The Blog Thread ❤

Agreed! Its really Dissapointing…

1 Like

hey everyone!

Could someone give me some advice please?

1 Like

Of course. :heart:

My story Olympus Has Chosen has recently blown up in a sense that it has been getting lot’s of views.

I’ve also noticed my fan mail has increased too but It’s causing me problems.

I’ve been getting lot’s of message’s saying that I’m copying a story called Whiskey which I’ve never even read. A lot of people are also accusing me of getting Greek Mythology wrong even though I have studied it for years and did it for my History GCSE.

I could just turn the Fan mail off but I get positive messages as well as questions from other authors.

How do I cope with the Negative comments and address the issue of copying?

3 Likes

Respectfully explain yourself once, allowing yourself a to learn from constructive criticism. If the same people persist after that, firmly and politely tell them that you are finished with this topic. After that, ignore them.
You may also consider writing a disclaimer or message from the author explaining your point of view at the begining of the first episode, and every 3 episodes thereafter. Sound good?

2 Likes

Many of them are probably trolls or other authors who are jealous of your recent success. :stuck_out_tongue:
Just ignore them. They only want an angry answer, so don’t satisfy them.

2 Likes

Thanks!

By the way, know that your story’s ranking is judged mostly by how many people read it and keep reading it. Very little of it is judged by fanmail/hatemail or other user ratings.

2 Likes

You can also report any hateful or bullying comments to the Episode team and they will look into it for you. You can contact them here.

1 Like

Thanks but it wasn’t bullying. Just some people who seem to be bored with there lives so try to bring others down :slight_smile:

Technically that’s bullying, but it’s not absolutely necessary to report them. Just accept constructive criticism and ignore general hateful comments.

1 Like

What I did today : school.

as annoyed as I am about some of the changes to the forums, I must say, I’m intrigued. what are badges? what are user cards? did you guys know you could set your birthdays on here?

1 Like

I’m confused about that, as well. The new forums are quite confusing.

1 Like

@discobot What are badges? we don’t understand.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

Used cards are the mini-profile that appears when someone clicks on an account’s profile picture on a reply.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

@discobot quote