The character does not follow my orders

Hi there!
I am experiencing a problem: I want my character to cross the screen running, but he prefers running at the beginning and then, stop and fly in the air 'til he exits…
And since there is an overlay, I wanted them to cross the screen together, but I just not able
Can someone help me, please?

Here is the script:
INT. HOSPITAL HALL - DAY

@transition fade in black 2

@overlay STRETCHER create
@overlay STRETCHER shifts to -320 30
@overlay STRETCHER scales to 1.090 1.090
@overlay STRETCHER opacity 1

@overlay STRETCHER shifts to 280 30 in 1 AND SURGEON enters from left to screen left AND SURGEON is run_athletic_neutral_loop AND SURGEON exits right AND SURGEON is run_athletic_neutral_loop

@overlay STRETCHER clear

Thank you a lot.
-Eleana

@overlay STRETCHER shifts to 280 30 in 1 AND SURGEON enters from left to screen left AND SURGEON does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop THEN SURGEON exits right AND SURGEON does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop

I changed a few of your AND’s to THEN’s and does it while’s but you still might want to change the timings

Thank you a lot for your answer! :smiley:
Do you think is possible for the character to cross the screen without stopping?

Well, if I were you I’d put it as this:
@SURGEON stands offscreen left
&SURGEON walks to offscreen right in 1 AND SURGEON does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop
@overlay STRETCHER shifts to 280 30 in 1

But That’s just because I like separating commands on different lines. The surgeon should still do a continuous run without stopping if you use THEN too

Thank you! You’re the sweetest

Aw, you’re welcome :blush: