The cross necklace accessory

This necklace is used for people who believe in Christianity, but I have seen it being used as a normal accessory and by people who aren’t Christian.

If I made a character wear it as a necklace, not as a symbol of religion, would that be wrong? If I make a character wear it as an accessory, and not in a mocking way, would it still be wrong? Would the character have to be Christian to wear it?

4 Likes

No, some people wear it to wear it. I’m a christian, and I don’t find it rude to wear it if you aren’t christian.

3 Likes

As a Christian, I wouldn’t really be angry about it, but it does kind of bother me when it’s just worn as an accessory by non believers. Mainly because of what the cross represents. I’d advise against it

9 Likes

I’m Christian and it doesn’t bother me when people wear it.

4 Likes

I’m a Christian and it doesn’t bother me.

3 Likes

@astrowolfgirl @lanafrazer_episode @lexiplaysepisode @Mya.writes

If the character was an atheist, would you guys feel any differently? Since a lot of atheists these days are very mocking of religion.

But say if the character in my case wasn’t using it in a mocking way, they were just wearing it as an accessory.

2 Likes

I’m a Hindu by religion. I used to study in a Missionary school before and the sisters there gave me a cross necklace as shown above. They taught me all about Jesus and his teachings and how he taught us to be bound by a religion of love.

I still wear it occasionally to this day and till date, I’d have no problem from other Christians. I think people should see beyond the boundaries of religion. A religion isn’t defined by symbols, but by people’s good work and purity of soul.

3 Likes

I was Christian and one of your characters wearing the cross doesn’t bother me, but I think that I don’t have the right to say what you should or shouldn’t do — the keyword is “was”.

90% people in my country are Christians and many of them wear crosses even if they’re not very religious. I think it is all okay if it’s not mocking religion.

4 Likes

:point_up:

2 Likes

I am not regligios but christian. and dont care if you do or dont. we have a limit amound of things to use in the app. so people should stop complaining wether or not things are been used acorrect. they are not going around saying insults and mocking the stuff so I cant see the problem

2 Likes

Notice, some people can be offended easily when it comes to using cultural assets, so it really is good to ask whether to use it for good stuff but not trying to offend others. Just saying. Which I guess you may know or not know about it already. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

That’s the reason why I made this topic lol :joy: wanted to make sure it was at least alright for me to do.

So overall, do you think it would be ok for me to use?

1 Like

It should be okay to use, that’s a yes from me.

1 Like

true. i once got told on the internet it was inapropirate I wor a kimono. which I have gotten as a gift from a japaness friend of mine(we arent friends anymore for no reason other than we grew apart also dont have the kimono grew out of it)

2 Likes

oh wow, but I didn’t think it was inappropriate at all since you got a kimono from your friend but not going to talk about it since it’s kind of personal stuff, lol and not off topic.

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it, but if you really want to and it’s not worn in a disrespectful way, go ahead

2 Likes

as far I can see most Christians in her dont have a problem with it. there is always that one person who thinks something incident is a big deal. I know a lot of people who wear a cross is regligios at all

1 Like

I never said it was a big deal I just said I wouldn’t personally do it, because I dont…

4 Likes

I think I will. I’ll remember to put a warning or something in the story before, letting people know it’s not a way of mocking Christianity. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Awesome.

2 Likes