled. “You’re looking for love at 21? I’m 29.” To Juniper, this was her last chance to find love. Surely a 21-year-old didn’t have the right reasons to be here.
“Fascinating,” Vanessa commented, not paying attention, as her eyes were elsewhere. “What a baby you are. Listen, sorry ladies, I’ve just spotted someone I’ve been looking for all night. I must talk with them before the rose ceremony.”

Vanessa walked over to the woman standing over by the door. “You’re a hard person to find, Miss Chelsea.”
“Well, I knew how much you were looking forward to all the mundane and normal conversations with the others. I hope this is you saving the best for last.”
“I hope so. I’ve been looking forward to this all night. So, have you managed to remember my name?”
“Of course, Nessa. You’re not one I’d let myself forget easily.” The Bachelor on the other hand… She still couldn’t remember his name.
“Happy to hear it.” She turns to look at the crowd. “So, who do you think are the crazies here, and who do you think the competition is?”
“Honestly? The front-runner has got to be the one dressed as Paddington Bear. That’s hard to compete with,” she said sarcastically. “Chatty Cathy must be up there too since no one else can get a word in. From my experience, the craziest ones will be the ones you least suspect. They’ll probably reveal themselves when you’re down to the final six.”
Vanessa put her hand to her face, careful not to smudge her glasses. “Don’t say that.” She moved her hand and took a gulp of rum. Then asked her with a smile, “Wait, are you revealing your plan for when you make it to the final six?”
“Wait, are you revealing your plan to keep me around until the final six?”
Vanessa pressed her lips together to try to stop herself from smiling too massively. Luckily, before she had a chance to embarrass herself by answering, John Doe’s voice sounded out “The Rose Ceremony is about to start, time to head out to the garden.”

RPers with characters...

@alyssagreene, @Kale, @puma, @annaclaire721, @Tellyg47, @Littlefeets, @EpisodeLover_13, @candyxcx, @Coolepisodes, @Ella, @BrookieK, and @KBaldi93

Question: (Please PM both of us)
If your character(s) is chosen for a date, what is one question or topic you’d discuss with Tyson? And one question or topic you’d discuss with Vanessa?

The Elimination

“Hello again,” John Doe said. He was standing out in the garden, the location where Vanessa was earlier. “It is time for our first elimination. We have 20 contestants waiting and hoping to be given one of the 16 roses from our Bachelor or Bachelorette, Tyson or Vanessa. They will give 8 roses each.”
The camera pans over the contestants. Some looking anxious, but most looked confused and shocked by Vanessa’s name. They were standing where Vanessa had previously stood, except a larger piece of red carpet now lay there to, to fit all the contestants.
“Yes, only 16. Four of you will be leaving tonight.” John paused for dramatic effect. “If your name is called, then make your way down here to collect your rose. Once you have it, go stand on the red carpet, over there, next to the house.”

He looked over at Vanessa. “Now, Vanessa, you’re first. Are you ready?”
“No,” she gulped. She picked up a rose from the table to her right, in between her and Tyson. “Well, I think this person knows that they’re getting my first rose. So, will you accept this rose, Chelsea?”
Chelsea walked up to Vanessa and took the rose. “Of course I will.” She thanked her with a kiss on the cheek, causing another elusive Vanessa smile, and made her way to the carpet near the house.

Tyson’s turn now. He picked up a rose from the table. “Kim, will you accept this rose?”
Kim walked over to him. “Yes. I knew this dress would work wonders.” She fluttered her lashes as she joined Chelsea.

Vanessa already held another rose. “I would really like to continue our friendly argument. So, Nicolas?”
Slightly surprised, Nicolas walked over to Vanessa. “Thank you,” he said, taking the rose. Who would have thought having a friendly argument with the Bachelorette would have secured him a rose.

Picking up his next rose, Tyson scanned the contestants, looking for her. “Adrian,” he said, locking his eyes with hers. “Will you accept this rose?”
She smiled, making her way over. “You bet, Charming” She kissed his cheek and walked off, rose in hand.

“Well, anyone who gets me a drink deserves a rose. So, Piper, will you accept this rose?”
Once Piper got up there, she asked, “Is that really all it takes?” Piper whispered cheekily, accepting the rose. Vanessa nodded and Piper joined the others.

“My next rose…” Tyson bent over to pick up the next rose. “I’d like to give to Jace.”
Jace beamed, he was so happy that when he reached Tyson, he kissed his cheek. If the girls could do it, why couldn’t he? “I told you that food was the way to a man’s heart,” he told him as he walked off.

Vanessa picked up another rose. “This rose is for my fellow Canadian, Maxon.”
Maxon happily walked over to collect his rose. “Thanks, Ariel.” He winked at her and then joined the others.

Tyson reached for another rose. “You’ve probably already seen this coming… Lara, will you accept my rose?”
Lara was quite surprised, she hadn’t predicted this. As she walked over, she told him, “Yes, of course, but as I said earlier, I can’t predict everything.” She walked out of shot.

She already held the next rose. “Another serious talker, like me. Axel, will you accept this rose?”
Axel made his way up to Vanessa. “Oui oui,” he said as she passed him the rose. He walked over to the group of other rose receivers.

Tyson smiled at himself, knowing what he was about to say would embarrass the person he wanted to give the next rose to. “Nova,” he started, with the rose in his hand. “Will you accept this rose without tripping and hurting yourself?”
Nova instantly put her head. She was smiling but trying to hide her reddening face. Slowly and carefully making her way to him, not looking up, and bumped into the rose table. “Almost,” she smiled and then joined the others.

“Since I told you that I needed to keep you round, Dan, will you accept this rose?”, Vanessa asked as she spun the stem between her fingers.
Dan nodded from his spot before he walked over to Vanessa. “Thank you,” he said, before kissing Vanessa on the cheek. He took his rose and walked to his spot.

With his next rose in hand, Tyson called the next name. “This next rose is for Tori.”
Tori came forward to accept the rose. “Thanks. Now I’ll really have to tell you the reason for the gift next time we talk.” She then left to join the others.

Picking up the thirteenth rose, she looked at the dwindling group, locking eyes with one. “I’m glad you agreed with me on many of my points, but you can rebut too. So, to give you another chance at getting to know you, Julian, will accept this rose?”
Julian made his way up to Vanessa. “I sure will, thank you.” He accepted the rose to join the others.

Tyson was starting to feel the pressure now. He picked up one of the three remaining roses. “Connor, will you accept this rose?”
When he got to Tyson, he took the rose. “Yeah, I will. I know this was probably because we have different tastes in music, but remember, opposites attract.”

Vanessa picked up her last rose and looked at the six remaining contestants. She didn’t feel guilty, but she felt a little bad for them. “My last rose goes to… Juniper.”
Juniper let out a breath she hadn’t even realised she’d been holding. She carefully made her way to Vanessa and accepted the rose.

Only one rose remained on the table. Tyson picked it up, as the room stayed silent. He gave time for a long dramatic pause. Finally, he spoke. “Jay, will you accept this final rose?”
Jay almost skipped to Tyson, he was so relieved. “I absolutely will, and I’ll stick to what I said,” he told him before joining the fifteen.

John Doe steps in front of Vanessa and Tyson. “Logan, Aria, Pavitra and Jason, you did not receive a rose. It’s time to say your goodbyes and leave the house. Congratulations to the remaining 16. You all still have a shot at finding love.” He looks into the camera in front of him as the eliminated contestants move to say their farewells. “Good night, America. I’ve been John Doe, and see you next week on The Bachelor… Ette”

RPers with characters...

Date Card and The House

The next morning, Jace, Juniper, and Piper be found cooking up a storm in the kitchen. Chelsea, Connor, Danny, and Lara were just outside the door doing yoga, while was doing lengths in the pool. Tori was tucked up on the couch reading, and everyone else was either still in bed or in the process of showering.
The front door opened and John Doe entered the house. Nobody seemed to notice at first until he cleared his throat. Tori was the first to look up, then Juniper. Tori put down her book and called out in her loudest voice, so that not just the people down the hall could hear, but also those outside too. “John is here, everyone gets into the living room.”
Jace looked over at Tori from the kitchen. He took the frypan off the element just while John made his announcement. “Tori, you could have gone down the hall to tell everyone.”
“More fun this way.” She shrugged. “Plus, I’m much too comfortable right now.”
After no more than ten minutes, everyone had gathered in the living room, some wearing a minimal amount of clothing. The camera and John looked over the group before speaking. “Good morning. As you have probably guessed, the dates are starting today. But before I hand you this date card,” he said, holding up a small envelope. “I want to explain how the dates with having a bachelor and bachelorette this season. … Group dates will be one date with both the bachelor and bachelorette, whereas individual dates will be the same location but be separate from each other. The bachelor and bachelorette will each be deciding who goes on the dates evenly, and they’ll be taking turns, alternating each week, with who chooses the dates’ activities. This week Tyson is choosing the dates. Understood?” There are quiet mutterings and a few nods of heads before it goes quiet again. “Okay, Axel will read the first date card?”
Axel stood up from his place on the couch and walked up to John to accept envelope. He turns to face the group. Turning the envelope over in his hands, he slowly pulls the date card and reads out the names one by one. “Jace and Jay.” They both take a glanced at each other and smile.
“Connor.”
“Tyson, here I come,” Conner said excitedly.
“Only Tyson?” Juniper asked, crossing her arms and facing him.
Ignoring Juniper, Axel continued, “Tori and Maxon.” Tori’s eyes light up with glee, while Maxon simply gave a shy but happy smile.
“Adrian.”
Adrian tried to force a smile, but the struggle she experienced was evident to the rest of the contestants. “You could at least try to be happy about that,” Nova said.
“Nova.”
“See this is what happiness looks like,” Nova says, flaunting her grin.
“What’s there to be excited about with a date with this many people? It’s not a date, it’s a convention,” Piper chimes in.
Axel smirked, announcing the next name on the card. “Piper.”
“Have fun at the convention,” Nova said.
“We must be thankful.” Piper wasn’t convincing anyone with her attempt at gratitude. “I’m sure they have something amazing planned.”
“Not sure about amazing,” Axel continued. “Not sure what you’re even doing. It says, ‘Hey Boo-tiful. Let’s eat, drink, and be scary…’! What does that even mean?”
Nova and Piper were silent. Not a first for Nova, but definitely one for Piper. In fact, they were pretty quiet, thinking about what it could mean.

The group going on the date left just after lunch, leaving eight behind in the house, separated into smaller groups both inside and out. Axel was doing keep-me-ups with a soccer ball in the corner of the yard. “14… 15… 16… 7-” the ball went off course. It went soaring into Nicolas, bounced off him and into the pool.
Nicolas almost lost grip of his sketchbook from the shock of Axel’s ball. “Watch it,” he called out to him.
Feeling a little bit guilty, his accent became a little thicker. “I’m sorry.” He walked over to the edge of the pool. “It was an accident. Promise.”
“Well, you should be a little more careful next time. I almost dropped my sketchbook into the pool.”
“I am sorry.” Axel leapt down into the pool, fully clothed, to retrieve the ball. “What are you sketching anyway?”
Nicolas hesitated before answering. “Just some landscapes. Whatever I can see from this spot.”
“Sounds like a neat hobby.” Once grabbing the ball, he walks over to Nicolas and jumps up on the edge, sitting next to him. “Can I see what you’re working on?”
“If you want,” Nicolas said, shrugging. He tilted his sketchbook to reveal his latest work to Axel. It was of the view, everything from the rolling hills to the centre of Hollywood, which sat at the horizon.
Axel let out a low whistle of amazement. “The detail you have in there is incredible.”

On the small square patch of lawn between the house and pool, Chelsea and Kim were stretched out on chairs, sunbathing. Kim wore tight, denim, short shorts, a bikini top, and had dark shades covering her eyes. She was bent over rubbing sunscreen over her legs. “How confident do you feel being called first?”, she asked.
“Well, I wasn’t surprised I was first on their list. I already knew I had made a great first impression and now the whole house knows it too.”
“We’re probably the most loathed people in the house right not. We should probably stick together.”
Chelsea pondered this for a moment. “You’re right. The two front-runners will have to look out for each other. We probably have targets on our backs already.”
Kim sat up and began applying sunscreen to the top half of her body. “Yes, and it will probably be worse if we are…” Her words drifted off.
“If we are sunburnt,” Chelsea finished for her. “Pass me that, would you? I want to get roses, not be the same colour as one.”
“Probably.” Kim laughed and handed the sunscreen over. “But what I was going to say was it would be worse in the house if we get chosen for the individual dates.” She hoped she would, but knew it was unlikely.
“Well, that might be true,” she said as she started to apply the sunscreen. “But I didn’t exactly come here to make friends anyway.”

Inside, sitting and talking at one end of the sofa was Danny, Julian, Juniper. At the other end was Lara, reading her book and listening in to their conversation. “So, what would you both be doing right now if you weren’t here?”, Danny asked.
“I’d probably have an audition to be at,” Juniper said casually.
“I’m assuming that’s work related?” Julian asked. “I’d probably be painting or writing poetry. I guess I could still write poetry here though.”
Danny nodded along, listening. “There’s a lot of artists here. You’ll probably find you’ll have a mini competition just against the artists at some stage.”
“Or maybe it means that Tyson and Vanessa have a thing for artists and you’ll both need to watch your back.”
Juniper scoffed. “I’ll be fine. Singing, acting and dancing are all forms of art too… And no offence, but they’re a little more entertaining than looking at a drawing for a few seconds.”
Danny said nothing and just sat there listening. But after listening to the three for some time, Lara chimed in, “I believe that all 20 contestants that we started the show with, weren’t chosen by the bachelor and bachelorette. The producers were the ones to do it.”
“But for those of us who made it past the first night… That was their choice. It had nothing to do with the producers,” Julian replied.
“And you don’t think any of the four were artists?” She closed her book and lay it on her lap.
“I guess they could have been.”
“Do you still think artists have the upper hand then?”, Juniper asked.
“Well, if there really is as many as Danny made it seem, then maybe. But the truth is none of us really know what Vanessa or Tyson are looking for anyway.”
Lara smiled. “I don’t know about that, you can learn a lot about people just by listening to them and watching their mannerisms.”
“This early on?” Julian quizzed.
“I don’t feel like I’ve had enough time with either of them to pick up on that,” Juniper added.
Danny leaned forward slightly. “I think what Lara is saying is that you don’t necessarily have to spend time with them to watch them from afar.” Lara smiled and nodded.
“Well, I’ll be watching them from very far away if I’m not on one the single dates either.” Juniper tried hard not to sound bitter about missing out on the group date. She would much rather the single date anyway.
“If you’re not, just make sure you talk with them at the cocktail party. Especially Vanessa, I learnt that the hard way.” That was Danny’s strategy for the show, though he wasn’t sure why he was telling them this. He just hoped that he was going on a date tomorrow.
“Thanks for the tip. I’m sure I can find time with at least one of them… If I’m not already picked for the single date, that is.” Everyone started thinking about the single dates after she spoke.

Tagged...

The Group Date

The limo pulled up to Spookers; a multi-facilitated, year-round, Halloween attraction. Tyson and Vanessa were standing out front, waiting for them. Tyson wore a pair of faded blue jeans and a brown v-neck t-shirt. Vanessa, on the other hand, wore black skinny jeans, which were speckled with white paint, and a maroon and black checkered shirt with the sleeves rolled up to her elbow.
The eight hopped out of the limo and made their way over to Tyson and Vanessa to stand in front of them. Jace gave Tyson a little wink, while both Maxon and Piper smiled at Vanessa. Tyson gave a warm smile back to Jace. Vanessa noticed them smiling at her but didn’t react to it. Then she saw Jace’s wink at Tyson and thought, Hmm… interesting. Tyson has already connected with Jace. Goodbye Jace.
“Suppose you’ve noticed we’re standing out the front of Spookers. One of California’s scariest tourist attractions. I’ve decided to bring you all here for today’s date so that we can all tick this one off our bucket lists… As a group, we’ll be going into a maze.”
Vanessa rolled her eyes, then pinched the bridge of her nose. Looking back up at everyone, she pushed her glasses back up her nose and asked, “So who is excited about going into a maze?”
“I’m up for seeing if they can scare me,” Connor answered first, and Jace nodded along as if to agree.
“And I’m down for the adventure,” Adrian added on. Piper gave a small clap to show her excitement.
“Good, that makes it easy,” Vanessa said. “The four of you can go through the maze with Tyson here since he’s also really keen on going through it.”
“And the rest of you scaredy cats can spend hours shuffling through the maze with Vanessa… You’ll really get the maximum amount of torture that way.” Tyson laughed.
She stared daggers at him. “It’s such a pity I couldn’t send you home yesterday. But be careful, you’re giving away what type of lover you are and, just so you know, speed isn’t everything.” She looked at the group and then back at Tyson. “Go on, run along then.” She made a flicking gesture as if to shoo him.
Tyson joined the group of contestants, but not before shooting Vanessa a quick glare. “So shall we start?”, he asked them. With some nodding and agreeing, the four followed Tyson to the maze entrance.

It was a large maize maze. The plants stood at about seven feet and there was no possible way to see over it. It was late evening and getting darker. Adrian looked at the entrance and then at Tyson. “I hope you boys are going to be brave enough to protect us from whatever is in there,” she flirted.
“Come on Adrian,” Tyson said, moving to stand beside her. “You said you were down for the adventure. I’m sure you don’t need protecting.”
She smiled and stepped closer to him. This may be a group date, so that meant trying to make yourself known. “Oh, I’m up for an adventure, but it doesn’t mean I’ll lead the way. I’ll settle on doing it hand in hand.” Piper let out an exasperated sigh at her comment.
“Alright, but don’t squeeze too hard if you get scared,” he said, reaching for Adrian’s hand. He led the group inside the maze.
The wide path grew smaller as the five of them got further in, so Piper, Connor and Jace were forced to walk behind Tyson and Adrian. After following a slight curve in the path, they reach a fork. “Do any of you have a preference? Left or right?”, Tyson asked.
Jace was walking next to Connor and Piper behind them. Though she moved ahead of the group as Jace started to speak. “When in doubt, go right.”
Connor raised his brow toward him. “That’s a conservative approach.”
“But it is an answer, that’s good enough for me,” Tyson said. “Let’s go right.” Tyson let Piper lead the group to the right. Almost immediately after the group turned, a figure wearing a hockey mask and holding a chainsaw jumped out at them.
Or at least that’s exactly what it sounded like, but Piper knew better. She knew it was a leafblower, she’d been to these places before. “Jason, you’ve got smaller. I used to play as your friend, Freddie. But makeup was a bitch.” Piper hadn’t really noticed Jace almost jumped out of his skin.
Without saying anything to her, Tyson gave Adrian’s had a light squeeze as the figure ran past the group. “You’re way too calm, Piper. Didn’t you even get a little fright from that?”, he asked her, continuing along the path.
Piper shook her head and Connor spoke from behind Adrian. “What’s there to be scared of? We know what we’re in for and that they’re paid actors.”
Jace thought he heard a noise from behind and turned suddenly. “But being paid to jump out and make us scream at near darkness. That’s what to fear. I’d rather know what was coming and not be surprised.”
“It’s interesting you say that, Jace.” Tyson flinched at some shuffling noises coming from the thick corn hedge, but recovered quickly. Adrian would have probably been the only one to notice. “Is that your mantra for life too?”
Still looking around cautiously, Jace thought about the question a moment, Knowing what was coming certainly would have helped in the past. He could have stopped some things from happening too. “I believe it is,” he answered.
It had been quiet for a little while now and Connor and Piper seemed to be the only two who had noticed. Up ahead, standing side by side on the path facing the group, were the twins from The Shining. “Uh… I don’t think we can get past these two and there aren’t turns anywhere,” Connor stated.
“Where’s your optimism, Connor? There’s five of us and two of them. We can push past them, right?” Tyson looked to the rest of the group to see if they agreed.
“Of course, we can,” Piper backed Tyson up.
“It’s better than returning, that’s for sure.” Jace was still glancing at the rustling leaves coming from behind.
Adrian readjusted her hand in Tyson’s, “I say we continue, what can they do?” She gently pulled Tyson so that they could take the lead from Piper.
Now, back at the front, Tyson made a dash for it. Running in between the twins, he pulled Adrian behind him. Piper, Connor and Jace quickly followed. But so did the twins! The five ran, well, seven if you include the twins. Piper was surprisingly fast and agile. She darted ahead, leading the way left and right, past various other monsters and characters wanting to scare them. It was almost like something straight of Scooby Doo. Finally, she sneakily went left and left again, and had to pull the others in to hide because they hadn’t seen. The twin ran past and everyone panted, out of breath.
Once he caught his breath, Tyson started to laugh. “That was so exciting,” he said, stepping out of their hidden corner. “You all ready for round two?”
Adrian looked down at her hand, Tyson still held it. Pleased that this was the case, she was also worried that it wasn’t enough. Maybe he thought she was weak. She needed to be confident again, changing it up. She laced her fingers in his and smiled. “I’m ready to face whatever is next.”
Jace looked at their hands and wished he had done that. “Well, we have to.”
Connor was curious. “Say, what happens if they catch us? Does that mean we’re out and we fail the maze, or does nothing happen?”
Tyson shrugged. “We would die?” He flashed a grin so they would know he was only joking. But then thinking about it some more, he changed his tune. “We could always find out…”
Piper’s eyes widened. “You want to get caught on purpose? You don’t want to find the way out?”
“I don’t think that would lead us to not completing,” Jace added.
“Well, not all of us would have to get caught… Just one,” he explained to Piper. “But it’s a stupid idea. I doubt any of you’d want to sacrifice yourselves. I know I wouldn’t.”
“So it’s fair, why can’t we all do so?”, Connor asked. They were all talking quite loudly now.
Tyson thought about it for a moment. “I suppose we could.”
“So we just walk around until we find-” Jace was unable to finish his sentence, as he was grabbed from behind by evil Santa. Adrian too, was grabbed, but by Freddie Krueger. His faux knife hands crept over her face, stifling any scream she wanted to do, but she still held Tyson’s hand, just a little tighter. A 6’8 wrestler, dressed as Pennywise, planted his hands on Piper and Tyson’s shoulders. While bloody Mary held Connor back at the arms.
Two words sounded out from behind Freddie’s mask, “Maze Over!”

Vanessa looked at who was left: Maxon, Tori, Jay, and Nova. She blew her hair off her face. “Should have brought a hair tie. Oh well, let’s do this, I guess.” She started heading toward the maze.
Seeing nobody else take the lead, Tori picked up her pace to walk beside Vanessa. Maxon cursed to himself for not grabbing the opportunity for himself. He regretfully let Tori take this one, and he and Jay walked behind them instead. Nova remained at the back of the group. She had been really excited for the group date earlier, but the thought of people jumping out at her made her nervous.
“So I guess Halloween would not be your favourite holiday?” Tori asked Vanessa.
Vanessa looked next to her and was surprised to see Tori beside her, she thought it’d be Jay. “A commercialised day that was originally used to celebrate and talk with the dead, no thank you.”
“I bet Easter’s not your cup of tea either then. A life-size rabbit handing out chocolate to children to commemorate a death… There’s not much logic in that.”
“No, that’s commercialism that I can get behind. Who can say no to chocolate, it’s irresistible?”
“But you can also get chocolate during Halloween. It’s not like it’s exclusive to Easter.”
“Really? I thought candy corn was the most popular in the States. Though the dressing up is quite ridiculous as well.” She stopped as she reached the first junction.
“Most popular, probably. But that doesn’t mean it’s the only…” She trailed off as they stopped at the junction and waited for Maxon, Jay and Nova to reach them.
“Which way?” Nova asked nervously.
“To the left, to the left,” Maxon sang.
“Okay, let’s go to the left,” Vanessa said, waiting for the others to go past as she waited for Maxon. “You seem to be in a very jovial mood, how come?”
“I’m on a date with you. Granted, it’s not what I would have picked for a first date, but I’m still happy to be here nonetheless.”
“Hmm… it’s not what I would have picked either, I don’t think.” She seemed disappointed and uninterested at the same time. She made her way to the front of the group just as they reached the next corner. She turned right and called out, “Hey! Anyone who hears this, no need to try to scare us, we don’t want you to. But if anyone tries to jump out at me then I… oh boy… you will… just don’t do it.” The slight tremor in her voice made it sound less threatening.
“Y-yeah, I second that,” Nova called out nervously from the back. She then stumbled over a something and fell forward, knocking into Jay. Caught off guard, Jay lets out a short yelp and jogs to catch up to Vanessa at the front of the group.
“I’m so sorry,” Nova says sheepishly.
“Let’s just all try to get through this as quickly as possible,” he said, addressing the whole group.
Vanessa turned her head to see Nova tumble. “Are you okay there?” Then she turned back to Jay who was now next to her, “And how would you suggest we do that?” Just as she had asked this, they turned another corner and were faced with a hoard of half a dozen, slow-moving ’zombies’ coming toward them. Vanessa instantly screamed and threw herself at Jay, the closest able-bodied person.
Jay stumbled back a bit but steadied his footing in time to hold on to Vanessa.
“Maybe it’s time to turn around. It doesn’t look like left was the right way to go,” Tori suggested.
“Maybe it’s time to turn around and walk back out the entrance,” Nova countered, already stepping back as the zombies continued approaching. “We probably haven’t come far.”
“No,” Maxon dismissed them. “They’re walking slow, we should just run past.” He nudged Vanessa and Jay, urging them to move forward.
“Easy for you to say that when you’re not at the front,” Jay remarked. He moved to hold on to Vanessa’s hand and lead them. Maxon and Tori followed, sprinting past the zombies that were reaching out to grab them.
Frozen in her place was Nova, who was practically shaking in her boots. A zombie who had crept up close enough, reached out to poke her. She let out an ear-piercing scream before running past the rest of the zombies and joining the others.
Vanessa felt Jay’s hand in hers and decided not to pull away, but allowed him to lead her and a good distance away from Nova’s scream. The zombies didn’t follow, not that they turned back and saw this. Seeing a path to the left, she turned, pulling Jay in after her and not knowing if the others saw. Jay was pulled in and up against her as she pressed her back on the wall of corn. She panted lightly and slowly looked up into his eyes, holding her gaze. She lifted her other hand to run it through his hair.
Jay smirked, feeling confident now that he had this very small moment alone with Vanessa. Bless those zombies that had scared Vanessa straight into his arms .
She pushed up her glasses, which had slipped down her nose when they were running, and simpered. “This maze might have just become fun.”
Jay nodded. “I’ll try to make it worth your while,” he said flirtatiously, bringing his hands up to cup her face, he leaned in to kiss her. Her cheeks warmed where he touched them and her lips pulsated at his kiss. Her heart was beating fast, but she didn’t know if that was from running or from the kiss. As Jay pulled back, Vanessa’s eyes were wide with fear and she let out a muted scream. Behind Jay stood The Ring’s Samara. Vanessa gripped Jay’s shirt and pushed her head into his chest.
Back at the main path, Nova had finally composed herself.
“That’s quite a scream you’ve got,” Maxon said to her.
Tori, not paying any attention to Nova, was the first to realise their Bachelorette was missing. “Did either of you see where Vanessa went?” She asked.
Maxon scanned the area briefly. “And Jay,” he added. “He’s gone too.”
“We were right behind them.” Nova sounded genuinely concerned. “Do you think something got them?”
Tori shook her head. “Not likely. We’re lost in a maze. They can’t be too far. Probably just walked ahead,” she shrugged.
“Or maybe they turned a corner suddenly,” Nova continued.
Maxon had walked ahead some, looking down other paths until he pointed down one. “Or they found the exit.” The girls walked over and saw that just 20 metres away were lights and the back of the main building. It was the exit. The three ran, panting and looking around when they’d made it out. There was no sign of Vanessa or Jay.

Tagged...

The Group Date - Tyson and Vanessa’s individual mini dates

Tyson’s group met up with the other three not long after they’d escaped the maze. They walked over from the back of the main building and Connor asked with a cheeky grin, “How much earlier than us did you manage to find the maze exit?”
“We didn’t so much find the exit as much as we were caught and escorted to the exit,” Tyson admitted. “I see you guys lost two of your own too.”
Nova answered, a little uncomfortable, “We were all running from zombies, and when we stopped, they had disappear-” She stopped when she saw Vanessa and Jay, hand in hand still, being directed from behind by Samara.
“Looks like they got caught too. So only three of us actually completed the maze,” Connor said. “Congrats to you guys.”
“Thanks,” Tori and Maxon said together.
“Who finished?”, Vanessa asked when they made it over to the group and Samara walked back into the maze.
“We did,” Tori answered, gesturing to Nova and Maxon. “We weren’t that far from it when the zombies attacked. How did you both get caught?”
“Uh, she… that character was just quietly waiting behind Jay here, we hadn’t a chance to escape.”
“Sounds fascinating ,” Tyson commented dryly. “So I was thinking that I would ask Jace if he wanted to join me in the Haunted House?”
Jace gave Tyson a half-hearted smile. Of course, he was excited to get some alone time with him, but he wasn’t sure he wanted to be scared again. “I’d love to join you.”
Vanessa rolled her eyes at Tyson’s comment and then sighed when he reminded her about the other attractions. “Since I have to do another one and you helped me so much in the maze.” She squeezed Jay’s hand and looked up at him. “Will you accompany me into the haunted house?”
Jay squeezed her hand in return. “How could I say no to a round two?” He hoped Vanessa knew he wasn’t referring to the haunted house when he said that.
She actually laughed. “Be careful with the implications, someone might take it the wrong way.”

Vanessa and Jay were told by the producers that they had to go first this time. With annoyance, she shuffled them to the front entrance of the house and pushed open the door. Inside, they’d stepped into a dimly lit foyer, all wood and covered with cobwebs. “I’m over this already.”
Jay gave a small laugh. “Safe to say Tyson was the one who chose today’s date activity then.”
“Did John not tell you that?” She gestured ahead of them. “Shall we take the stairs?”
Jay nodded and started walking up the stairs. “Maybe he did and I might not have been paying close enough attention. There was too much anticipation waiting to hear what was on the first date card.”
“Were you disappointed? Did anyone figure it out? What were everyone’s thoughts? I don’t know why but this feels like an interrogation. Perhaps all my questions.” The pace of her speech had got faster. “I am curious about something, what was your first impression of me? And Tyson. What was your first impression of Tyson? Do you have a preference? You don’t have to answer that. Perhaps, no.” She stopped when they reached the platform at the top of the stairs.
Jay reached out for Vanessa’s arm, pulling her slightly so she was looking at him. He pretended to think hard, finally deciding to ignore all her questions, but one. “My first impression of Joy was great. She intrigued me. My first impression of you, as Vanessa, was utter confusion. That was a nice stunt you pulled.” He was smiling, but it might have been too dark for Vanessa to tell that he was only teasing.
She looked at him as he pulled her round. “So did you get the reason behind what I was doing? Had you discussed it with anyone else? Maybe then you won’t be as confused.”
“Honestly, no. I have no clue why you’d give a fake name. I guess I should have asked the others, but since we’re here now, do you want to explain it to me?” They start walking along the corridor.
“I won’t tell you the significance of the name, as I’m sure you’re smart enough to work it out later. As for why I did it, I hate introductions, they annoy me. It’s that simple really.”
Jay laughed. “You hate introductions so instead you introduce yourself with a fake name?”
She dropped his hand and moved away, a little irritated that he was laughing at her. “I guess it just makes it a little more fun or something.”
He considered saying something more to Vanessa, but his thoughts were cut off by something touching him. “What was that?”, he asked, flinching.
She spun on her heel. “What was what? There is nothing there.”
“Something just touched me.” He turned around, swinging his arms to swat away anything that might be near him.
“Nothing is there though.” She shook her head and walked over to the door next to him as if to prove her point. She opened the door and let out a shallow scream before pulling the door shut again. She didn’t let go of the handle but continued to pull it tightly.
Staying where he was, Jay asked with urgency, “What? What was there?” He took a few cautious steps closer to Vanessa and the door.
“Remember those zombies we ran from in the maze?” Her eyes were filled with terror, she was truly freaked out as held onto the door. “This is…”
He nodded slowly. “We should… We should go another way. They’re not trying to open the door, are they?” She shook her head, too scared to move away from the door.
“Then we’re safe to go a different way,” he assured her, feeling a little calmer knowing the zombies weren’t actively seeking them out. He walked up to Vanessa and gently lifted the hand she had on the door. “How about we head down the other way?” As Jay started to lead her in the other direction, the handle began to turn. Vanessa froze for a second, then buried her face in his chest again.
Jay held her tightly. The zombies had once again, helped him get an edge in this competition. He couldn’t savour the moment for long though. The zombies were out to get them, after all. “Come on, this way,” he said, taking Vanessa’s hand and jogging in the other direction. Not able to stay in the safety in his chest for long before being pulled along the hall, Vanessa’s fear remained. They got to the end of the corridor and Jay yanked opened the door that was there, only to find someone standing there. A Clown. A Clown with bulging eyes and pointed hair. Vanessa squeezed his hand much tighter this time and let out another shallow scream. She turned them round hurriedly, only to see another exiting the door that they’d just been standing next to.
Jay also screamed upon seeing the second clown. He quickly regained his composure and pulled Vanessa along with him, ducking as he ran around the side of the clown. “Are you alright?”
She felt her eyes get watery as he pulled her down the hall, past the stairs, and along the hall the other way. Vanessa finally answered as they slowed their pace and came to a stop. “I’m o-okay.” She tried to brush off the croak in her voice. The handles rattled on the three doors around them, before each door opened, revealing a clown in each one. “I’m not okay.” Her left eye leaked as she buried her head in his chest again.
Jay hugged her tightly, relieved she couldn’t see the shock on his face now being cornered by scary clowns. “It’s ok, they can’t hurt us. It will be over soon,” he reminded them both.
“If we get out of this,” she choked on tears and her voice muffled by his body. “I need to… I want to give you a rose.”

Tyson walked with Jace to the entrance of the haunted house. “I’m just now thinking… I might have asked the wrong person to come with me. You didn’t seem to be a fan of surprises?”
Jace tugged at his collar. “I… uhh… probably shouldn’t have told you that. Yet, you still picked me. It’s not that I don’t like surprises, I’d just prefer to know what to expect.” He moved his hand to the back of his neck. “I did sign up for this show and it’s a series of surprises.”
“Well, it was actually part of the reason I wanted to spend some extra time with you,” Tyson began, pushing open to doors. “It might be a different way of thinking to mine, but you were honest. I liked that… And I’m happy to hear it’s not a case of hating all surprises.”
“Isn’t that the best way to be when trying to start a relationship with someone; honest?”, he said, smiling. He looked around, spotting the other two quite close at the top of the stairs. “Which way? Probably not up since…” He gestured to them.
“When in doubt go right,” Tyson said confidently. He didn’t wait for Jace to agree, walking down the hallway and through an arch that led to a separate room.
Jace followed him into a dusty living room with the furnishings covered in sheets. “So why can’t skeletons play music in church?”
“Other than the fact that they’re merely a skeleton? I’m not sure, why can’t they?”
He smirked, thinking about when he told this joke to his sister and how much she had laughed. “Because they’ve got no organs.”
Tyson chuckled, laughing more so at the simplicity of the joke rather than the joke itself. “That was such a dad joke.”
Jace smiled, rather pleased with himself. “Plenty more where that came from… Argh!” Something had gripped around his ankle.
Tyson jumped back a bit, out of instinct. “What?!”
“There is something holding onto my ankle,” he said slowly and quietly, not yet looking down.
In a random act of bravery, Tyson moved closer to Jace and started kicking close to his feet, hoping to get whatever was holding his ankle away. He held on to Jace’s shoulders so he wouldn’t lose balance. Tyson managed to kick it, but it only ended badly for him. He’d kicked some kind of metal clamp that was restaining Jace.
“Ow!” Despite the frustrating pain that lingered, Tyson bent down to see what had caught Jace’s ankle. If not a person holding him, then what?
Jace heard the CLINK of Tyson’s foot hitting the metal. “Are you okay?” He bent down and started examining the clamp that held his foot. He knew he needed to ask more questions and get to know Tyson better, but wanted to check that he was okay first, as well as get free. Feeling at the sides, he felt a lever-like switch and pulled it. The clamp immediately sprung open.
Tyson offered a small smile. “I should be fine. I’m sure the pain will pass in a couple of minutes,” he assured. Now that the clamp wasn’t restraining Jace, Tyson stood up. “We should probably leave this room though, there could be more traps.”
“Are you okay to do so or do need some help?”
“Well, I wouldn’t turn down a shoulder to lean on,” Tyson admitted, adding a flirtatious wink at the end.
Jay shifted to Tyson’s side, sliding his own arm under Tyson’s and around his back. “I heard you were a cruise ship singer, what’s your favourite request to sing. Wait, do you even do requests?” They walked around the sofa and toward the faint light of a door. They soon discovered it was from a kitchen, upon walking into the room.
Tyson shook his head. “I don’t get many requests. The cruise liner I’m with now usually give me a set list and it doesn’t really change much. Occasionally an overly intoxicated will come over and ask me to sing the Y.M.C.A with her.” He laughed. “Have you ever been on a cruise?”
“No, I never have. But I’ve always wanted to go one to Brazil. Someday I hope to do that cruise.”
“Brazil, that’s-” He was cut off by the sound of the kitchen cupboard doors swinging open and then slamming shut, seemingly on their own accord. “Shit!” Startled, he clutched onto Jace’s arm. “That gave me a fright” The cupboards continued slamming, gradually growing louder. Then, without any interference, the tap of the kitchen sink started gushing water. “I wonder what special effects they use for this…”, he pondered out loud, still holding Jace’s arm, but not as frightened any more.
Jace smiled, happy to finally be of use on this date. “I believe it’s all mechanical, all linked up to an outward control panel where someone is just flicking a switch.”
“Well, it sure is effective… Let’s keep going…” Jace nodded and helped him through the rest of the house. They were surprised to find that nothing else, no one else, jumped out at them. There were a few noises but that’s all they were, and they made it out safely. Once out of the house, Tyson turned to Jace, who was still being his crutch, and said, “Well, I don’t think I’m in any rush to do that again… But I do want to spend more time with you in the coming weeks, so…” Tyson collected the rose from the producers, that he’s signalled when leaving the house, and returned to Jace. “So, will you accept this rose?”
“Of course, I can’t wait to get to know you better either,” Jace replied, smiling ear to ear, and gave a kiss on the cheek.

Tagged...

Question
Could everyone please fill out this form on how they think their relationships with others will be. Just give each character a rating, and if you want to then you can add more information (enemies, BFFs, etc). You also don’t have to fill in all, you can skip some, BUT please fill in one form for EACH character you have. Just please take profiles and the previous chapters into your consideration too.

Date Card and The House

The door to the house opened earlier this morning. All were still asleep when John walked in, except for Lara, who was sitting outside with a teapot and cup of herbal tea. John walked over to the door, “Good Morning Lara, you’re up early.”
“Not as early as you must have been, John.”
John smiled. “Now I thought this would happen, so I brought some help.” He pulled out an air horn from inside his jacket, then offered it to Lara. “Would you like to wake everyone up?”
“You may as well be asking if I want to make an enemy out of everyone in the house,” she remarked, getting up from her seat and taking the air horn anyway. There was one person she definitely wouldn’t mind using this on though. No, there was two.
She walked down the corridor and into the first bedroom on the right. Lifting the air horn up in the air, she pressed it, waking Jay, Piper, Connor and Juniper. There was a chorus of groans with one “What the fuck?” from Piper. Jay was the most unhappy. He rolled over, taking his pillow out from under him, and threw it across the room at the door, where the noise had come from. But Lara was too quick for him and had already left before it had a chance to hit her.
She then cut across to the first bedroom on the left, the room she had slept in. Unlike the first bedroom, Lara had a bone to pick with someone. She walked over to Julian’s side of the room and blasted the air horn. That’s what he gets for leaving the lights on while I’m trying to sleep, she thought. Both Julian and Nova screamed in unison, though Julian’s was slightly higher.
In the next room down the hall, Lara woke Adrian, Tori, Dan and Maxon. “Don’t shoot the messenger,” she called back at them as she left the room. Their reactions were less than spectacular for Lara. Just grunts, groans, and sighs. Lara had finally reached the last room. Taking advantage of this opportunity, she stood right next to Chelsea’s bed as she played the air horn one last time. She held it down a second longer than usual this time too. Chelsea sits bolt upright and looks for what the noise was. Seeing Lara, she screamed, “What on Earth is your problem? What was that for?”
Lara shrugged. “John wanted me to wake everyone up.”
“Right next to my ear. I don’t think so”
“I guess I just didn’t notice how close I was standing to you,” she lied. Chelsea scowled and covered her face with her pillow, then sighed loudly.

10 minutes later, everyone had gathered in the living room. Half had coffee or tea in their hand and almost all were still in their bedroom attire. John pulled out an envelope from the same side of his jacket that he had the air horn. “Jay, would you do the honours?”
“Sure, I’d love to, “ he said, standing up to get the envelope from John.
“But before you do.” John reached into his jacket and pulled out a long-stemmed rose which had a small card attached. He passed it to Jay.
Jay started reading the card aloud, “I promised you this last night, thanks for making a terrible date location really fun.” He realized after he finished that this would have been a nice note to not share with the others, but it was too late now and this was reality TV after all.
John patted him on the back. “Turns out you got really close with the bachelorette,” John teased, then turn to leave. “Well, I’ll be off, enjoy your dates.”
Jay had almost forgotten about the date card, being distracted by the rose. He set his rose down on the table to open up the envelope. “Two individual dates,” he started, pausing to give everyone a chance to process it. “Tyson would like to ask Chelsea.”
Chelsea stared, a little bewildered. She was glad that Jay had said his name because she still didn’t remember it. She had barely spoken to him. She had expected to be on a date but with Vanessa. That’s who she had the connection with and who had picked her at the rose ceremony.
“And Vanessa would like to ask Kim,” Jay continued.
Kim was surprised and a little anxious upon hearing that it wasn’t going to be Tyson, but did let it show. Maybe she could finally ask the significance of Tiana, along with other questions. “One on one time with the bachelorette, better wear something cute and prepare some in-depth questions”

“Join us; stop us from making pour decisions,” Jay said lastly, revealing the date’s clue.
“Poor decisions?” Tori laughed. “What are they saying? Their date choices are poor decisions?!”
“Oh, no. Not like that,” Jay defended. He turned around the card so everyone could see the spelling. “It’s a play on words. P-O-U-R decisions,” he explained to the people at the back who wouldn’t be able to read the card.
“The limo leaves for the date in an hour,” Jay added. Kim bolted for the bathroom, as she knew she had little time to get ready.

Tagged:

Tyson’s Individual Date

Wearing some beige chinos and an untucked white button-up shirt, Tyson waited for the limo to pull up. His neutral tones complimented the backdrop of the Newport Beach Vineyards & Winery.
He wasn’t waiting long before the limo arrived and Chelsea carefully hopped out. She smiled and walked over to him. “Hello, Tyson, right?”, she asked in a way that seemed more like she was stating it.
“That’s me,” he confirmed with a smile. Once she reached him, he leaned forward to give her a peck on the cheek.
Chelsea’s smile grew larger after he kissed her. She wore a mini summer dress of solid white and lace at the top, above the bust, with white tennis shoes. “How are you today, Tyson?” She was trying to say his name as much as possible to help it stick this time.
“I’m doing great. How about you? I hope you’re excited for what I have planned.”
“To be honest, a little surprised that you picked me. Don’t get me wrong, I’m beyond excited, but a little curious.” She paused. “So what is your plan?”
“Oh…” Tyson felt a little taken back. He had thought their conversation on the first night went well, but he wasn’t expecting her to be surprised that she was chosen for a date. He remembered the rose ceremony, thinking now that maybe Chelsea and Vanessa might already have formed a strong connection. “Well, today I’ve planned a bit of a tour around the vineyard and then we’ll have a bit of a taste in the afternoon. Are you much of a wine drinker?”
“The tour sounds fun. Walking around this beautiful place with you and seeing how wine is made. But I’m not really a drinker, my work doesn’t really allow me to.” She felt anxious, like he was regretting his decision in choosing her, so she added. “But who knows, after today I might discover I have a taste for it.”
“I believe, if my intel is correct, they will actually encourage you to spit out the wine. You know, since it’s about the taste,” he informed her. “So I hope you won’t feel uncomfortable. I don’t want to force you to drink.” He took her hand in his and started walking.
“So, you mentioned your job… What is it you do?”
“I’m an aerial artist, well most refer to it as an acrobat. I do so in circus shows, as well as holding classes. So when rehearsing, I can’t really drink.”
Tyson was impressed. “That sounds pretty amazing. I can see why you wouldn’t drink though, it must be full on too.”
“It can be, but it’s a lot of hard work.” They stopped when they were met by a member of staff at a large wooden door. Tyson held on to Chelsea’s hand as they waited for the staff member to open the door for them.
“Thanks,” he said, once it had opened as they walked through. They walked into a long tunnel, lit with fluorescent lights above, which seemed to slope slightly downward for quite a distance. One wall was lined for wooden barrels stacked on top of each other.
“To your left, these barrels are all full of wine just waiting to be bottled. But come this way, to the distillery,” the staff member announced, turning and walking down the tunnel, where it looked darker than where they were.
“I know you went to the haunted house last night, but are you sure you haven’t brought me to another one here?”, Chelsea asked.
“Fairly sure, I don’t think I’d be up for back to back haunted house visits.”
Chelsea laughed. “Why not? Did you not enjoy last night’s date?”
“No, it was entertaining… But it was definitely a once-in-a-blue-moon type of activity. Do you think you would have liked to have been on that date?”
“No, I honestly think that I’m luckier being here with you now.” She smiled and squeezed his hand. “C’mon, let’s go.”
They walked together down the tunnel, catching up to the staff member. They were met with another door, which opened up to the distillery. More stacked barrels were in this room, along with giant metal containers connected by pipes to smaller containers.
Chelsea looked all around the room. “It’s quite amazing to think that all this goes into making those small bottles of wine we get from a liquor store.”
“Yeah, I’ve always thought the squishy grapes side of it was pretty surprising too. Do you think people really squish grapes with their feet before to make it taste way here?” He scrunched up his nose thinking about it.
“Maybe in Italy, but not by the looks of it here.” She paused to think of a question to ask and got one almost immediately. “So, I heard from the others that you’re a singer, but did you study to get into the profession or was it just luck, determination, and talent?”
“None of that actually. It was from a lot of encouragement from my Nana. She really urged me to do what I love, so I pursued it seriously not long after she passed.”
“So you just went straight into it, you didn’t study or anything?”
“No, I finished high school and then went straight to working.”
After explaining the ins and outs of the winemaking process, something that wasn’t allowed to be aired on TV, the staff member ushered them to follow him through to the next area. Anyone wanting to experience this would just have to come and do so in person. The next room was more of the same thing and in the art of television, they looked to rush through it, until they got to the final room. A rustic-looking cellar. “Time to taste,” the staff member said.
Tyson let out a “Finally!” before he remembered Chelsea wasn’t much of a drinker. “Uh, so how do you feel about some tasting now that we’ve seen how it all works?” He squeezed her hand. “Maybe we’ll find a signature drink for you.”
She let out a small laugh. “I’m okay with a tasting. I’m not working, remember. I guess this is sort of a vacation, a vacation to find love… I hope.”
They sat down at a tall table in the middle of the room. “A vacation to find love? That has a nice ring to it. I hope you won’t mind if I borrow that one later.”
“Only if you give me credit,” she told him flirtatiously. Then cursed herself for how awkward and stupid she sounded. He’ll never like you after that crap, she thought.
“I’m sure we can arrange for some kind of royalties to be paid to you every time I say it,” he joked. The staff member returned with two glasses, a bottle of wine and a small cheese platter. “A 2008 Black Bay Cuvée”
“Shall we toast to a vacation to find love?”, he asked Chelsea.
“Yes,” Chelsea agreed. “And hopefully, to many more dates like this one.” Again, why do I keep saying shit like that?
Tyler clinks his glass with hers and flashes a grin. He wondered if this meant Chelsea might have found a stronger connection with him, than the one she had made with Vanessa.
He held his glass rather awkwardly, unsure of the correct way he was supposed to taste wine. He was far too used to beer bottles. Finally, he took a drink, hoping Chelsea was doing the same instead of watching how foreign this all was to him.
But before Chelsea took a sip, she had one burning question, “Besides singing, what are your other interests or passions?
“I’m big on travelling,” he told her. “Don’t get me wrong, I want to settle down, but with someone who shares the travel bug with me, who’s just as keen as me to do all the overrated tourist things just for the sake of doing them.”
“Somewhere like the Eiffel tower in Paris?”
“Exactly. I still haven’t done that one yet. Have you?”
“Yes, about 5 years ago, when I finished college. I guess, as the expression, I ran off to join the circus… sort of.” She took a sip of her wine, pulling a sour face as she did.
“That’s define- Oh, you don’t like that one?”, he asked concerned at Chelsea’s reaction. “Do you want to try something else or have some of the cheese?”
“I think I’m just not used to the taste.” She takes another sip and scrunches her nose ever so slightly. “See, it’s… nice.” Putting down her glass, she cut off some cheese and put it on a cracker, then offered it to Tyson.
“Don’t quit your day job beautiful, that wasn’t very convincing acting.” He took a bite of the cracker as Chelsea held it out to him.
Chelsea laughed. “It’s a good thing that what I do is more of a dance then, isn’t it?”

After tasting half a down more wines and Chelsea actually finding a couple that she liked, they decided to take a walk in the garden.
Tyson strolled hand in hand with Chelsea along the walkway. “So tell me a bit more about yourself. What’s your family like?”
She smiled as she looked around the garden. “It’s reasonably small. Both my parents have good careers and always wanted the best for my sisters and I. I have two, an older and a younger. My parents weren’t the happiest when I decided to join the circus rather than getting an industry job. However, my sisters are bringing them round to the idea. They’re my best friends, you know.” She paused. “What about your family?”
“I’m the youngest of six.” He paused to let Chelsea react, which she did. Her jaw dropped as she turned to head back to face him. Most people always had a surprised look whenever he told them this. “My parents are still together, they’ve always done their best to give us a good life. We weren’t really that well off, but it made us all really close.”
“You seemed to have done pretty well for yourself. They must be really proud of you.”
“They are, but they tend to miss me a lot. I think they’d prefer I permanently relocate back home. I imagine it’s the same with your parents, right?”
“Yes, of course, but they’d also prefer if I took a job in an office too.”
“They worry about your safety? Have you hurt yourself much already or is it just parental paranoia?”
“No, it’s just that my career isn’t exactly approved of, nor does it have any kind of social standing. We’re a little snobby, I guess you could say.”
“Well, I don’t think you come across as snobby. In fact, I have something for you.” Tyson leaves to speak with someone from the camera crew and returns shortly with a rose. “I want to see more of you around, so I’m wondering if you will accept this rose?”
Chelsea was so happy that she didn’t even think about how everyone would hate her for worming her way into both of their hearts. “Yes,” she said with a massive grin and leaning forward to kiss his cheek.
That was it, the date had come to an end and it was time to each go back home.

Tagged:

Vanessa’s Individual Date

It was a beautifully sunny day and Vanessa was standing outside Newport Beach Vineyards & Winery, barely a hundred metres from the patiently waiting Tyson. Today, she wore her black skinny jeans with the speckled white paint again, a tight white shirt with three-quarter sleeves, red suspenders and red converse. She watched as the limo stopped just fifty metres away, in front of Tyson before pulling up in front of her.
Kim stepped out of the limo and swiftly made her way up to Vanessa. She was dressed a lot more casually than she had been the first time they met. “Morning Vanessa,” she greeted once she was closer.
“Morning Kim, though it won’t be for long. Midday is approaching,” She looked Kim up and down, and teased, “No satin slip today? Or are you saving that for the party tomorrow?”
“We shall see,” she said with a small giggle. “I wasn’t too sure what we would be doing today, so I dressed down a bit.” She put her fingers through the belt loops of her jeans to prove this.
“The ’pour’ didn’t give it to you?” Vanessa gestured to Tyson with her head. “It’s okay, today’s date seems much more my sort of thing than yesterday’s. So let’s hope it’s fun.”
“Truth be told, it didn’t quite click until we got here,” she confessed. “But I’m sure we’ll have a great time today. Wine is right up my alley.”
“That’s good, you can be my wine guru then. I know nothing. I drink it but that’s about it.”
“Looks like you chose the right person as your date then,” Kim winked.
“Well, I guess we’ll see, won’t we?” Vanessa walked ahead, round the side of the building into a lavish garden. No lawn, just a series of paths. The garden was a mix between a small jungle and a cacti rock garden. The staff led them to a gazebo draped in vines and foliage, where a table with pre-poured wine was already set up, along with some nibbles. Vanessa decided she’d make an effort and went over to pull out Kim’s chair, “M‘lady.”
“Thank you,” she said, taking a seat.
Vanessa takes her own seat round the other side of the table. “So I vaguely remember you saying that your outfit choices don’t match weather conditions because of your job. What is your job then?”
Kim mentally cursed herself. Why had she said that to the Bachelorette on the first night? Nerves? It didn’t make sense to her hearing it back now. “Well, I’m a model and an artist when I get the time to paint, that is,” she explained, playing it cool. “But my family also owns a small store, so I help out there too.”
Vanessa cocked her head and looked at Kim curiously, “Does a model mean that you need to wear inappropriate clothing all the time? I thought that was just for photoshoots?”
“No, no,” she quickly denied. “It’s just that a lot of my wardrobe is from my photoshoots. I get to keep a lot of the clothes that I model… And I guess a lot of them are a little skimpy.” She let out a sheepish giggle.
“Are they at least comfortable?”
“Mostly. I don’t keep wearing them if they’re not.”
“Fair enough.” Vanessa nodded.
A staff member appears, holding a tray with two wine glasses and a bottle to offer Vanessa and Kim. They take a glass each and the waiter begins to pour.
“This is a 2002 Coyote Cuvée,” he explains as he pours. “It’s our silver medal winner.”
Kim swirled her glass a bit, then took a sip. “So there’s something I’ve been wanting to ask you,” she began.
Sticking her nose into the glass, she took a sip. “Mmm… not too bad.” She looked over at Kim. “Yeah, what’s that?”
“Well… Tiana?” She phrased it as a question, taking another sip of the wine.
“Is a person or the character?” The light bulb turned on a second later. “Oh, wait, that’s the name I gave you, isn’t it?” She continued, not waiting for Kim to acknowledge this. “I don’t like introductions, I find they’re boring and monotonous. So, to make it a little more entertaining, I gave almost everyone a Disney name rather than my own.”
Kim chuckled. “But doesn’t that come back to bite you? Since now we’re all going to be confused and you’ll have to explain it to everyone…”
She tightened her lips and looked off to the side. “Yeah, I will admit that I hadn’t thought it through. It seemed like such a good idea at the time, which happens to me a lot. I’m not very good at forward thinking.”
“Well, that answers my next question,” Kim confirms. There was only a little bit of wine left in her glass, so she finished it off, eager for the next tasting.
Vanessa too took a large gulp of wine and placed the glass on the table, though it still had a little left in the bottom. “I did? Without even knowing what it was too. What was the question?”
“I was going to ask what’s something that took you way too long to figure out… But I guess it would be that your name prank wasn’t the best idea for your first night as the Bachelorette.”
Vanessa said nothing and the staff member returned with another bottle and new glasses, which he poured the wine into. “2012 The OC Zin. This is a little gimmick drink we usually show off to the tourists. It was very popular when the OC was still being aired”
Picking up the glass, Vanessa gave it a whiff. “Smells like… the last one.” She took a large sip. “Though this one definitely has a fruitier taste.”
“Sounding like a true wine connoisseur now.” Kim lifted the glass and swirled it around, like she had done the first time, taking a sip. Instantly, she twisted her nose, not liking the taste. She forced herself to swallow it regardless. “Ick, no, not for me.”
“I guess we have different tastes,” she said a little bluntly. Vanessa looked around for the staff, the coast was clear. She grabbed the bottle and poured a little more into her bottle. “You sure you don’t want any?”
“Well, not of that one. Is the first one around here still?”
Vanessa looked around and spotted a table by the gazebo entrance with the other bottle on it. She got up, going over to collect it. She returned to pour Vanessa a glass and sat back down. She took another gulp of her own wine, before asking, “Which would you choose, would you spend time with your great-grandmother in her last six months, or save ten children from a burning building?”
Kim thought for a moment. “I hope this answer doesn’t determine whether or not I miss out on a rose, but I’d have to pick my great-grandmother.”
“Well, that really depends.” she smiled, though it was more like a smirk. “Your turn now. You’re up.”
“Okay…” Kim felt the pressure, but luckily the alcohol made her feel relaxed. “Which would you choose, be pregnant at 16 or be pregnant at 45?”
“16, definitely. It’s easier to give birth!”
“But how would you kno- nevermind.” Kim waved off the thought, taking some more of her drink. “Have you thought of another one for me?” She turned her whole body to face Vanessa, leaning in a bit more.
Vanessa knew what she was going to ask and would’ve answered too if she hadn’t stopped. She finished the rest of her glass. “To be put into a mental asylum or thrown in prison?”
“Well, everyone’s always pleading insanity to get out of jail, so there must be a reason for that, so I guess I’d take the mental asylum.”
Before Vanessa could respond, the server came over and showed them a new bottle, pouring out two fresh glasses. Vanessa picked up her glass. “Cheers to… crazy questions and too much wine. I don’t know, got something better to say cheers to?”
Feeling a lot more confident now with the aid of all the wine, Kim nodded enthusiastically. “How about, cheers to this?” She leaned in and kissed Vanessa softly on the lips.
Vanessa was surprised at first, she wasn’t sure she’d felt something for Kim at first, then she regained composure. “Not quite.” She leaned over the table, almost knocking over her glass, and kissed her a little more passionately.

After tasting, doubles, of a few more wines, Kim and Vanessa linked arms and walked merrily back through the garden. “You know what word I love to drink when I’ve been drinking.” Vanessa laughed loudly. “The word I love to drink. I mean, the word I love to say…” Vanessa picked a flower from the garden on the way past and passed it to Kim. “… when drinking is discom… discobob… decombobueight… no, discombobulate.” The reached the large wooden door.
Kim blushed when Vanessa handed her the flower. Hopefully, this meant Vanessa wanted to keep her around a bit longer. “I can honestly say I have never heard that word before.” She pulled open the door. “After you.”
“Confused? Well, that’s what it means.” Vanessa smiles, then laughs. “No, together.” She pulls Kim inside with her.
“Ok, then. Together it is,” Kim agreed, getting pulled alongside Vanessa. “So what’s next for us?” Kim asked, enjoying the date so much to notice it was coming to its end.
Patting herself down, she said, “Well, I don’t have a rose on me, so will you accept that flower I just gave you as one until I have a rose?”
“Of course I will,” Kim said, smiling.
The staff member standing in front of them, who they hadn’t noticed, starts talking, “The winery tour starts…” He continues to go into detail whether they were listening or not.
“This was clearly not well thought through,” Kim whispered to Vanessa. “Why would they give us a tour after we’ve already had the samples. What if we were shit-faced?”
“What are you talkin’ about? I’m perfectly well-balanced, coherent, and sober,” she said, trying to act soberer than she was while looping her arm through Kim’s and almost tripping.
“That’s why I said if. Obviously not us. But other people, light-weights, would probably be stumbling by this point… But that’s not us, we’re fine.” She said it with such confidence in her voice.
Vanessa laughed again, raising her finger in the air as if to make a point. “I think that maybe, just maybe, they don’t do this often. I think they do it the way Tyrone did it.” She furrowed her brows. “Something is wrong with that.”
“Yeah, his name. It’s Tyson, not Tyrone. Surely you of all people would be able to keep track of names, Tiana.”
“Only names that are worthy of my remembering them, and Tyrone, definitely is not.” They finished up the tour, both stumbling along and laughing uncontrollably until it came to the end of their date.

Tagged:

Who would your character talk to at the second cocktail party?
ONLY ONE choice per character! If you have two characters, then ONE vote EACH and please tell us each choice in the chat?!

But think carefully because Tyson and Vanessa have their choices too and they might not align with yours! :smiling_imp:

• My character would approach Tyson privately.
  • My character would be approached Tyson privately.
  • My character would be in a group conversation with Tyson.
  • My character would approach Vanessa privately.
  • My character would be approached Vanessa privately.
  • My character would be in a group conversation with Vanessa.
  • I don’t know/I don’t care

0 voters

The Bachelor(ette) SG ~ Sign-ups/Chat