The difference between fair silencing and unfair

Because they are corrupt. Like I said. You want to speak out and they want us silenced.

5 Likes

I’ve read all of the TOS for both Episode and the forums and I’ve seen nothing on there saying we can’t criticise Episode’s practices. If that’s a problem, it should be added to the TOS so that everyone understands that it is no longer okay to hold Episode accountable for its actions.

6 Likes

It’s interesting that the eye icon didn’t appear that time.

3 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve really brushed up on the rules to make sure I can express myself without breaking them. It feels like every time I jump over the hurdles, there are more placed in front of me. At this point, I’m starting to wonder if having an opinion is penalising me. Nothing in the TOS saying you can’t have an opinion. In fact, the guideline posted on the Diversity Standards thread stressed that it is okay to express opinions if you’re not targetting a specific person.

6 Likes

Fair silencing = the idiot in the Trump hat who literally is only on the forums to start shit shut and gets flagged because they are openly racist, homophobic and generally distasteful at every turn

Unfair silencing = the people trying to defend themselves from such outright hatred being shut up because its easier to shut up minorities.

What did I expect from white guys as moderators

11 Likes

It’s crucial and terrible. The ones that are offending should be silenced. Not the defending or defender.

3 Likes

That’s racist Deluge! :see_no_evil::rofl:

5 Likes

The fact is that many of the times I’ve been silenced recently, I have not openly attacked anyone, but defended myself. Yet somehow I’m responsible for their hate?

5 Likes

I’m white as snow, not racist :3 I just get white privilege as a concept

1 Like

I actually saw two posts saying how LGBT+ people deserve rights hidden. It’s disgusting at this rate how people want to silence everyone but themselves.

8 Likes

You are not responsible or even close to. Honestly, they are ridiculous.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve seen posts like that stay up for ages, even though it’s actually against the TOS. People are quick to silence people defending LGBTQ+ people.

I’ve been flagged many a time for saying (on an LGBTQ topic) that being gay isn’t a choice when people attack them. That’s unfair silencing.

8 Likes

:see_no_evil::no_mouth:

1 Like

I think in one thread I was on, this girl was flagged when she defended the community and the offender wasn’t silenced when she was. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

There was a time when I honestly thought the tone of a message mattered. Now I know better

2 Likes

Like, originally I thought I was getting flagged for being rude, so I started being more polite. Now I’m still being flagged

2 Likes

Oh my god. So people on this are homophobic.

4 Likes

People are quick to jump on the flagging with no education. It’s ridiculous

5 Likes