The Complete List Of Coding Tutorials! (:

Before I start this thread, I just have something I’d like to say…
I want to say a MASSIVE thank u specifically to the people who have made threads that will be linked somewhere below! @JemU776 & @Dara.Amarie, u two are truly amazing! U both take the time out of your days to help others with your coding guides, templates and just your overall help! I speak for everyone when I say that a lot of authors (big & small) wouldn’t have achieved as much as they have without your help (:

@Farah_DeSantis, u help a lot of authors with the tips & tricks surrounding coding and it always makes stories look that bit more advanced so thank u! (:

@anon6748744 & @Vividly, u two help a lot of authors mainly with things like templates for either mini-games, menus or spot directing so thank u for helping with those (I know a lot of people get confused with those) (:

@JemU776 's Tutorials =

Links

:gem: JemU776’s Tutorials LIST (Full) :gem: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Transitions - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Place Characters Behind A Desk :chair: :mortar_board: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Use Easing Functions :disco: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Nested Choices - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Stage Direction - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Reset Story Progress + Bonus Stuff :blob_sun: - Creator’s Corner - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Place Characters in a Bath :unicorn: :black_heart: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:rose: HOW TO: Pan + Zoom at the same time + Extra Material :rose: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:gift: HOW TO: Deal With The Error You Can’t Have One Character Following Another :gift: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Make the Camera Shake - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:black_heart: HOW TO: Labels and Gotos :black_heart: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Pause A Scene - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Use the previews and unpreviews directing command :purple_heart: :crescent_moon: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Have Your Overlay Come in from Offscreen + Workshop :unicorn: :purple_heart: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:crescent_moon: HOW TO: Use Pans :crescent_moon: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Have Character(s) Appear in a TV - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Use Thought Bubbles + Have Characters talk while doing an animation - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Color Code and Lock A Choice - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Enter and Exit Scenes :ice_cube: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Spotlight Format - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Simple Choices - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Get The End of An Animation - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Rear Animations - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Use [shouldPaginate: YES] - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Customize Characters - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Remember Who the MC Talked To - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Check Out Previous Drafts You Saved - Creator’s Corner - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Replay A Story :woman_genie: - Community / Episode Fan Community - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Deal with the Overlay Brightness Issue - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:four_leaf_clover: HOW TO: Choice Inside Choice :yay: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Have Choices Without Dialogue :right_anger_bubble: :dizzy: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:blob_hearts: HOW TO: Use A Built-In Overlay :blob_hearts: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Using Filter - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Weather Effects - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Get Stories Removed off the App - Community / Episode Fan Community - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

HOW TO: Triple Nested Choice :blob_hearts: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

@Dara.Amarie 's Tutorials =

GUIDES | Dara Amarie (dara-amarie.com)

@Farah_DeSantis 's Tutorials =

Links

HOW TO: let reader choose whether they want to keep the default name or enter a new name - and how to have the original name be displayed in small caps - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:loop: HOW TO: animate GIF in INFINITE LOOP - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:stopwatch: HOW TO: TIMED TAPPABLE choice - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:iphone: HOW TO: phonecall with two backgrounds - split screen, facetime - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:facepunch: HOW TO: animate the punch bag - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:blue_car: HOW TO: MOVE OVERLAY AND CHARACTER SIMULTANEOUSLY - HOW TO DRIVE A CAR - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:blob_sun: HOW TO: Loop background VERTICALY - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:eight_pointed_black_star: HOW TO: Show character points WITHOUT if/elif/else - the simpliest method :heart_eyes: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

:open_file_folder: HOW TO: LAYERS - characters and overlays - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

Instagram Accounts With Tutorials =

Cat | Writer & BG Creator :heart: (@catthegirl) • Instagram photos and videos

I’ll edit this with more links and appreciation tags for coders (:

32 Likes

Bookmarking :heartpulse::hugs:

2 Likes

Bookmarking too…
@M_H_C_Episode, you’re a lifesaver :sob:

2 Likes

thank you for sharing :yay: yes I do love helping it’s my passion :100:

I know :smirk: OK I need to be more humble :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :joy:

2 Likes

:joy:

Keep up the great work @JemU776, it is greatly appreciated :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for compiling all of these! I’m always happy to help out less experienced authors :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like
Summary

I have a bit more tutorials just in case you want to add them to the list. :slight_smile:

➿ HOW TO: animate GIF in INFINITE LOOP

⏱ HOW TO: TIMED TAPPABLE choice

📱 HOW TO: phonecall with two backgrounds - split screen, facetime

👊 HOW TO: animate the punch bag

🚙 HOW TO: MOVE OVERLAY AND CHARACTER SIMULTANEOUSLY - HOW TO DRIVE A CAR

:blob_sun: HOW TO: Loop background VERTICALY

✴ HOW TO: Show character points WITHOUT if/elif/else - the simpliest method 😍

📂 HOW TO: LAYERS - characters and overlays

2 Likes

All those links have been added (:

1 Like

thank you soo much for tagging me in this i feel so appreciated rn :pleading_face:

also bumping this so more people can see it (::

1 Like

new one

Summary

HOW TO: have text on new line or how to make empty line inside speachbubble

1 Like

I’ll add it as soon as I return home (I’m out atm) (:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.