The Best Stories Are Worth Sharing: Thriller: © Tribe of Malapinchi

Hi guys! Not sure if it’s alright but this is my entry for the thriller contest. Do tell me what you think about it. It’s my first time entering a contest. :smiley: but it is my second time directing and publishing a story. Here’s the link below. Thank you!

There’s limited to no romance involved in the story because that’s the norm. So I decided to write about something different from the rest. It’s very diversified not only because I used the 3 character types but I’ve gotten inspiration from the lores, myths and legends from the various countries in the Asian region as well as my own hometown. It involves different races and ethnicities, different nationalities and different languages(Eg: Sanskrit, Sumerian and Babylonian) thus the unique character namings. It’s fiction (The Malapinchian Tribe) but based on reality inspired by various sources. Just like Transylvania(Dracula), Romania in Europe is famous for its thriller and horror stories, allow me to introduce to you thriller and horror stories from Asia: Thailand(The Ring), Malaysia(Lady in White) and more. #TheBestOfAsia

Ps. I love Avatar: The Last Airbender (Cartoon Series) :slight_smile:

My story is roughly about these times. I type at an average pace.

1st Episode with 1408 lines: 15 mins 47sec 56 mili sec
2nd Episode with 1587 lines: 17 mins 78 sec
3rd Episode with 771 lines: 8 mins 64 sec
4th Episode with 1039 lines: 11 mins 64 sec
5th Episode with 2023 lines: 22 mins 67 sec

#smallepisodeauthor
My story: Thriller: © Tribe of Malapinchi
Author: Jannah Jackson
Genre: Thriller/Mystery/Horror/Fantasy/Adventure
Story style: Secret Surprise :wink: (All the 4 episode styles: LIMELIGHT, INK, Classic & Spotlight (for all 3 styles))
Description: Toss into a land of the sun, magic, lies and dark secrets. Can you make sense of the havoc you were tossed into and save everyone before it’s too late? CharacterCustomization
Episodes: 5
Instagram: @jannahjackson
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5909308359180288

1 Like

My story centralizes around Asians thus it takes place in Asia

THE OUTSIDERS/MODERN NON-TRIBAL PEOPLE

image image image image

From Left to Right:

• Isla : Which is you technically, the main character. You are from California(up to you living or just studying there) but you can be of any nationality or race:). You are currently studying at a Californian University. You made many bad choices and ended up where you are now… read my story to find out more haha.
  • Jindara : A Thailand (Asian) name. Also studying with you in a University at California. A bright student with a tragic and sad past from her own homeland in Asia.
  • Rudolph : Up to you to decide where he is from and what race he is. Also studying with you in a University at California. He too made many bad choices and ended up where he is now… read my story to find out more haha.
  • Intan Ratnasari : Intan and Ratnasari come from 2 different languages. Intan means Diamond in Malay and Indonesian. Ratnasari name originates from Indonesia Sunda. It means a lovely gem. She’s not African but more of native tribal village roots from Asia. She can be Malay or Indian or both. Up to you to decide.

SUN TRIBE (THE LIGHT) OF MALAPINCHI

image image image image

From Left to Right:

• Drisana : Drisana means Daughter of the Sun in the Sanskrit language. She’s a mixture of Malay, Balinese, Sudanese, Indian, Chinese, Burmese and more races. The Malapinchian Tribe are very diverse because they have roots in almost if not all Asian regions. She is in line to be the next Chief of the Tribe . Yes Go Females! She is like a combination of Xiaodan, Deepika and Cahaya.
  • Xiaodan Hinata : Xiaodan means Little Dawn in the Chinese Language. Hinata means One Sunshine/Ray of Eternity/Sunflower in Japanese. She is a mixture of Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Mongolian.
  • Deepika : Deepika means Little Light in the Indian Language. She is a mixture of Southern Indian, Northern Indian, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi and Pakistani.
  • Cahaya Bhanurasmi : Cahaya means Light in the Malay Language. Bhanurasmi means Sun in the Javanese Language. She is a mixture of every country in the Nusantara (Malay Archipelago): Malaya, Temasek(Singapore), Indonesia(Java, Bali etc) and Brunei.

image image image image

From Left to Right:

• Rasamee Alisa : The name Rasamee and Alisa come from 2 different languages. Rasamee means Ray of Light in Thailand. While Alisa means Protected by God in Sanskrit language(thus she’s safe from harm). She’s descended from Malaya, Indonesia, Papua New Guinei, Myanmar, India, Thailand and more.
  • Hikari : Hikari means Light in the Japanese Language. She’s descended from Thailand, Vietnam, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, North Indian and more.
  • Dukun Dara : Dukun means a female witchdoctor in the Malay Language. It is not a name. Dara is her name. She is the love interest of Bomoh.
  • Tribe Girl : She is the newly wedded wife of the character, Phassakorn.

image imageimage image

From Left to Right:

• Chahta Susilo : He is the chief of the tribe. Susilo means ruler in the Javanese language.
  • Bomoh : The word bomoh means witch doctor in the Malay Language. Thus he looks Malay.
  • Wuyi : The word wuyi means witch doctor in the Chinese Language. Thus he looks Chinese.
  • Cuniya Maruttuvar : The word cuniya maruttuvar means witch doctor in the Indian Language. Thus he looks Indian.

image image image image

From Left to Right:

• Arunny : Arunny means morning sun from the Cambodian language. #Asian
  • Prapa : Prapa means light, shine and radiance from Thailand.
  • Phassakorn : Phassakorn means Sun in Thailand.
  • Rainsey : Rainsey means Ray of the Sun from Cambodian language.

DARK TRIBE OF MALAPINCHI
image image imageimage image

From Left to Right:

• Haizina (Darkness from the Malagasy language #Astronesian).
    She is the classic version of Hikari from INK. It’s to symbolise that darkness does transform people.
  • Hei An (Darkness from Chinese Traditional language. #Asian)
    He is the classic version of Phassakorn from INK.
  • Ochichiri (Darkness from Igbo language #African)
    She is the classic version of Arunny from INK.
  • Toi ( Darkness. Technically its Bong Toi from the Vietnamese language. #Asian)
    He is the classic version of Rainsey from INK.
  • Pouri (Darkness from the Maori Language. #Astronesian)
    She is the classic version of Prapa from INK.
1 Like