The Episode Community Book Club!

It says you’ll collect them but there seemed to be no metion of where to turn in your review. Maybe I missed it?

2 Likes

That’s ‘cause you have to click the arrow to find the hidden link/information.

Screenshots

2 Likes

Sorry :sweat_smile: I didn’t see that

1 Like

Guys, one day and seven hours left to get your review in. PLEASE submit your review for Adventurous: Seven Seas, as we only have three reviews!

Those who voted…
@JiangShi, @ELx, @Epithet

Those who voted…
@RainbowCat, @talesbyrose, @Annieways, @Episode.Cameronwrite

Those who liked the previous posts (and poll too)…
@Mashia, @NelidaU, @katherinepierce3, @wanderingechoes

4 Likes

Last chance, guys, eight to ten hours left to get your review in for Adventurous: Seven Seas. PLEASE submit your review, we have had six reviews!

Those who voted…
@ELx

Those who voted…
@RainbowCat, @talesbyrose, @Annieways, @Episode.Cameronwrite

@Mashia, @NelidaU, @katherinepierce3, @wanderingechoes

4 Likes

Our Sixteenth story for our Community Book Club was reviewed by seven people, and all the scores will be an average. The book was…

Adventurous: Seven Seas, by Lyra Keiken (@LyraKeiken)
It’s an Adventure and here’s the link.
About: With dashing pirates and high seas, your discovery of a map leading to the Compass of Old sets you on a quest full of curses and magical creatures. Can you resist the temptation of a siren’s song? Will you fight the Kraken and live? Full CC/Gender choice!

This story was recommended by @CrazyCaliope!

First Impression (Cover/title/summary)

Rating: 4.19
Loved every part and this reader was excited to read it. … Both the small and large cover look SO cool. … Another reader had high hopes for this story after watching its trailer and read the synopsis and wasn’t disappointed. … The MC’s expression in the cover tells me about how she’s going to be in the story. A sassy, a little bit cocky but caring captain for her crew. The (what is assumed) map in the background gives more insight into the story too.
One reader loved the description and the name, but the cover was a bit underwhelming for the awesomeness of the story.

The story (Content and Flow)

Rating: 4.76
Perfect, the story hooks the reader in and has them wanting more and more. … The story captivated this reader from the very first scene. It started ‘in medias res’, we got to know the characters through action and not narration, the plot moved forward dynamically, and mini-games spiced up the whole.
The story had enough content without dragging on or adding excess scenes. At no point does the story have awkward timing or weird downtime. It’s just a really meticulously planned and executed story. The only complaint is that there wasn’t enough build-up to the Kraken fight. All of a sudden it was just happening, there was very little dialogue to set up if the characters knew what was happening, if they’d fought it before, and why it was dangerous. Just a little more build up would’ve been nice. … Another thought it flowed really well but just felt like one or two scenes went on a little longer than needed. … Then another thought the flow was a bit fast. They felt like we didn’t learn much about the characters or the world. They know the author wanted to keep the episodes short (since it’s an entry) but felt like some of the dialogue could hint more about character’s pasts, especially since they are pirates.

Characters

Rating: 4.49
Beautifully created; they all have individual personalities and goals. All of the characters were very diverse with different backgrounds from Episode 1. Their backstories are very unique from each other and contribute to the story a lot.
The side characters are extremely endearing and are one of this reviewer’s favourite parts of the story. The banter between them makes this story really special. The LI’s a little generic for this type of story (lawful citizen falls in with pirate) and doesn’t have any discernible quirks or traits, but we only have had a few chapters with them so that can change.
The characters could have definitely been more fleshed out. Another reader found most of them interesting and wanted to learn more about them. The first 3 chapters focused on MC mostly, which is understood, but the crew more interesting and they definitely wanted to see more of them. Though the MC’s past and his/her relationship with his/her father was captivating. The officer (Edmund/Elizabeth) rather comes off a bit “flat” but I’m sure that has to do with the reader’s dislike towards the two-goody-shoes type.

Visually (The directing)

Rating: 5
Out of this world. You can see how much work the author puts into their story. … THE DETAILS, OH MY GOSH! We loved the shadows and lighting effects, and the backgrounds were awesome! Your attention to detail is amazing. … The directing was simply perfect. Through the story, you’ll notice a lot of details in the background (such as waves, shadows). There are a lot of minigames and fight scenes that is directed smoothly. … This is obviously where this story stands out. Every scene looks so good. Overlays, overlays, and more overlays give the story such dimension and fluidity. The whole thing looks beautiful.

Language (Grammar)

Rating: 4.99
Most readers: Didn’t really see any issues, and the characters talked pretty realistically. The author even put ‘pirate-ish’ words into some characters’ mouths.
Just one reader, “There were a few minor errors that only a pedant would notice.”

Choices

Rating: 4.57
They are great and definitely make the reader remain engrossed in the story. … The reader is able to choose their and their love interest’s gender, and play minigames that count towards the story. The death counter is a very unique feature, just loved it a lot. … A good amount of choices were there. Can’t imagine how long it took to code all these. Props to author.

One reader feels they were kinda sparse but when they were there they were important.
Another thinks this is probably the one place that could be improved upon, but only if the author actually wanted to. They just think that because we got to CC the MC and LI, we should have a little more choice when it comes to those interactions; maybe having the choice to NOT tell the LI about our past or not sacrifice our soul in the Kraken fight. Obviously, these things have narrative merit so the author intentionally forced us to do them, but it breaks up the self-insert feeling of the MC. Though the choices we did have were good.

3 was the average number of episodes read by the seven reviewers.

Can’t wait for more!!! … It is a very enjoyable read. … The plot and directing are really amazing and make this story stand out. This reader thinks you have Adventurous in the bag! … The plot was intriguing, the characters likewise, the direction was on a professional level. … An action-packed adventure with a good amount of fantasy, that’s interactive and has excellent directing. A must read.

Final Book Club score is … 4.67

Start a discussion below of this book if you want to! (wink)

Now for next week’s book, get voting because we only have a day left.

8 Likes

oH dAnG, I literally got everything ready to start reviewing ;-; XD

1 Like

Sorry. (pleading face) Though I do post this around the same time every week. (flushed)

1 Like

aH nono, it’s not your fault, I just started too late heh ;O

1 Like

Oh well, better luck this week then. Vote for whichever you want and give it another go at trying to start earlier. (wink)

1 Like

This week’s book is…

Galactic game, by Lucky
It’s a Drama and here’s the link.
About: You are a contestant on an inter-galactic reality TV show with 11 extraterrestrials. Between manipulation, love, alliances, strategies and friendship - will you win the game?

Find the review form at the top of the page, and ANYONE can review the story.

Those who voted…
@JiangShi, @katherinepierce3, @wanderingechoes, @ihicks01, @GSG.episode

MORE recommendations would be appreciated! (WINK)

5 Likes

Thank you to everyone who reviewed my story! I haven’t really been very active lately due to personal reasons and this means a lot more to me than you guys realise :heart:

4 Likes

Please make sure to get your review in for this week’s book, “Galactic game”, to share your thoughts, as we haven’t had any reviews yet! (wink)

Please only vote for a story IF you are going to review it (or if it is your own work), PLEASE?!

About stories...
Action

Scars, by inxmyxeyes (@xinxmyxeye)
About: The past created who she is right now. Life never goes easy on her. That’s why she became ruthless for anyone she’s ever met.

Adventure

Adventurous: Across the New World, by Nelida Utuwatu (@NelidaU)
About: The world is under 200 years old. There’s so much out there that no one knows about yet! At least…nothing out there anyone is allowed to know about. Rules will be broken.

Adventurous: Across Worlds, by Katherine Pierce (@katherinepierce3)
About: Join bold, carefree, and audacious Valentina as she travels across worlds through a twist of fate. Will her tenacity be up to par as she embarks through this foreign planet?

Comedy

2.5 Million Light-Years Away, by JiangShi (@JiangShi)
About: Are you ready to leave everything and everyone behind to discover the secrets of another galaxy 2,5 million light-years away from home? Then get on board! (CC, choices and my madness included)

Horror High, by The Saminator (@The_Saminator)
About: It’s the last day of school, what could go wrong? Everything when zombies are invading.

Drama

DD: Rock Your Socks Off, by Isaiah H (@ihicks01)
About: Lies,Love, Lust, Gangs and Death! People may think the dancing industry is simple… But what happens when it can get you killed?You Choose!

I made the devil cry, by Šebule (@Sebule)
About: Be a soldier. Save your kingdom from darkness. There’s just one problem. Fate can’t escape you. What’s gonna be your choice? Choices matter

Fantasy

My Kalona, by Ray Edwin (@Ray_Edwin)
About: While 17 yr old Naomi desperately tries to bond with her estranged father, she becomes the prisoner of a Native-American curse that threatens all. Help Naomi defeat the curse!

Single Species, by aprilmeijune (@EpisodeApril)
About: After a tragic attack in your school leaves you blind, a mysterious nymph queen attempts to revive her species…starting with you.

Subverted, by Epithet (@Epithet)
About: A king and queen welcome their gifted princess into the world under the eyes of rival fae leaders, unleashing a powerful revolutionary. ~5 LIs, LGBT options, choices matter, CC~

Romance

MC: A Twist of Fate, by Alina (@xo.alina)
About: After a chance encounter with a mysterious stranger, Grace sets out to find the person who stole her heart.

Thriller

Journey: The Mirror, by Meme_Episodes
About: A family curse causes all the woman to vanish… can you break the curse before you are next?

Which one do you want to discuss as the eighteenth book of our book club?
(You can vote for up to five stories)

• MC: A Twist of Fate
  • I made the devil cry
  • Subverted
  • Single Species
  • Adventurous: Across Worlds
  • Adventurous: Across the New World
  • Adventurous: 2.5 Million Light-Years Away
  • Journey: The Mirror
  • Horror High
  • DD: Rock Your Socks Off
  • Scars
  • My Kalona

0 voters

Note: I’ll be voting too. I vote based on the stories’ blurb and whether it interests me! (wink)

2 Likes

Wow! How did my story get on a list!?

(Yes, this is exciting for me…lol)

2 Likes

It must be a good one as someone recommended it. (wink) Glad you’re excited!

1 Like

Guys, two and half days left to get your review in. PLEASE submit your review for Galactic game, as we still haven’t any reviews!

Those who voted…
@JiangShi, @katherinepierce3, @wanderingechoes, @ihicks01, @GSG.episode

@Mashia, @RainbowCat, @talesbyrose, @Ray_Edwin, @Episode_Queen4, @Annieways

3 Likes

Guys, just under 24 hours to get your review in. PLEASE submit your review for Galactic game, as we have only had two reviews!

Those who voted…
@katherinepierce3, @wanderingechoes, @ihicks01

@Mashia, @RainbowCat, @talesbyrose, @Ray_Edwin, @Episode_Queen4, @Annieways

4 Likes

Our seventeenth story for our Community Book Club was reviewed by three people, and all the scores will be an average. The book was…

Galactic game, by Lucky
It’s a Drama and here’s the link.
About: You are a contestant on an inter-galactic reality TV show with 11 extraterrestrials. Between manipulation, love, alliances, strategies and friendship - will you win the game?

This story was recommended by @EmmaZedler!

First Impression (Cover/title/summary)

Rating: 4.43
The covers look nice (they depict the MC and the 2 alien LIs), the title is apt, and the description sums up well what we can expect from the story. It wasn’t the first story this reader read by Lucky, so they knew it must be something good and unique. … Honestly, the cover really doesn’t interest this one reader because they don’t like romance, but they appreciate that many readers would love it.

The story (Content and Flow)

Fantastic; the story and flow were brilliant. The plot is well-built and detailed. There are unexpected twists, a lot of drama, fun situations, a hint of mystery, and the indispensable romance, of course.

Characters

All the characters, including the MC, had their own individual personality and backstory. From their looks to their personalities, we could see very different, exciting, and lovable characters from all around the cosmos.

Visually (The directing)

Rating: 4.83
Superb; there were no faults.
“The directing is really good,” said one reader. “I couldn’t rate it ‘5’ only because I’ve seen some even better (more detailed) directed stories, but it still doesn’t mean I had any problems with Galactic Games’. The animations were smooth, the overlays were chosen and used well.”

Language (Grammar)

Rating: 4.72
Apart from some typos and minor mistakes, I found the grammar good enough. … It was pretty good, except the author needs to fix some commas, the structure of some sentences, and some incorrect words, as they did hinder parts of the story.

Choices

Rating: 3.67
There were enough choices. It was not so obvious to one reader what impact the simple choices had on the happenings because there were no informative reader messages (they didn’t mind it, though; they prefer not to know what’s going on in the background), but they guess some of them did matter - if not all. Most of the episodes started with 2 branches because of the love interest, anyway.
Another reader didn’t feel like there were that many choices and those that were there, they weren’t sure how much impact they had.

28 was the average number of episodes read by the three reviewers.

A really great read, really enjoyed it. … Lucky is one of one reader’s favourite authors on Episode. They love his sense of humour, his light-hearted stories, his unique vision, and his surprising twists (and the cliffhängers). Galactic Game is no exception. It was a fun ride from the start until the end.

Final Book Club score is … 4.61

Start a discussion below of this book if you want to! (wink)

Now for next week’s book, get voting because we only have 9 hours left.

1 Like

This week’s book is…

Adventurous: Across the New World, by Nelida Utuwatu (@NelidaU)
It’s an Adventure and here’s the link.
About: The world is under 200 years old. There’s so much out there that no one knows about yet! At least…nothing out there anyone is allowed to know about. Rules will be broken.

Find the review form at the top of the page, and ANYONE can review the story.

Those who voted…
@Annieways, @Ray_Edwin, @JiangShi, @ihicks01,

Those who voted on other stories…
@Episode_Queen4, @talesbyrose,

MORE recommendations would be appreciated! (WINK)

3 Likes

My story’s revamp is finished ^^ if you guys could review it for next book club that would be great! (✿◠‿◠)

1 Like