The background in my last episode is showing up first in my second (SOLVED)

I don’t know if this is a bug or not but the scene I used last in my first episode when I was previewing on mobile, showed up first in my second and is totally disrupting the storyline. So Any tricks to help?

I can’t do much without directly seeing your script. I reccomend just setting the background of your first episode to INT. NIGHT or whatever the completely black background was if its glitching. Thats strange though, as it should begin automatically with whatever background you coded. Did you type in the name of the bg correctly?

1 Like

Yeah. And that’s not even the part that’s getting me confused, it’s like two different episodes.

Woah, what? Can you tell me the first line of code for the episode you’re currently working on and the last one for the one you were working on before?

1 Like

INT.MYSELF

@zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 0

@pan to zone 2 in 4

@pan to zone 2

@speechbubble is 161 179 to 100%

NARRATOR
| bold |Hooked? Excited to find out what happens next?

NARRATOR
| bold |Find out in the next episode of...

NARRATOR
| bold , color:red | City | bold |Meets| color:royalblue, bold |Country| color:black , bold |!

@transition fade out 4

Second Episode:
@transition fade in 4

INT.ALEXAEPISODE- DAY with ALEXA_EPISODE1 with ALEXA_EPISODE2 with CAR INTERIOR

1 Like

Ah, okay, I see. I think I know what you’re talking about. So, to clarify, it shows the background for INT.MYSELF before fading into INT.ALEXAEPISODE on the next episode, right? If so, it should be an easy fix.

1 Like

Yup

Alright, so you have two options.
If you really want the fade in, on the subsequent episode, you should put something along the lines of:

INT. BLACK - NIGHT (so it starts off as black.)

@transition fade in 4

insert your background code here

or

Just dont use @transition fade in at all

The problem is the code reads transitions and automatically looks for the last scene so it could transition into the next. So it saw nothing before your @transition and thought to transition from the last ep.

Or at least it should. Try it and tell me if it works or not.

1 Like

It worked! Tysom!