The difference between THEN and AND

I was looking at some tutorials on the forum and someone mentioned knowing the difference between THEN and AND would be beneficial with advanced coding and I was just curious about how THEN works? I’m familiar with using AND and was wondering the difference. I couldn’t find another post explaining it. Thanks.

“AND” is the command you use when you want all of the coding commands to happen at the same time, say for example you want your character to walk to a spot and do an animation at the same time you would use:
@CHARACTER walks to spot x.xxx xx xx AND CHARACTER does it while animationname

“THEN” is the command you use when you want one coding command to come after the other. say for example you want your character to walk to a spot and then you want them to do an animation after, it’d look like this:
@CHARACTER walks to spot x.xxx xx xx THEN CHARACTER is animationname

you can use “THEN” in many circumstances just like you’d use “AND”, but “THEN” comes in handy more when you want to put things happening right after eachother instead of altogether at the same time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.