The "Blue Whale" Game *trigger warning*

Yes, it’s still going on and yes - people are still doing it.

For those who don’t know, Blue Whale is a suicide game where you have to do 50 tasks, the last one resulting in your suicide. 15 people have died from this but it is believed there are much more victims than the ones identified.

The creator of the game was, in fact, a psychology student. He was pretty young too.

Where did the name come from? Well - I’m not sure. But it may have been from the fact that whales commit suicide by beaching themselves - the act of swimming to the shore on purpose, killing themselves, and obviously, we all know whales need to live in the water to survive.

It’s a very sadistic, manipulative game. If you ever receive an invitation to play on something like Whatsapp, don’t reply. BLOCK. THEM.

10 Likes

Jesus Christ. This is still a thing?

7 Likes

Thought it was a myth…o.o

6 Likes

Wait this is still happening? :confounded:

5 Likes

That’s bad😖

4 Likes

It’s terrible really… How could people actually go through with this kind of stuff? :confused:

3 Likes

Oh Gawd… I forgot about this

3 Likes

I just saw the challenges on these. Please don’t accept the challenge 🤦 it’s very violent and you could harm yourself. Please if you’re depressed talk to an adult or call the suicide prevention hotline I’m happy to pm you the number or you can talk to me. If you do accept just know these are most likely empty threats and tell your parents about it so they know.

12 Likes

This makes me actually terrified my cousin sent me this big warning and it wasn’t him i could tell but idkk :flushed::cold_sweat:

1 Like

This thing is still going on? It was a big deal in India a while back but then eventually everyone stopped playing it or something.

4 Likes

What kind of sick game is this? This made me cry. Not your fault, though, thank you for making me aware of this horrible, sick, twisted game that needs to be stopped.

6 Likes

I can’t believe people are still doing this. Absolutely disturbing and triggering!
Didn’t the guy who made this got arrested for it?

2 Likes

I hope so.

1 Like

He actually did get arrested. I’m surprised people are still doing this even though in some countries, they have banned it and they can have access to your internet to see if you have played the game.

3 Likes

He got arrested, thank god :sweat: and people are still doing this? That’s crazy! I mean, doing 50 tasks with the last one being something funny like having a jelly bath would be fun, but suicide? No. No no non no no nononono. no. not okay.

2 Likes

Jesus, this is like that Momo thing that was going on a couple months ago
Terrifying stuff :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Different things, same concept.

1 Like

I’ve just looked up the Momo thingy, and I’m shocked, again. I thought momo was just a creepy thing going around, simply because the face was creepy. I never knew there was such a sick meaning behind it. I can’t believe famous Minecraft (yes I play minecraft don’t judge me peeps) YouTubers joked about Momo challenging them… that’s terrible.

3 Likes

It is disgusting. I read an article about it some months ago, it’s just so shocking. The world is a sick and worrying place, honestly don’t know what to make of it at times :disappointed_relieved:

lmao I used to play minecraft !

Used to? Oh dear :cry: I hope I’m not the only one :joy: I’ve been playing Minecraft for 6 years lol.

Yes, the world truly worries me sometimes. People can be just…

y’know?

1 Like